Deficient girl taken to flower, looking for opinions.

Reaction score
Hello growmies,

I posted a few weeks ago about my nutrient deficient seedling for a first time grow and wanted to update everyone to see if people had any insight. This is grown in coast of Maine stonington and has been fed com plant food and it’s first com bloom dry amendment last week.

This yellowing deficiency started on day 10 of seedling and has continued today. I’ve tried Epsom salt foil at spray, Epsom salt in water. Calmag and a few other attempts to fix. I’m not in flower and honestly, the flowe doesn’t look too bad. This is day 50.

Has anyone else experienced this before? This is fastbuds purple lemonade.
IMG_4549.jpeg
IMG_4550.jpeg
IMG_4552.jpeg

She’s about 21-21 inches now and bud sites are growing out each day.

I'm not an expert on deficiencies at all but I've had plants that looked similar and for me it was a combination of overwatering and PH issues. The newer growth looks healthy and in my opinion you should be fine to finish up flowering nice and strong.

Some more details since that was typed on mobile:

Water PH'd to 6.5
72-75F entire grow cycle
18-6 light cycle
This yellowing deficient behavior has existing the entire life cycle, which makes me think either the seed itself doesn't have great stable genetics, or my soil didn't have enough nutrients from the get-go.

A friend of mine says I should keep pushing to flower and it should be over 1oz atleast, I'm curious what experienced growmies think?

The trichome production and the bud sites are much healthier than the rest, and the bloom amendments should just be hitting now. Do you think I should defoliate these yellowed and dying leaves entirely or keep them on?

I'm not an expert on deficiencies at all but I've had plants that looked similar and for me it was a combination of overwatering and PH issues. The newer growth looks healthy and in my opinion you should be fine to finish up flowering nice and strong.
Thanks, I hope she can get through flower. I believe in her. Weeks 1-2 I didn't PH my water correctly, but after talking to people on this forum I've started to 6.5ph 1 gal at a time religiously. I switched to using watering bases for drinking and she drinks quite a bit at this stage. I could have potentially overwatered in the beginning.

In a soil grow no fix/cure happens over night, it can take a couple weeks. A magnesium deficiency is not uncommon in CoM soil. The fix is espom salt, but if u give to much epsom, then it leads to a potassium lockout. Just water for a few weeks and let it stable itself. IMO u went a little overboard fixing the mag def.

Hello growmies,

I posted a few weeks ago about my nutrient deficient seedling for a first time grow and wanted to update everyone to see if people had any insight. This is grown in coast of Maine stonington and has been fed com plant food and it’s first com bloom dry amendment last week.

This yellowing deficiency started on day 10 of seedling and has continued today. I’ve tried Epsom salt foil at spray, Epsom salt in water. Calmag and a few other attempts to fix. I’m not in flower and honestly, the flowe doesn’t look too bad. This is day 50.

Has anyone else experienced this before? This is fastbuds purple lemonade.
View attachment 1637899View attachment 1637900View attachment 1637901

She’s about 21-21 inches now and bud sites are growing out each day.
@Leefler :welcome: Welcome to AFN :welcome:. You are correct about having a nutrient problem. I looks like a case of too much N to start the problem and the following additions have the soil out of balance. Without sophisticated lab equipment to test the soil we really have no way to know what is going on in that pot. The most important thing here is to learn a different way to add nutrients to your grows. I preach Balance and have this article I wrote for new growers:

Since the new growth looks better, I think you should just water it for the next couple of weeks. Then give a small dose of Recharge.

I have seen worse looking plants produce ok buds and yields. Farmers never quit! :goodluck:

:toke:

Regarding the yellowed damaged leaves: After trying tucking, bending, etc., I'd remove any that are blocking light from reaching buds or healthy leaves.

Hey growmies, I’ve taken everyone’s advice and only watered the plant and will continue to not add any amendments for now.

Flower is plumping up but I noticed what others mention as burnt tips or signs of nute burn on the top cola.

I’ll hit it with recharge at some point soon, day 59 now.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpeg
    IMG_4650.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Back