Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Germ-tech, a quick guide!

I am a newbie to growing.....yup, begun doing it in the early 80's. Over the decades I have looked to simplify things, and try and do what nature does. Currently I have a 100% germination rate with memphisto seeds, some them old and having been stored in my dresser drawer. I use a mixture of Coco Loco and Ocean Forrest and also Fox Farm. I simply plant the seed 1/2 inch down into this mixture of soil and they have always sprung to life, some fast, some slow, but they have always sprung to life. I am sure the day is coming when one doesn't pop up, when I plant a seed that doesn't have life, it happens, but so far I have been very fortunate, I just put them in soil and water, just like what would happen in nature, and life happens....

Double Grape seedling:
View attachment 980151

Just gave this a shot with Grapey Walter. We’ll see how it goes

The seeds being germed are:
Gg4 X grape crinkle
Chem4d X chemdogging
Yeti og X 3 Bears og

As they say.. All good things. :D

Yep it's just about finding that goldilocks place to put them, the more consistent the better.
We definitely will be waiting, but I can't promise anybody will be patient

One that's kind to your ring I guess :D should be kind to the beans too. One thing not to skimp on in life is quality TP
Thing could get shitty fast ✌

This is exactly how I germinate

But I SHOULD NOTE:

If you live In a cold climate.. snow n stuff..

The top of your tent is only viable to warm up seeds if the ambient room temp where the tent is is warm you know..

The top of my tent gets down below 70F sometimes. It fluctuates with the weather outside

Sucks

So I do this EXACT method.. except I place it between 2 washcloths (to secure heat) ontop of my router (internet)

This has worked for me..

Last time I wrapped a DVD case full of Mephisto seeds in a T shirt and dvd case In the top of my tent.. all 4 seeds froze to death [emoji24]

Lesson learned, just thought I’d share

If your tent isn’t in 24/0 schedule I’d be careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I lost a Pink Panama seed it wound up in the pot of coco and after a couple weeks it popped up on its own. That’s my germ tech lol I also dropped a cup of coco once with an orange diesel seed in it, I couldn’t find it so I replaced the lost coco (1/2 cup) put a new seed and two popped so that seed never fell out of the cup but wound up getting buried half way down a 16oz cup and still made it up. Lol. Meph seeds will find a way

Man I wish I could say this guide helped me. I tried popping 7 beans using this method, 3 of the 7 popped. But 2 of those stopped growing just after the tap root exited the seed. All in all I ended up with 1 plant out of my 7 seeds. I've done dozens of germinations before with only 1 fail prior to this.

I threw some bag seeds through the same method and had 100% germination rates.

Tried to reach out to the dudes at Mephisto to see if perhaps my seed bank (only way to get them in South Africa) is selling old stock but no response.

Sucks because I've been giddy as a kid on Christmas on the idea of being able to finally run Mephisto.

Man I wish I could say this guide helped me. I tried popping 7 beans using this method, 3 of the 7 popped. But 2 of those stopped growing just after the tap root exited the seed. All in all I ended up with 1 plant out of my 7 seeds. I've done dozens of germinations before with only 1 fail prior to this.

Tried to reach out to the dudes at Mephisto to see if perhaps my seed bank (only way to get them in South Africa) is selling old stock but no response.

Sucks because I've been giddy as a kid on Christmas on the idea of being able to finally run Mephisto.
Just curious, if you had a 100% germination rate, why would you change? What is your method for germinating seeds, at 100% success rate I want to try that. Cheers.

Just curious, if you had a 100% germination rate, why would you change? What is your method for germinating seeds, at 100% success rate I want to try that. Cheers.

Nah man, I had 100% on the bag seeds I tried using the recommended method on. Basically I read this OP and then had so many failed seeds that I thought maybe the water was the issue, so I threw in some bag seeds in the same conditions and method. The bag seeds all popped where the Mephisto didn't. Trust me, I wish I could fault myself as I love everything I've seen here from Mephisto. I just can't figure out what's up with the bag seeds all popping but the Mephisto not.

All the hype about Mephisto had me drooling about acquiring some of their reportedly superior genetics. I saved my $ and gleaned all I could on various strains...made a buy.
At this point, it appears i wasted my money.
I've been growing 13 years and tried all the various germing methods but the most reliable has been placing a seed about 3/8 " into biobizz lite mix that been moistened...covering to create a moisture dome, placing on a heated mat and waiting. Never had a problem until now. I just grew out auto seeds from various suppliers and popped 5 for my next grow....but I've had NO germs of any mephisto seeds so far. Having been successful with my methods, even with 5 yr old seeds and assorted suppliers, I still see no reason to change anything but my list of reliable suppliers.

Last edited:

Hey man, we don’t supply any shops in South Africa directly.
It’s one of the few countries we had to stop shipping to directly as there were persistent problems to get orders there. (For at least year or so that’s been the case)

So, it’s likely they’re being supplied by a UK distributor, but I couldn’t say who? And hence unfortunately I wouldn’t have a clue about the age of the stock they’re holding.

Cheers

Back