Leaf necrosis start of flowering (Pics)

Salt build up from too much nitrogen in my opinion . It’s not easy to get this solved in soil, coco is king because you can feed to run off. I’d feed just larger amount of water to try break them down, but either way once you get these issues in flower, there is no way of completely fixing it. Good luck

Thanks, I'm definitely going to feed plain water next watering. Which I think is tomorrow. I should have been doing that a long time ago.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to feed plain water next watering. Which I think is tomorrow. I should have been doing that a long time ago.

that might make things worse. soil don't flush well. definetly a plain water normal feed won't help.
flushing (watering until X% excess) just muddies the soil (and it doesn't drain like coco) - she'll look worse after a few days as the roots have to get over the oxogen depravation.

if you just feed water only - she'll eat up stored N and CalMag (please read again the ratios you should be hitting for your stage)

if, by any chance she looks worse after plain water - bump up P and K next feed.

you'll be guesstimating, but these sturdy buggers like ratios more than actual weights.

that might make things worse. soil don't flush well. definetly a plain water normal feed won't help.
flushing (watering until X% excess) just muddies the soil (and it doesn't drain like coco) - she'll look worse after a few days as the roots have to get over the oxogen depravation.

if you just feed water only - she'll eat up stored N and CalMag (please read again the ratios you should be hitting for your stage)

if, by any chance she looks worse after plain water - bump up P and K next feed.

you'll be guesstimating, but these sturdy buggers like ratios more than actual weights.
She will look worse for sure. But at the same time, if you are gonna continue to feed as Normal, the plant won’t take up nutrients because of the salts. Then it builds even more salts up. If he uses a sprayer with Luke warm water, it will help dissolve the salts. Another alternative is to use a flushing agent feed which will break the salts down and then feed again

@mlorE The plant looks overfed with too much nitrogen but your feeding is helterskelter? You need to get an EC meter and use that because 1ml/l is meaningless in regard to strength. Your water is a problem if it is over 300 PPM even a hard water fertilizer may still have too much calcium.

Yes in soil or peat ( Bio-Bizz is peat based) you only fertilize once or twice a week. A good starting point is Feed, water, water water, repeat. You need to be PHing your water/fertigation to 6.3. It looks like you started fertilizing too soon before the soil wore out.

Do not flush. Bio-Bizz does not respond well to flushing. You need to just water, water, water then feed with 50% strength nutrients. I tried to see what is in your fertilizer but the information does not seem to be posted?

Read about balanced fertilizer and why you want to use it here.

:goodluck:

@mlorE The plant looks overfed with too much nitrogen but your feeding is helterskelter? You need to get an EC meter and use that because 1ml/l is meaningless in regard to strength. Your water is a problem if it is over 300 PPM even a hard water fertilizer may still have too much calcium.

Yes in soil or peat ( Bio-Bizz is peat based) you only fertilize once or twice a week. A good starting point is Feed, water, water water, repeat. You need to be PHing your water/fertigation to 6.3. It looks like you started fertilizing too soon before the soil wore out.

Do not flush. Bio-Bizz does not respond well to flushing. You need to just water, water, water then feed with 50% strength nutrients. I tried to see what is in your fertilizer but the information does not seem to be posted?

Read about balanced fertilizer and why you want to use it here.

:goodluck:

Thanks bro. Really appreciate that.
What il do then, is just ph water for the next few feedings, then do half strength nutes.
Hopefully it doesn't get to much worse.
I dont know what I can do about my 250,300 ppm without reverse osmosis or buying bottled water? I already installed a whole house filter to combat the problem, it went down from like 700 to 250

I think I may just go back to bio bizz nutes. Stopped using it because I've had problems for the last 2 plus years using it.
Thought I'd try non organic. But just seems the same. I must be overfeeding with bio bizz too. I thought I had a problem with them because of my hard water?

