Magnesium RUB

Great info Oldster, but do you personally rub the spray or just spray on troubled area

As for the nebulizer do you have a link from where you got yours? and do you have the link for the 7% magnesium solution?

Should someone speak to the doctor ahead of time before inhaling magnesium. My aunt is in constant pain and takes a lot of pills for pain management and diabetes, so I'm not sure how she will be if she inhaled some magnesium

Hi RC, I would still rub in the spray a bit to help it penetrate better. Mrs. Oldster got hers at the doctors for her asthma but there are many listed on EBay. The ultrasonic ones are a lot quieter than the compressor types. Look for one that has a volume rated at about .5 ml per minute.

I make my own solution, 8 ounces of distilled water and 8.4 grams of magnesium chloride flakes. I boil it for couple of minutes and store in a glass bottle. Root66 posted the original article on inhaling magnesium chloride, I will try and find it and post for you.

Yes, it would be best to check with her doctor to make sure there is no interaction with the meds she is taking.

Check out this thread created by mossy https://www.autoflower.org/f64/magnesium-facts-26617.html. Lots of great info on how to use and the benefits of magnesium.

Here is an external link where mossy got some of the info http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-chloride-benefits/

Good Luck

Yes, the ancient minerals brand is a good one. After you boil it and allow to cool there will probably be some undissolved stuff at the bottom. I just throw it away so it does not clog the nebulizer.

Let us know how it goes

Another good external link on Magnesium. This is not the one Root posted but has some of the same info on nebulizing as well as a lot of other great info on magnesium use and benefits.

http://healyourselfathome.com/HOW/N...M_SUPPLEMENTATION/nebulizing_mg_chloride.aspx

Magnesium Chloride Oil used in a vaporizer

♦ Another method for bringing MgCl2 into the lungs - is to add Magnesium Chloride oil to water in a room vaporizer placed in a sick person’s bedroom at night.

I have put Mag oil in a room (steam) vaporizer and in a small (element warmed) vaporizer. Both giving good results for clearing out the lungs and enabling full breaths.

Thanks Oldster and root

I thought bath flakes wouldn't be indigestible

It can be taken orally, but acts like a powerful laxative...Used transdermally lessens the laxative affect.
http://drsircus.com/medicine/magnesium/magnesium-chloride-benefits
Magnesium Chloride Flakes
In addition to its functions as an electrolyte, chloride combines with hydrogen in the stomach to make hydrochloric acid, a powerful digestive enzyme that is responsible for the breakdown of proteins, absorption of other metallic minerals, and activation of intrinsic factor, which in turn absorbs vitamin B12.Using other magnesium salts is less advantageous because these have to be converted into chlorides in the body anyway. We may use magnesium as oxide or carbonate but then we need to produce additional hydrochloric acid to absorb them. Many aging individuals, especially with chronic diseases who desperately need more magnesium, cannot produce sufficient hydrochloric acid and thus cannot absorb the oxide or carbonate.Chloride is a highly important and vital mineral required for both human and animal life. Without chloride, the human body would be unable to maintain fluids in blood vessels, conduct nerve transmissions, move muscles, or maintain proper kidney function. As a major electrolyte mineral of the body, chloride performs many roles, and is rapidly excreted from the body.Magnesium chloride solution was not only harmless for tissues, but it had also a great effect over leucocytic activity and phagocytosis; so it was perfect for treatment of external wounds.– Dr. Jean Durlach

Thanks Root
Just to make sure, the bath flakes are safe to digest?

Hi RC, they call them bath flakes I think just to distinguish them from their liquid products. I did go to the Ancient Minerals site and verify that they are just magnesium chloride. I know Mossy was using Ancient Minerals and I believe several other people here do as well

Back