Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Greetings folks. I'll use this journal to track progress on 4 plants competing in three May 2019 Grow Battles (Mephisto, Dinafem, & Zamnesia).

My kit for this grow is:
Two Gorilla Grow tents: 4x4x8
Analog humidifiers with Inkbird Controllers
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings

The Mephistos (1 Double Grape & 1 Blue Toof) are in AutoPots in a tent under Cobshop COBs
They will be on a highly enhanced Advanced Nutrients feed program

The Dinafem Critical+2.0 and Zamnesia Caramel are in 3-gallon RainScience Grow Bags.
They will in a tent under the Amare SE450UVB
And their nutrients program will be substantially Greenleaf Nutrients

0.0 Dina drop.JPG
0.0 Meph drop.JPG
0.0 Zam drop.JPG
3.Double Grape (0).JPG

Last edited:
First day above ground. Germination technique was: 12-24 hours in a shot glass of RO water, then damp paper towel in dark sealed baggie on top of router. Check every 24 hours. Tap root general shows up in 1 to 2 days. Then into a Jiffy Plug that's been moistened (expanded) with RO water with a few drops of Roots Excellator. If the seed has cracked but no tap root showing yet after 2 days, then I put it into a Jiffy Plug anyway. The Jiffy plugs set in a plastic tray resting on a heat mat and under a single T5 bulb. There is a plastic lid for the tray that acts like a humidity dome. As soon as the sprout appears I plant the Jiffy pellet into the final pot, after first mixing a couple of tablespoons of Mykos around in hole in the pots soil.

upload_2019-5-8_7-36-12.png
0.2 Jiffy grp a.JPG
1.Crit b.JPG
1.Zam a.JPG
2.BT1 (1).JPG
7.Grape (1).jpg

Five days later and we're still keeping fingers crossed that we survive without damping-off or drought or light frying. At this point the pots are sitting about 30" below the Amare SE450UVB light with only its LEDs activated. Daily misting alternating days with plain RO water, SM-90, or Opti-Foliar.

6.BT (5).JPG
6.Zam.JPG
11.Grape (5).JPG
6.Crit b.JPG

Its now day 11 and we're starting to feel a little more comfortable that we may be safely off and running. The two Mephistos, in their AutoPots, have received some very light watering with Advanced Nutrients (Sensi Grow A & B, B52, Rhino Skin, and Voodoo Juice).

11.BT (10).JPG
16.Grape (10).jpg

The Dinafem and Zamnesia, in the RainScience Grow Bags, have received a light watering of GreenLeaf's MegaCrop and Algae/Kelp Extract.

11.Crit.JPG
11.Zam.JPG

Day 16 for Zamnesia Caramel and Dinafem Critical+2.0. Daily misting alternating among BioTabs Boom-Boom, SM-90, plain RO water, or Opti-Foliar.

16.Zam.JPG
16.Crit.JPG

Same daily misting program for the Mephistos; Blue Toof at 15 days and Double Grape at 10 days.

16.BT (15).jpg
16.Grape (10).jpg

Day 18. Topped Zamnesia Caramel today.

18.Zam.JPG

Here's her before and after close-ups:

18.Zam before.JPG
18.Zam after.JPG

Day 19. Topped the Dinafem Critical+2.0 today. Here's her before and after photos:

19.Crit before.JPG
19.Crit after.JPG

Day 20 for Mephisto Blue Toof, so off with her head. Here's her before and after topping shots:

21.BT (20) before.JPG
21.BT (20) after.JPG

Day 17 for the Double Grape at just 5" tall. And her Mephisto companion, Blue Toof at day 22 and 5.5" tall. Both doing well.

23.DG (17).JPG
23.BT (22).JPG

And its day 23 for the Zamensia Caramel at 8.5" and the Dinafem Critical+2.0 at 9.5"

23.Zam a.JPG
23.Crit a.JPG

Day 24. I didn't like the way the initial topping of Zamnesia Caramel took. So today I went back and hit her a second time.

24.Zam retop c.JPG
24.Zam retop a.JPG
24.Zam retop e.JPG

Back