Mephisto Genetics Mephisto bx line and bed/planter build!

No we didn't but that's a good idea for next time.
the clay pellet layer is about 3 inches thick.

There's pro's and con's to bed growing, but for us it's a huge time saver.
feeding is so much easier, and less frequent, it's just one lot of potting up rather than multiple.

We are also going to make a dripper system for each one, should we be away it'd be very easy to automate.

Cheers!
I grow mmj for my S.O in a very small space. a single planter seems like a good way to get more soil in a limited space. you line yours with a tarp. do you have any kind of drainage holes in the bottom?I wait until the top 2 inches of soil are dry them water until it flows ot the bottem of the pots into a pan they sit on.good drainage is important for proper soil aeration. yours looks like a closed system with no way to monitor water level in the bottom layer. if you are reusing soil then someway of flushing salts out of the soil between grows may be helpful salts build up form fertilizers over time. if you prevent soil from getting into your rock bed than it seems a simple pump,timer,reservoir system could be use to recirculate water and nutrients from the rock bed to a drip irrigation system automatically while you were away and could not tend to your plants.just my 2 cents worth.happy new years and may this year be very prosperous for you

Last edited:
I grow mmj for my S.O in a very small space. a single planter seems like a good way to get more soil in a limited space. you line yours with a tarp. do you have any kind of drainage holes in the bottom?I wait until the top 2 inches of soil are dry them water until it flows ot the bottem of the pots into a pan they sit on.good drainage is important for proper soil aeration. yours looks like a closed system with no way to monitor water level in the bottom layer. if you are reusing soil then someway of flushing salts out of the soil between grows may be helpful salts build up form fertilizers over time

Mitch states in first post holes are drilled in the plastic layer and base for drainage. Also due to the hydroton drainage is barley anything due to those soaking up water

We've had multiple harvests from the beds now, beginning from around last May and results have been positive, it's been a one bed at a time transition from growing in pots so it hasn't been a case of switching to them and crossing our fingers.

and I'm not saying to anyone to do it, just showing you guys what we are doing, our findings and reasons

The key for me is observing the plants, they'll soon tell you if something isn't right

cheers mitch

I wonder how it would work to have some LED running longer hours like 20/4 and then supplement with HID during the cooler hours (maybe 12/12), like in combination with each other. Might be something worth trying...

Mate i saw Breeding Rooms from Greenhouse/Strainhunter Seeds Operating like that. 1 of the Long Lush Bars between 2 Hps was their Setup.

Mitch i remember when we had a lil Chat bout the Beds and i must say Yours look propper, a lil bit Crowed if someone grows for Buds but for Breeding they look Perfekt. I like the Ideea of the Hydro Corel bedding saw that in Article from Soma once but he did some Rabbit Fence for Drainage under it + in every Corner a Pvc Tube to make the Roots Breathe.

Tube is another good idea :)

i wouldn't use beds to breed in, as for me, I need the flexibility to check the plants from every angle and close up.

plus to move them in and out of spaces for pollination.

for bud, we've had anything from 6-32 plants in them so far and so far all I can say is that the plants love them.

subbed

thanks for the info dude cant wait to see how it goes

:bong:

Awesome, I am in love with your guys work!!

Count me in on this one. Really wish I had that room! Looking great. :Sharing One:

Just an update:

earlier, the livers cut was pollinated with sour crack, auto blues, and chem City Blues !

The autos in the bed are looking not bad, I'll get some photos of those soon!

cheers :)

Back