Magnesium RUB

Sorry a little confused
Do I add the Vitamin E, once it has cooled down a bit and how much of it do I use?

Also regarding the coconut oil and the shaybutter cream

The measurements that are listed in the recipe, are they measured when they shaybutter and coconut oil are in solid form, or liquid form?

Last edited:
Hi Realcarlos,

I measure my Shea and Coconut butter when it has melted as it is much easier for me. As to the Vit E, I would add it once the oil has cooled. It does not take much heat in any case as both Shea and Coconut melt at low temperature.

You can also measure it solid by first filling your measure part way with cold water and then drop in solid butters until the level changes by the amount you want.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Thanks oldster, do you know how much Vitamin E is required?

Hi RC, I have not used this specific recipe. I just PM'd Briman and ask him to let us know. Hang in there

Last edited:
Sorry for the wait. With the increments I have given, I add 7-8 drops of liquid vitamin E once it has cooled. Mix it thoroughly with a small whisk or fork. I pour mine into small ball mason jars, or you can buy the white plastic makeup jars off amazon. I also keep them in the fridge and pull one a day before I need it. It melts like butter to the touch and doesn't give the skin that oily feeling like most over the counter lotions. Myself and the wife love this stuff!! :peace:

Thanks for the info Briman. Could I ask you to edit your original post to add in the Vit E measurement?

Appreciate it oldster and briman.

With the spray itself. Do you spray on the troubled area, rub it and keep it there for a couple of minutes and then wash it off?

I rub it in and leave it on. The spray will leave a bit of white residue so you could wipe it off if it bothers you but the longer you can leave it on the better. The spray can be a little drying to your skin, I have switched to just using a rub for that reason but the spray is easy to make and great to get started with.

Thanks, and how quick would someone feel the effect?

Do you usually rub it on troubled areas, or your whole body?

If I am really feeling sore all over I will soak in a hot bath (not over 101 Degrees F) with about 2 lbs of magnesium chloride for about an hour.I ill feel much better when I get out of the tub. For the rub or spray, put on effected area and you should feel improvement in about 20-30 minutes.

Most people are deficient in magnesium so depending on your specific situation things may be a bit different.

I started using Mrs. Oldster's nebulizer to inhale a 7% solution of magnesium which gives amazing results when my back is really acting up. You can find ultrasonic nebulizers on EBay for under $50. It is by far the fastest way to increase mag levels significantly without digestive issues. Pain just melts away during the 15 minute treatment and the effect lasts for hours.

Back