Loose buds - week three of flower

MrAutoGrower

Learning as I grow
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
3Wok OG
Hi everyone

So I’ve noticed even my main cola is quite flimsy and easy to push around with the finger. The leaves around her are quite flimsy too.

I’m not so sure if there’s too much nitrogen in her pot. She is quite dark leaved but not too much indicators that she has a toxicity or anything.

I did transplant this girl later than I wanted and done excess training to prevent the branches closing inwards because this strain tends to do that.

Has anyone had experience with pretty much loose buds at week three of flower? I’m certain my previous grows they were denser even at this stage. I don’t see a whole lot happening over recent days with bud development and wondering if it’s a nutrient issue or so on.

I’ve been feeding advanced nutrients sensi bloom at 1L per litre. This brings my ppms to around 300ppm. I have been using a 1-1-1 ratio with my nutrients most of the time. 1ml bloom A and B per litre, 1ml b-52 per litre, 1ml big bud per litre. So my ppms range around 400ppm in a 12L res. 12ml of everything lately. Today I have dropped it to 12ml bloom (1ml per litre), 6ml b-52 (half dose), and 12ml big bud (1ml per litre). I’m in coco so my feeds are daily

She is getting around 800 PPFD. This strain is strawberry nuggets. Her sister (purple nuggets) has some small buds but they’re like rocks.

Here’s strawberry nuggets. 23 days into her flower cycle but not too much development really.

I have a feeling the high amounts of b-52 (1ml per litre) is leading me to too much nitrogen and it might be the problem. The thing with Advanced Nutrients setup is that it’s a two part feed and I can’t cut the nitrogen out. I love the results I get with Advanced Nutrients but I may switch nutrients next time. The leaves feel kinda like velvet. So I’m assuming there’s too much nitrogen going on. Wondering if using florakleen for a night will help resolve this but being almost four weeks into flower, I’m not sure it can come back.

What’s your thoughts lads?

EEBE34C4-6F77-4D98-A674-6AD464CD76DC.jpeg

The sisters together:
75D9D573-A47D-4329-B1E6-E6E882208435.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone

So I’ve noticed even my main cola is quite flimsy and easy to push around with the finger. The leaves around her are quite flimsy too.

I’m not so sure if there’s too much nitrogen in her pot. She is quite dark leaved but not too much indicators that she has a toxicity or anything.

I did transplant this girl later than I wanted and done excess training to prevent the branches closing inwards because this strain tends to do that.

Has anyone had experience with pretty much loose buds at week three of flower? I’m certain my previous grows they were denser even at this stage. I don’t see a whole lot happening over recent days with bud development and wondering if it’s a nutrient issue or so on.

I’ve been feeding advanced nutrients sensi bloom at 1L per litre. This brings my ppms to around 300ppm. I have been using a 1-1-1 ratio with my nutrients most of the time. 1ml bloom A and B per litre, 1ml b-52 per litre, 1ml big bud per litre. So my ppms range around 400ppm in a 12L res. 12ml of everything lately. Today I have dropped it to 12ml bloom (1ml per litre), 6ml b-52 (half dose), and 12ml big bud (1ml per litre). I’m in coco so my feeds are daily

She is getting around 800 PPFD. This strain is strawberry nuggets. Her sister (purple nuggets) has some small buds but they’re like rocks.

Here’s strawberry nuggets. 23 days into her flower cycle but not too much development really.

I have a feeling the high amounts of b-52 (1ml per litre) is leading me to too much nitrogen and it might be the problem. The thing with Advanced Nutrients setup is that it’s a two part feed and I can’t cut the nitrogen out. I love the results I get with Advanced Nutrients but I may switch nutrients next time. The leaves feel kinda like velvet. So I’m assuming there’s too much nitrogen going on. Wondering if using florakleen for a night will help resolve this but being almost four weeks into flower, I’m not sure it can come back.

What’s your thoughts lads?

View attachment 1443478

The sisters together:
View attachment 1443480
Based on your pics, and your description of the situation, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your girls look very healthy and they're stacking exactly how you'd expect for how far they are.

Back