LST Day 1 - Day 7. How does she look?

Reaction score
First time poster, looooooooong time lurker!

So this is my first grow, I'm just growing a single plant as I'm a pretty light smoker and don't need much compared to most of you around here lol :smoking:.

The strain is Fast Buds: Cream Cookies, and I've decided to take the plunge and use some LST on her. I was debating whether to just let her go and do her thing, but decided against it due to height restrictions in my grow space. She is 18 days since sprout now (in the Day 7 pic). For my next grow, I'd raise the lights a bit, as the nodes are so tightly packed she's been a pain in the ass to control (that top node just wants to dominate everything around it!). My question is how can I better control that top node, and do I even need to? There is lower growth coming up which is almost level now, is that good enough? I'm not expecting to pull 2 or 3oz off this plant, but an oz would be nice. Hoping I've done ok with the training so far? Any tips or comments would be great :)

Attachments

• New Project.jpg
    New Project.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Looking lean and green my friend. Learn as you go and have fun!!

Cheers,
EP3

They are looking a bit twisty and curly. Hows your temp and humidity?

They are looking a bit twisty and curly. Hows your temp and humidity?
Humidity is at 70-75 consistently
Temps are at a consistent 22 - 25c

I think she might have been hungry in some of the pics. I fed on day 6, 1 litre of water with 1/4 strength nutes.

Huh, maybe a bit too much water?

Huh, maybe a bit too much water?

Could be for sure, but she's going through that amount in about 3 days at her current size, and I let her really dry out before she gets any more.

Use a little equal and opposite tension and pull the apical down to 70-80 degrees and keep separating and tying down nodes around the pot throughout the grow. I remove everything under four, but that's just grower preference.

Attachments

• 3 days later.jpg
    3 days later.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 71
  • Open up.JPG
    Open up.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 70
Use a little equal and opposite tension and pull the apical down to 70-80 degrees and keep separating and tying down nodes around the pot throughout the grow. I remove everything under four, but that's just grower preference.

Cheers for the info! When you say remove everything under 4, do you mean defoliating? If so, I was considering this, especially for some of the damaged leaves (spilled nute water on one or two about a week ago), but also wouldn't mind exposing more nodes without tucking as much as I am doing. How early on should you be doing this? I see quite a lot of conflicting views on defoliation.

Remove under four, as in amputate. I will defoliate (remove fan leaves) throughout grow, if I cannot bend, tuck or fold away from bud sites.
I like plenty of bud sites and train throughout grow to end up with the anatomy of plant on the right.
Disclaimer: I grow auto flower exclusively.

Attachments

• naked.jpg
    naked.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • LST.jpg
    LST.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 75
Back