Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Greetings folks. I'll use this journal to track progress on my unsponsored plants competing in the Mephisto and Zamnesia 2019 Grow Battle Finals (Aug 18 to Dec 1).

My kit for this grow is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Analog humidifiers with Inkbird Controllers
Medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Containers: 3-gallon RainScience Grow Bags
Nutrient program will be substantially Greenleaf Nutrients
Lights are TBD; either Amare SE450UVB or CobShop AutoCobs or maybe some of each

The Mephistos are: 1 Fantasmo Express & 1 Man Bear Alien Pig (Illuminauto # 26)
0.Drop Mephisto a.JPG

The Zamnesias are: 1 Caramel & 1 AK-420.

0.Drop Zamnesia b.JPG

After 33 hours in the shot glass, all seeds had cracked, and some had tails. Then into the jiffy plugs and under a cover.
2.Tray b.JPG

Unfortunately, of the ten seeds in these little starter "pots" - only 1 sprouted (a Dinafem). Upon reflection, my fault, I didn't squeeze out the water from these pots, so I'm pretty sure the failure was from excess moisture/humidity.

So.... did a re-drop of the Mephistos (Fantasmo & MBAP) and the two Zamnesias (Caramel & AK-420).

4.MBAP (0) re-drop.JPG
8.Fantasmo (0).JPG

4.Zams (0) re-drop.JPG

Went back to my more usual germination method - just 12 hours or so in the shot glass, then into moist paper towel in dark warm space for a couple of days. Got tap roots, then right into final Rainscience grow bags. Success this time !

10.Zam AK420 (1).JPG
10.Zam Caramel (1).JPG

10.MBAP (2).JPG
13.Fantas (1).JPG

Slowly getting their feet established. Daily misting rotating among plain RO water, SM-90, and Opti-Foliar. Here's the Zamnesias, both 9 days old.

18.Zams.JPG

And here's the Mephistos. Fantasmo is just 6 days old, whereas MBAP is 10 days old.

18.Mephistos.JPG

Last edited:
Zamnesias now at day 15. Caramel is shaking off the "gawkiness" of her early leaves and starting to look a bit more normal. But AK-420 is out-pacing her with some nice, vigorous growth. Both getting fed now with a lite MegaCrop mix with cal-mag, plus daily misting once or twice.

24.Z.Caramel (15).JPG
24.Z.AK420 (15).JPG

Mephisto Fantasmo Express is 12 days, and ManBearAlienPig is 16 days. They're on the same feed & misting program as the Zamnesias.

24.M.FX (12).JPG
24.M.MBAP (16).JPG

i didn't know about this thread sky so give me a tag now and then so i find my way back here

Dang shitty germs :cuss:
:greenthumb::vibes::goodluck::karmacloud: For a change of fortune :pass:
Good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Mephisto update. :toke: Day 19 for Fantasmo Express and day 22 for ManBearAlienPig. Both just quietly doing their thing, until I came along today and topped them both. :tang:

31.M.FX (19) a.JPG
31.M.FX (19) b.JPG
31.M.MBAP (23) a.JPG
31.M.MBAP (23) b.JPG

Zamnesia update. :toke: Its day 22 for the AK-420 and Caramel. Today I topped the AK-420. Both ladies doing well.

31.Z.AK420 (22).JPG
31.Z.Caramel (22).JPG

Mephisto update. Day 30 for ManBearAlienPig and day 26 for Fantasmo Express. Its been over a week since their topping, both doing well. MBAP has been in early flower development now for 4 days, Fantasmo for about 6 days. :biggrin:

38.M.MBAP(30) FX(26).JPG

Last edited:
Back