Mainlining/manifolding

Yeah, green75 is kind of a jerk and got booted from AFN, but his growing skills are absolutely legit. He is the Auto test grower for Seedsman.

There are several of us on AFN that top and aggressively train every plant with great results. I don't mainline my plants because I'm lazy - but I top and tie them all pretty hard.

A lot of the 'conventional wisdom' about autos has proven to be just untested speculation by Grasscity/Rollitup stoners that bash on autoflowers.

Yeah, green75 is kind of a jerk and got booted from AFN, but his growing skills are absolutely legit. He is the Auto test grower for Seedsman.

There are several of us on AFN that top and aggressively train every plant with great results. I don't mainline my plants because I'm lazy - but I top and tie them all pretty hard.

A lot of the 'conventional wisdom' about autos has proven to be just untested speculation by Grasscity/Rollitup stoners that bash on autoflowers.
I have heard that about him lol. I'm glad I decided decided to try leaving on that extra node. I feel like it made a really big difference in yield.

Come to find out there's a whole thread of people doing what I'm doing. They call it quadlining. I knew I couldn't have been the only one to try it, but I personally hadn't seen it before I decided to give it a go lol.

I followed green75's technique with good results.

Then I started I quadlining (leaving 2 nodes on instead of just one). It was very beneficial for me. My yields increased. First plant trained this way got 9.8 oz,and the last auto I grew got me a whopping 1.5 lbs. It definitely took longer than any plant I've grown before (131 days), but it was totally worth it.

As a disclaimer, that seed must have just been an awesome seed. I definitely don't plan on getting a pound per plant consistently, but it would be nice!

View attachment 1000086 View attachment 1000087 View attachment 1000088 View attachment 1000089 View attachment 1000093
How wide and tall did the big one get?
I'm thinking about quadlining one of the strains I'm going to be testing soon, If it puts out more, and doesn't take up more than a 2'x2' space...

How wide and tall did the big one get?
I'm thinking about quadlining one of the strains I'm going to be testing soon, If it puts out more, and doesn't take up more than a 2'x2' space...

Hard to tell the height because of bendy branches, but I would say probably 2 1/2 ft tall, maybe 3. My tent is a 3*3, and it pretty much took over the whole thing.

I would highly recommend the quadlined. It hasn't disappointed me yet!

Hard to tell the height because of bendy branches, but I would say probably 2 1/2 ft tall, maybe 3. My tent is a 3*3, and it pretty much took over the whole thing.

I would highly recommend the quadlined. It hasn't disappointed me yet!
I did something sort of similar with the northern lights in my avatar... That one got 25x25. I blame genetics on that one lol.
I was asking about width, because I'm going over options to increase the yield of the high cbd strain I'm testing in a few weeks.

I did something sort of similar with the northern lights in my avatar... That one got 25x25. I blame genetics on that one lol.
I was asking about width, because I'm going over options to increase the yield of the high cbd strain I'm testing in a few weeks.

I tried to throw another plant in towards the end of her grow cycle. I had to move branches out of the way to do it lol.

I wish I had a bigger tent for plants like that because it was leaning against all the walls

I tried to throw another plant in towards the end of her grow cycle. I had to move branches out of the way to do it lol.

I wish I had a bigger tent for plants like that because it was leaning against all the walls
I'm looking into the cost of getting a 10'x10' . I can fill my 4x4 if I train a good plant. I'd love to see how big I could get one with monster genetics like ALF#5 inside a 10x10, ya know?

I'm looking into the cost of getting a 10'x10' . I can fill my 4x4 if I train a good plant. I'd love to see how big I could get one with monster genetics like ALF#5 inside a 10x10, ya know?

That would be awesome to grow a giant plant like that!

I would love to have that much room in a tent.

A 5*5 would be the biggest I can go, but I would have to change rooms, and it would be in our storage room. My wife probably wouldn't like that idea lol.

That would be awesome to grow a giant plant like that!

I would love to have that much room in a tent.

A 5*5 would be the biggest I can go, but I would have to change rooms, and it would be in our storage room. My wife probably wouldn't like that idea lol.
That's my situation, too.
I've got a huge attic (near 1k square foot) that I could put a 10x10 in, But there are so many issues with doing that. Temp. Control, running electric, and hauling water up three stories are a few of them. Having a big old (built mid-late 1800s) house is great, Until it comes to stuff like that.

...not to mention my wife would kill me for buying even more grow related stuff lol

Back