Here's all the info I could find on growers ark and some pics of the bottles I'm using. Plus the feeding schedule which has all the ml on there. Also ive never gone to full strength.

Growers Ark soil 1 part base nutrient is specifically formulated for growing in soil or an equivalent media (peat based or peat free compost, reused compost, fresh garden compost, manure based compost or a mix).
Our soil nutrient is a one part and contains calcium and magnesium in addition to N.P.K. It is manufactured from high grade salts and EDTA chelated trace elements for the maximum ease of uptake by the plants. The soil food also contains humate as even when growing in soil the addition of extra humate (particularly the highly active form we use) is beneficial to plants.
The hard water formulation contains high grade Nitric acid to neutralize the hardness and reduce the need for pH adjustment; you will need to use less pH down when using our food than with some other companies’ products.
If you have water which is either extremely hard or extremely soft(filtered/RO) we can tailor make a formula for your specific requirements. All you have to do is send us a sample of water for analysis.

Attachments

• 20211113_123420.jpg
    20211113_123420.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20211113_123432.jpg
    20211113_123432.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 20211113_123405.jpg
    20211113_123405.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20211113_123337.jpg
    20211113_123337.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20211113_123308.jpg
    20211113_123308.jpg
    805.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211113_123243.jpg
    20211113_123243.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
the problem I have with salt-based fertilizers (and why I want to keep working Biobizz until I master it) is on salt-based you should be on coco as well so you can flush. once you build up salts in the root area, like Mano said above, you need 3 waterings to break them apart and absorb them.

flushing is out of the question as you'll drown the plant by starving it of oxigen.

with biobizz, as long as you don't do 50x the amount reccomended on their schedules, it's impossible to over-saturate the soil and even so, you won't actually lockout the roots. Biobizz feeds the soil (microbial fauna) instead of plain delivering the salt to the root.

did you try sending Growers Ark a water sample?

@mlorE BAMM here is the problem - are you using a water softener that you put salt in?

"I dont know what I can do about my 250,300 ppm without reverse osmosis or buying bottled water? I already installed a whole house filter to combat the problem, it went down from like 700 to 250 "

You cannot use water that has gone through a softener to grow plants with. The Calcium and Magnesium IONs are replaced by sodium and the level will be poisonous to plants!

You can add a RO system behind the water softener and it will work very well. This is the unit I use:

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 11.27.jpg

@mlorE BAMM here is the problem - are you using a water softener that you put salt in?

"I dont know what I can do about my 250,300 ppm without reverse osmosis or buying bottled water? I already installed a whole house filter to combat the problem, it went down from like 700 to 250 "

You cannot use water that has gone through a softener to grow plants with. The Calcium and Magnesium IONs are replaced by sodium and the level will be poisonous to plants!

You can add a RO system behind the water softener and it will work very well. This is the unit I use:

View attachment 1387393

Nah man, it's not a water softer. I looked into it alot before getting the filters and found out that water softners are bad for my plants. I'm using a carbon block filter and ceramic filter.
I know the carbon block is all good, but now I'm thinking about the ceramic filter?

Thanks though.

the problem I have with salt-based fertilizers (and why I want to keep working Biobizz until I master it) is on salt-based you should be on coco as well so you can flush. once you build up salts in the root area, like Mano said above, you need 3 waterings to break them apart and absorb them.

flushing is out of the question as you'll drown the plant by starving it of oxigen.

with biobizz, as long as you don't do 50x the amount reccomended on their schedules, it's impossible to over-saturate the soil and even so, you won't actually lockout the roots. Biobizz feeds the soil (microbial fauna) instead of plain delivering the salt to the root.

did you try sending Growers Ark a water sample?

It's just I had so many problems with biobizz for years, thats why I eventually went for the salt based plunge to see if I got better results.
Flowers have always come out lovely but I've always suffered with some type of leaf chlorosis.

Also I havent sent them a sample, but I've been thinking about it

Back