Light Proof Closet?

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Does anyone know how to light proof a closet pretty efficiently? Tried using weatherseal but doesn't quite do the trick. Some parts of the light is being blocked, meanwhile its missing other parts. Really a hit or miss.

Which spots is it leaking from? Mostly under/around the door?

The aluminum backed foil duct tape seals pretty well and is reflective for the inside. HomeDepot carries rolls of it in the duct work section. I know more than a few people have commented that flat white paint reflects quite well. Aside from using that or a vinyl film to line the inside I don't know of much else.

I'm a big fan of the gorilla glue waterproofing tape. It's expensive, very sticky, rubberized & bendy, but it's black so not ideal for inside. You could try it on the hinge side as it might flex enough to cover the gap and not break or pull off to easily. Probably be an ongoing battle.

Which spots is it leaking from? Mostly under/around the door?

The aluminum backed foil duct tape seals pretty well and is reflective for the inside. HomeDepot carries rolls of it in the duct work section. I know more than a few people have commented that flat white paint reflects quite well. Aside from using that or a vinyl film to line the inside I don't know of much else.

I'm a big fan of the gorilla glue waterproofing tape. It's expensive, very sticky, rubberized & bendy, but it's black so not ideal for inside. You could try it on the hinge side as it might flex enough to cover the gap and not break or pull off to easily. Probably be an ongoing battle.

Yes between the gaps in the door. I tried a white reflective tape too but just doesnt want to work. Was thinking of the aluminum tape but assumed it would be the same problem

Yes between the gaps in the door. I tried a white reflective tape too but just doesnt want to work. Was thinking of the aluminum tape but assumed it would be the same problem
On my growdrobe I painted the edges of the door where the gap is black, and painted the door frame black wherever the door formed a gap with it. The idea was for light to have to go around at least one 90 degree corner painted black on both surfaces of the gap. It seems to work fine, but I have only done autos, so I don't know whether it would be lightproof enough for photos. In combination with weatherstrip you might be able to make it work.

Sticking with Autos would solve the problem.

On my growdrobe I painted the edges of the door where the gap is black, and painted the door frame black wherever the door formed a gap with it. The idea was for light to have to go around at least one 90 degree corner painted black on both surfaces of the gap. It seems to work fine, but I have only done autos, so I don't know whether it would be lightproof enough for photos. In combination with weatherstrip you might be able to make it work.

Sticking with Autos would solve the problem.
Too make sure I have no light leakage on my tent when running photos I used cheap, dark, dime store sheets. Just draped sides as no more leaks. Could try one with thumb tacks .

Too make sure I have no light leakage on my tent when running photos I used cheap, dark, dime store sheets. Just draped sides as no more leaks. Could try one with thumb tacks .
Good idea. Could do the same with a bit of Panda film hung over the door.

Good luck.
I tried the black tape to act like black paint. Seems its more of an issue because my cable runs through the bottom of the door. Gonna have to most likely just cut a square out of the closet, feed the plug through it so the door closes super tight. Until then, i will try one of those "zipper doors" for the inside of the door.

I tried the black tape to act like black paint. Seems its more of an issue because my cable runs through the bottom of the door. Gonna have to most likely just cut a square out of the closet, feed the plug through it so the door closes super tight. Until then, i will try one of those "zipper doors" for the inside of the door.
Feel your pain, 0415 every morning that ts600 comes on for the clones.

Back