New Grower Me again.... Scary spots on top leaves!

Dr. Babnik

Virtus ex Alto
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Six Shooter, Black Stone, Stone Dragon, Moroccan and home made hash
Hi, Masters

Please have a look at the pics.
What does this pattern of spots indicate.

The spots have developed during the last 12 hrs after I fed her.
In 1 L water I mixed:
4 ml Sensi Grow A
4 ml Sensi Grow B
1/2 tea spoon molasses
1 dr. Hesi SuperVit
5 ml Hesi Powerzyme
pH 6.3

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Physical conditions this morning: T = 36 degrees centigrades, RH=38%.

Have you changed anything recently? I had the same spots show on my Skunkie, also on top leaves, but definitely nowhere near as much as your pictures show. I thought it might have to do with the stronger lights I added maybe a week earlier, but because it didn't get any worse, I kind of just kept an eye on her.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's either nutritient deficiency, or a burn/heat sign.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

PS: Because the leaves are a bit curled, I'd say it's temperature related...

Here's a picture of what mine looks like, it's just a small spot, but the same color and look as yours.

6e1b85362eac0d301a3305e2537ac8b5.jpg

Last edited:
Have you changed anything recently? I had the same spots show on my Skunkie, also on top leaves, but definitely nowhere near as much as your pictures show. I thought it might have to do with the stronger lights I added maybe a week earlier, but because it didn't get any worse, I kind of just kept an eye on her.

If I were to guess, I'd say it's either nutritient deficiency, or a burn/heat sign.

I have changed nute line from Hesi TNT to Sensi Grow. The other supplements are the usual.

The pattern looks like pics I've seen of plants deficient in trace minerals, which cannot b the case.

Heat is probably a problem. With my led I get temp close to 40 degrees centigrades.

Here is a pic of boron def. Can you see what I mean, @witchyhour ?

image.jpeg

I reckon it's heat related. All her leaf tips are showing a bit of nute burn,so you are maxing her out. The heat will mean she is transpiring a lot, she will want to drink more but takes the nutes as well. This results in both over feeding and deficiencies at the same time.

This is a very personal theory based on a bit of research and a lot of guessing.

If you can't drop the temps maybe back off the nutes a bit. But the 'tacco' shape of the leafs is definitely an indication of excess heat.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Check the pattern on the leaf against the pattern on the leds.

Heat is probably a problem. With my led I get temp close to 40 degrees centigrades.

Here is a pic of boron def. Can you see what I mean, @witchyhour ?

View attachment 571458
It kind of looks like that, partially. The plant on that picture also looks a bit yellowish, which neither mine, nor yours do...

How close is your light?

Back