Grow Mediums Mixed Genetics in Water Only Autopots (hopefully)

D3pthCharg3

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
A5 Haze s1
Hello All,
This will be my first grow using Autopots organically, I have however, used them utilizing coco/salts. This will also be a first time growing autoflowering genetics in them. In the past my grows were photoperiod, of course. So far I have started (2) Critical 2.0 XL Autoflowering bred by Garden of Green Seeds as well as Super Orange Haze Autoflowering bred by Mephisto and Skywalker Autoflowering bred by Mephisto. The purpose of this grow, aside from producing some great flowers, is to see if I can use the Autopots to grow autos using water only, organically.

Equipment
4' x 2' x 5' Grow Tent
(2) 100w HLG quantum board LEDs (65w HLG in reserve too)
4 pot Autopots XL w/ 7 Gallon reservoir
(4) 3 Gallon fabric containers (knock off Smart Pots)

Media/Fertilizer
-Bottom 1" is 50/50 charged Canna coco and #3 perlite
-Next 4" my own custom 'super soil' w/ 50% perlite
-Above this layer is 1Tbsp One Shot dry granular fertilizer made by Nectar for the Gods applied in two clusters & a generous scoop of Big Foot Mycorrhizae
-50/50 Perlite/Coco Loco to fill
*a tiny bit of lobster compost and biochar added to each layer

Here's what we're lookin at before media and plants...

IMG_8059.jpg
IMG_8060.jpg
1.jpg

During and after media....

I put the copper disc/root block a bit off to the side of the container, trying to match the open area on the base
IMG_8149.jpg

Layers 1 and 2
IMG_8150.jpg
IMG_8151.jpg

Ready for plants
IMG_8152.jpg
IMG_8153.jpg

(2) Critical 2.0 XL Autoflowering ala Garden of Green Seeds as seedlings. These will be interesting as they are noted to contain a decent amount of CBD, as well as still being a THC forward plant.
IMG_8211.jpg
IMG_8212-1.jpg

...and Super Orange Haze Autoflowering bred by Mephisto Genetics (man do I love SLH by Greenhouse, this is gonna be a winner)...
IMG_8224.jpg

...and we're still waiting patiently on the Skywalker. More to come, thanks for checkin out the grow.

Still hand watering. I have not yet hooked up the AutoPot watering system. I had obvious signs of overfeeding due to the hot soil/seedling combination so I repotted them into a lighter soil. I will be continuing with the AutoPots, I will however, be feeding them and not going water only.

(2) Critical 2.0 XL Autoflowering bred by Garden of Green
IMG_8313.jpg
IMG_8314.jpg

Super Orange Haze Autoflowering bred by Mephisto
IMG_8315.jpg

Pink Panama Autoflowering bred by Mephisto
IMG_8316.jpg

Skywalker Autoflowering bred by Mephisto
IMG_8317.jpg

I thought the pot sock went in the outside. Live and learn. I just finished 2 grows with water only. Same set up (I put sock on outside) :crying:

I thought the pot sock went in the outside. Live and learn. I just finished 2 grows with water only. Same set up (I put sock on outside) :crying:

Did you set the disc on the outside of the pot? How did you put it on the outside exactly?

I'm also wondering what soil/ferts you used please. I'm going over to check out your grows out now. Thanks for sharing.

(2) Critical 2.0 XL Autoflowering bred by Garden of Green
Plant 1
IMG_8401.jpg
IMG_8404.jpg

Plant 2
IMG_8402.jpg
IMG_8403.jpg

Super Orange Haze Autoflowering bred by Mephisto

IMG_8398.jpg

Pink Panama Autoflowering bred by Mephisto

IMG_8399.jpg

Skywalker Autoflowering bred by Mephisto

IMG_8400.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8404.jpg
    IMG_8404.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 34
Did you set the disc on the outside of the pot? How did you put it on the outside exactly?

I'm also wondering what soil/ferts you used please. I'm going over to check out your grows out now. Thanks for sharing.
I just inserted the 5g fabric pot inside The “pot sock”. Regarding the soil, I built my own and let it compost for 3-4 months.

I just inserted the 5g fabric pot inside The “pot sock”. Regarding the soil, I built my own and let it compost for 3-4 months.
Ahhhh, I now see that we have different sock/discs. Mine is a copper plate or disc. If I'm not mistaken yours is more sock shaped, with actual sides...

Thanks

Back