New Grower MoonMan's Grow Journal

So. Nute issues. I was doing some research to see which raise and lower ph and found an interesting article about the whole line and how to best use them. Information NOT on the bottles. Information that would be very helpful to know at the start of a grow.

Two things stuck out, maybe they are "common knowledge" but as you know, that's even more rare these days :nono:

1) For the "sturdy stalk" - Apparently you DO NOT mix it with other nutes. But, it recommends doing it in water well mixed, then feeding after regularly because it will need it. I had been mixing it with others. I noticed it needed to be mixed in better to dissolve, but didn't know I should have kept them separate if possible. Some feedings I did only that luckily, but I'm wondering what potential issues I've caused on sensitive plants in other feedings.

2) Fill water, put in nute, mix well...then add next nute and do it again. Well on the bottle it says to fill the water, add all the nutes, and then mix. Not to do it and then mix each one in separately. I'm really not sure what effects that would have, but I'm sure somethings didn't react as well together as they could have, and maybe canceled each other out...leading to one locking something else out, or a bad mix.

So going forward I will correct my actions and hope for cleaner results, I think mixing correctly now, and using a bit lower dose than I had been, should see an improvement.

Day 24
So transplant seems to have worked, have good new growth.

Took off some of the lowest leaves the other day, the a bunch more today. The huge ones just create weird branches and crazy stretched fans.

I will maybe top once, would do it maybe Tuesday so they can recover from this defoliation.

I changed light to 65% blue and 80% intensity, slowly working to a 50/50 and 100% about a month left in this tent.

Oh! I also have a snail and a spider. It’s eating my plant but slow and small I don’t care. Letting him live. Spider, if surviving is earning its keep as well I’d assume

G13 is the fatter girl and the Cindy is the one standing tall. Big stalks on both so far.
8D29177C-CA5B-40A4-8FEF-B3184F15F75F.jpeg
AC6D17A9-40FC-467B-9203-11635919EB10.jpeg
75B35AB7-4F45-4D01-A5CB-0BDD049F2BD1.jpeg
CA7CD8B0-D2D4-483C-95B1-093273492E45.jpeg
EECA9860-AB57-435F-8AAD-9C43D4FECFFE.jpeg
15D364F9-4850-44EC-89EE-0B670C6ED393.jpeg

Day 52
Defoliate and water day. No nutes cruising on water for a few to slow flush any nute issues out. Will feed this weekend lightly again.

Haven’t cut a branch off any of these, well I think 2-3 very small lower ones have come off during the trim ups, but basically letting them do their thing as far as that goes.

Couple of photos
7AB7F936-1060-4CD8-B810-DF2F7057748C.jpeg
5B022159-117B-4C99-9B2F-FCD3D8E00AFC.jpeg
453000EB-C6AE-4C1D-BE0D-6C0EB21F40DD.jpeg
391E04D9-EDE0-42F8-B723-084BBB2B30A4.jpeg

What a forest you have grown! They all look solid and happy. Great stuff. What will you do with it all!

What a forest you have grown! They all look solid and happy. Great stuff. What will you do with it all!
Thanks. It's been a struggle figuring out nutes, ph and trying to keep them looking healthy for the long haul. Seems to never end! I've been learning a fair amount with this grow though, so I'm excited as I move into others.

We will see what my total haul is on this one, but I have two cousins who had issues with their outdoors this year (one had a bear just randomly destroy 2 of her 3 plants) and they will be in need later this winter.

My original thought process was that I eat edibles everyday, and if I'm making them, it goes thru a lot of bud. BUT now that I've been using my trim the last few months to make cookies with great success... Well I'm liable to have a lot of extra bud.

I have some fancy blue mason-like jars I use that hold weed for a year or more (at least I've smoked it that long) and I plan on ordering a few grove bags. So it will hold. Last spring I had two weeks of work done on my property by a few guys I know in exchange for weed. I think I paid them a 1/2 oz each a day. I had no cash, and they were on unemployment for a few more weeks until lawn season started back up...

So between bartering and helping out the family, I'll use most of it. Now if I continually grow and never stop, I don't know, but luckily I'll have some time to figure it out lol.

Back