Mephisto Genetics Mephisto x Autoxtreme to increase plant size?

thetreeman

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
Mitch, what would be the best way to increase the size of your autos, while preserving the quality of the bud? I was thinking crossing with a known large auto and then selecting for size and quality, selfing or breeding a select few that have size plus bud qualities similar to your side of the parentage? Or would there be a better way to do this? It will be interesting to see how the tang grow turns out, but already the mephisto plants look smaller than his others that are the same age.

Im not meaning that I will do this, because I dont have room for breeding projects, unfortunately because I think it would be a lot of fun. I meant if you wanted to come out with a line of XXL type autos, how would you go about doing this?

Good question,

I was also thinking about this.

however, I wouldn't use anyone else's autos, I would probably explore into some elite sativa dominant cuts, something that we know when put into flower when very small stretches with vigor to create a big plant.

something like amnesia haze; we have karmas cup winning cut revegging and also one coming as a cut from England to test out.

our breeding has always focused on bud quality rather than plant size or structure. Of course there's 24c and auto blues that were bred to the short dwarf type af sog parents to make the first gen of Mephisto strains, and to have a sog type of plant in the collection is very useful.

but now we have more of a range of Mephisto parents to choose from we would start by considering the largest and making it a parent to a new strain from scratch that is more sativa leaning.

starting with high quality predictable parents is always a recipe for a good outcome in my book, but obviously it takes time.
more sativas, higher mould resistance and even higher quality smoke is what we are aiming for over the next year.

Quality is always number one though and if we find a line of larger plants in that work then it's always something to focus on.
My experience has always been the larger plants taking a longer time to finish, and coming from where we do, we always took speed over size as well.

its great to have big plants but if the quality is lacking or you could be half way through another run with little plants by the time a big plant has finished..

We have some more cuts on the way, but they will largely be for creating the Mephisto bx line.
we have several chem d variants
the alien and triangle
east coast sour diesel
and very soon we will cross the auto blues and chem city blues to the livers cut, so we really aim to minimise the amount of auto in our strains apart from the lovely auto gene.

cheers mitch :)

Good question,

I was also thinking about this.

however, I wouldn't use anyone else's autos, I would probably explore into some elite sativa dominant cuts, something that we know when put into flower when very small stretches with vigor to create a big plant, something like amnesia haze; we have karmas cup winning cut revegging and also one coming as a cut from England to test out.

our breeding has always focused on bud quality rather than plant size or structure. Of course there's 24c and auto blues that were bred to the short dwarf type af sog parents to make the first gen of Mephisto strains, and to have a sog type of plant in the collection is very useful.

cheers mitch :)

:slap: Bravo! Plus rep

Peace and love
:peace:

MikeyB.

If You writing bout a Vigor growing Sativa Dom. i need to fem the Top Cut of the Vanilla Pines Project. Speedy Growth only 1-1.5 Stretch and Budding/Resin is Quite impressive too. Talking Amnesia one of the Best if not the Best is the Hy Pro(now Superstrains) Core Cut. I guess thats the one Karma used Mitch does it have a Sweet Peppery Smell 9-10 Weeks Blootime and produces Rock Hard Nugs like this one??? Amnesia Haze Core Cut .jpg

If You writing bout a Vigor growing Sativa Dom. i need to fem the Top Cut of the Vanilla Pines Project. Speedy Growth only 1-1.5 Stretch and Budding/Resin is Quite impressive too. Talking Amnesia one of the Best if not the Best is the Hy Pro(now Superstrains) Core Cut. I guess thats the one Karma used Mitch does it have a Sweet Peppery Smell 9-10 Weeks Blootime and produces Rock Hard Nugs like this one??? View attachment 403741

i know it's not the hy-pro, we've flowered it out once indoors and the yield and quality was awesome, but due to a mishap we lost the mother, cuts were taken from the ones outdoors but didn't root.
then just last week tim spotted one by the pool that was still alive with some ancient looking buds on, so it's indoors now hopefully it will re-veg.

karma offered to send us the hypro cut when we asked some time ago, but said his cut was better but we'd have to wait a little longer to get it back as it was the cannabis cup in the dam so he was too busy.

very soon we will cross the auto blues and chem city blues to the livers cut, so we really aim to minimise the amount of auto in our strains apart from the lovely auto gene.

Looking forward to this beyond belief!!

My experience has always been the larger plants taking a longer time to finish, and coming from where we do, we always took speed over size as well.

You're not wrong! Exactly the same pal, I love dwarf strains and i've got one of your Auto Blues on the go at the minute. Sour Crack too :)

I love a squat fast-finisher! SOG style-ee! Perfect!

Peace
NB

Last edited:
Also, at the end of the day, it comes down to what you want your company to be known for..

Every company is different and they have their own goals, if you want to produce the biggest, or the smallest or the smelliest etc etc and I respect everyone that has their own goal and direction.

It would be marvellous to be the best in everything but as I say it takes time..

I just want that limited edition in early 2015 I am going to keep my eyes open and on your site for those beans for sure. The orange diesel kush pollinated witha og ghost train haze auto. That has unreal potency written all over it and if grown to it's maximum I suspect a good size

well Mitch your well on your way brother! looking at your gear is sex for my eyes..
elvis smile.jpg

Last edited:
Ok nice Info Mitch. And indeed we are all Individuals so we all have a Unique Goal. You choosed the right Path to walk on Mate. Top Cuts transformed to Autos was a missing thing in the Scene.When it came to Autos almost every Seedbank jumped un the Ak/Nl/WW/Diesel/Amesia/Haze Autos but lots of them forgot that there is More out there escpiacly in the Kush corner.....

And Topic Amnesia if Karmas Cut really tops the Hy pro cut then i learned something new and i need to try that Cut at least once. We growed a lot of Amnesia when i lived in the Netherlands and we had Acces to Somas Cup winning Cut and the Hypro Cut which leans Dominant to the Afghani and has the Short Flowering from 8.5-9 weeks. Now im really Curious bout Karmas Cut.....i mean i heard a lot of Good Stuff bout Him and he truly knows what Hes doing Selection wise.

Back