New Grower Mephisto Strawberry Nuggets, 4 Assed Monkey & Fantasmo Express x Sour Stomper

If the humidity in your tent is 50% or more up to 70% @ 78°F yes lose the glass otherwise it is a balancing act. I have used both wet rags and sonic vaporizers to get the humidity up in the grow space for seedlings, turn off the exhaust fan but not the wind fan.
Also just placed a couple of glasses of water in the tent, maybe that'll help up the humidity!? The idea of a wet rag scares me as it seems like mould's dream. But i guess no more so than 15l of soggy coco in a fabric pot...

Also just placed a couple of glasses of water in the tent, maybe that'll help up the humidity!? The idea of a wet rag scares me as it seems like mould's dream. But i guess no more so than 15l of soggy coco in a fabric pot...
Your coco is not soggy is it? Mold is everywhere all of the time. This is why you do not want temperatures below 65°F with high humidity at any time.

Your coco is not soggy is it? Mold is everywhere all of the time. This is why you do not want temperatures below 65°F with high humidity at any time.
Well, no. But y'know nor is it dry...
I'm not tooooo concerned now that i've increased the airflow in the tent, but I did suffer a horrible case of bud rot on my Pineapple Express from the last grow so I'm cautious.

I gave the tent a good wash down with antibacterial spray. Hopefully that helped?

Another improvement I've made is putting the pots in trays, which i didn't before so the run off was all over the place and not helping the humidity. A shameful error I realise!

Well, no. But y'know nor is it dry...
I'm not tooooo concerned now that i've increased the airflow in the tent, but I did suffer a horrible case of bud rot on my Pineapple Express from the last grow so I'm cautious.

I gave the tent a good wash down with antibacterial spray. Hopefully that helped?

Another improvement I've made is putting the pots in trays, which i didn't before so the run off was all over the place and not helping the humidity. A shameful error I realise!
We have all been there - live and learn.

Obviously we're a lil' way off from it yet but does anyone have any thoughts on LST with these strains? I used LST on my previous grow with good results which were both sativa leaning but as these seem to be pretty stocky indica dominant strains I was thinking it might be better to just let them do their thing?

Obviously we're a lil' way off from it yet but does anyone have any thoughts on LST with these strains? I used LST on my previous grow with good results which were both sativa leaning but as these seem to be pretty stocky indica dominant strains I was thinking it might be better to just let them do their thing?
You want to use LST most of the time. The idea is to open the plant to expose potential bud nodes to the light. This encourages them to become buds.

Day 2 and I woke up to a nice birthday surprise.

Everyone's shed their shells and come out to play.

4AM:
full

SN:
full

SN:
full

Just a light spray with PHd water today and back under the 'domes'.

I forgot to mention earlier that I have the lights running 24/7 as that's what I did with my last auto grow and it seemed to work a treat. I'm yet to hear a logical reason not to...

Last edited:
Day 2 and I woke up to a nice birthday surprise.

Everyone's shed their shells and come out to play.

4AM:
full

SN:
full

SN:
full

Just a light spray with PHd water today and back under the 'domes'.

I forgot to mention earlier that I have the lights running 24/7 as that's what I did with my last auto grow and it seemed to work a treat. I'm yet to hear a logical reason not to...
IMPE 18/6 With 730 nm far red to initiate stretch and flowering, yields are comparable for less electrical energy spent or better grams per watt. I save money and that is logical.

It's all looking good so far :) love seeing gals pop:bighug:

In terms of humidity one of the things I've tried that worked great was getting a large natural shower sponge, cutting down through the centre making two thin sponges with as large circumference as possible. Then soak in water and place one in a small dish in the tent by the intake fan/hole. The sponge adds surface area and the amount of water the dish can hold and airflow causes increased evap with the extra surface area.
You can then keep trading the sponges out as regularly as you can so the mould has no time to form. The sponge also dries out quick enough it's unlikely to form anyway.

Hope I helped :)

Last edited:
Back