Low temperature plasma and germination. Poor mans sciency type stuff,

I'm continuing this in my breeding thread as the plasma experiment is finished for what I'm concerned 🖖

yup, I agree its over, however I am interested in any notable variations in the growth patterns... I assume they were all the same strain from a single pollination... although, I was always taught never to assume too much. :baked:

yup, I agree its over, however I am interested in any notable variations in the growth patterns... I assume they were all the same strain from a single pollination... although, I was always taught never to assume too much. :baked:
They were indeed. The seeds came from a cross between Sooty Bride (Mephisto's Wedding x Coal Miner's Daughter) and Mephisto's Wedding making it an actual backcross, but regular instead of feminized 👌

sounds like fun...

But I have to ask, why would you create regular seeds rather than feminised?

is that kinda the opposite of what mosr growers are looking for?
That's a long story actually...
I got interested in breeding a while ago and like many others have messed around with CS and STS as this is the only way you can create offspring from a Feminized seed. STS is the chemical I started using and I got decent results from that. But reading many (older) books, articles and such on the subject made me go want to go back to regular seeds. The thought behind that is, that a male not only possibly transfers it's male gene (50/50), but many more you might not find in a female, giving a more complete picture of said cultivar.

I'm actually more interested in the Auto gene then the Male gene, because I cannot grow a Photo in my greenhouse due to light pollution. But now that I have the Male gene in my seedbank I'm not going to stay away from it. It'll become a staple in my grows. Just run double the amount of seeds you plan to grow out and statistically you should be ok. 🤞

Thanks for the educational reply.

I think I understand the "male gene" transfer concept, takes a lot of dedication to breed plants well. kudo's to you. :bow:

Last edited:
Back