Indoor AK-420 - Zamnesia GOTY Battle 4.20.20 by Only1Sky

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Hello growers & spectators. This thread will document my participation in the Zamnesia Grower of the Year 2. Leg beginning 4.20! We started with a last remaining Caramel seed, but had no success, so I switched over to AK-420, where I had a few more seeds to work with.

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: Amare SE450UVB
6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans
Analog humidifier with Inkbird Controller
Two 3-Gallon RainScience Grow Bags
Medium: Coco/Hydroton @ 60/40 mix
Nutrients: Greenleaf Nutrients

After a few days we made it with two sprouts in a temporary 3" peat pot.

4.AK Drop.JPG
7.AKs 0 b.JPG
9.AKs (1).JPG

These babies seemed almost paralyzed. After 5 days we still had no growth. So I germinated two more seeds. Both sprouted, but unfortunately, I killed the one in the lower jiffy cube when trying to remove its helmet (seed cap).

13.AKs.JPG

Day 12 for the original two AK-420s and still no real action. The one on the left shows some minor signs of life, but the one on the right looks like it could fall over dead any moment.

20.AK1&2 (12) b.JPG

Meanwhile, at 8 days old, my 2nd round is not doing much better. One is alive but still in pre-natal ward while the other one is struggling to survive with just half its cotyledon set.
20.AK3&4 (8).JPG

Last edited:
Day 24. This is ridiculous. I've never had such comatose plants before. After three weeks this is all I have to show of the original seed drop:

32.AK1 (24).JPG
32.AJ2 (24).JPG

The second plant of these two is so pathetic that I'm pulling from the tent and throwing it outside to fend for itself.

Meanwhile of the two seeds dropped in a 2nd round. One finally died its brutal partial decapitation at birth. The other is actually doing reasonably well at day 20., despite the funky leaves. Here's a view:

32.AK4 (20).JPG

Ok, we are now nearing the 30-day mark and its time to pick my "competition" plant. I don't have much to go on for this choice. But frankly, I'm placing my bets on the younger of the surviving two, especially since her leaves seem to have taken on a more normal shape. She's in a pot with a green band, so I gave her a green plastic "name tag." This is her at 24 days old:

37.AK4 (24).JPG

Her older sister, at 29 days, will continue to carry a yellow tag since her pot has a yellow band. Here she is:

37.AK1 (29).JPG

Just over 4 weeks now, and we're hanging in there. I just refuse to quit. Here's the Green at 29 days and the Yellow at 33 days:

41.AKs (33).JPG

And now a dedicated view of each:

41.AK-G (29).JPG
41.AK-Y (33).JPG

Here we are again, 10 days later, and I'm feeling rewarded for my compassion and tenacity. These gals are actually starting to look like real cannabis plants. Here's the Green (competition plant) at 39 days and the Yellow at 43 days:

51.AKs (43) c.JPG

And now the single plant photo of each:

51.AK-G (39) a.JPG
51.AK-Y (43).JPG

Hey, remember that I pulled an earlier plant and put it outside to basically die. Well here it is at 43 days:

51.AK2 (43).JPG

Maybe I should bring it back in and show it some respect. Its obviously got a will to live and perform. I'll call her the Black plants since she's in a black plastic pot.

At 47 days, AK-420 Green is looking quite healthy. Here's a couple of views:

59.AK-G (47) a.JPG
59.AK-G (47) c.JPG

And the older sister, at 51 days, AK-420 Yellow is also coming along just fine.

59.AK-Y (51) b.JPG
59.AK-Y (51) d.JPG

Day 58 for AK-420 Green;

70.AK-G (58) b.JPG
70.AK-G (58) d.JPG

Day 62 for AK-420 Yellow;

70.AK-Y (62) a.JPG
70.AK-Y (62) d.JPG

Flipped both to 12/12 light cycle 10 days ago, and they are now started to set some flowers. Here is day 71 for AK-420 Green;

83.AK-G (71) b.JPG
83.AK-G (71) d.JPG

Day 75 for AK-420 Yellow;

83.AK-Y (75) b.JPG
83.AK-Y (75) d.JPG

Back