Seed Bank My recent experience with seed banks

Saltydoc

New User
Reaction score
I have been growing for over 50 yrs. I either used my own seeds or would get clones. I have become very interested in autoflower seeds. This is where I need to share my recent experience with seed banks. I wanted to try gorilla glue and girl scout cookies. I first tried Oregon Elite seed co. I placed my order for 5 auto fem seeds of each. My order status was pending, but not going anywhere. I emailed 3 times and called 2 times and left messages with no response. I then tried Exotic Seed Club. They were very responsive and I got my 5 seeds each. They were in Fast Buds packets. I soaked them for a day, then put them in pete pucks under a grow light. I kept the environment at 75-80 degrees. At the same time, I bought some landrace seeds from the Real Seed Co. Only 2 gorilla seeds popped, 1 cookies popped and 19/20 landrace popped after 3 wks. The Exotic Seed club advertises 100% germination guaranteed. I called 3 times and their phone is always busy. I emailed them 4 times and no response. I also ordered 12 Onyx auto regular seeds from True North Seed Co. The transaction was difficult because they used an intermediate payment company from China who added a $15 transaction fee. My credit card company had a hard time with that transaction, but it finally went through. I was notified 3 weeks ago that the seeds were shipped. I never received the shipment. When I contacted them they told me that the shipment didn't make it through customs and I was out of luck because I did not purchase an insurance policy. I was not aware that an insurance policy was offered. The Real Seed Co. is definitely a stand up operation. The other 3 seed banks are a problem. Their customer service is lacking. I warned these companies that I would share my experience with this forum, but they didn't seem to care.

I’ve ordered from ExoticSeeds Club. No problems. So far I’ve popped 4 different seeds with no issues. Good experience with them so far. I would like to order from overseas but worry about customs.

@Saltydoc :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Some of your seeds may still be on walk-about. It has been taking mine 25 - 30 days to cross the pond and clear customs. I won't buy from a seed vendor that does not provide tracking.

Are you PHing the peat plugs up? They are often below 5.5 naturally and that is too low for cannabis. Soak them in 6.3 PH water before using them. You will get a better germination rate ~80°F 60% RH lights on 24/0. When the seedlings have their first set of true leaves turn lights to 18/6.

:goodluck:

@Saltydoc :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Some of your seeds may still be on walk-about. It has been taking mine 25 - 30 days to cross the pond and clear customs. I won't buy from a seed vendor that does not provide tracking.

Are you PHing the peat plugs up? They are often below 5.5 naturally and that is too low for cannabis. Soak them in 6.3 PH water before using them. You will get a better germination rate ~80°F 60% RH lights on 24/0. When the seedlings have their first set of true leaves turn lights to 18/6.

:goodluck:
Thanks for the advice. I just used my well water. Not sure of ph. I did get better than 95% germination on some landrace seeds. Malawi gold and upper highland laos. at the same time as the cookies and glue were being germinated. As soon as the true leaves start, I put them outside. We are beyond the frost season. This is my first attempt at autofems. Are they harder to germinate? I always thought the ruderalis in their breeding made them very hardy. I actively tried germinating for 28 days. I was hoping that Exotic seed co would honor their 100% germination guarantee. So far they won't respond to my 3 emails. I have about 20 landrace plants, but I was really looking forward to some auto plants.

Thanks for the advice. I just used my well water. Not sure of ph. I did get better than 95% germination on some landrace seeds. Malawi gold and upper highland laos. at the same time as the cookies and glue were being germinated. As soon as the true leaves start, I put them outside. We are beyond the frost season. This is my first attempt at autofems. Are they harder to germinate? I always thought the ruderalis in their breeding made them very hardy. I actively tried germinating for 28 days. I was hoping that Exotic seed co would honor their 100% germination guarantee. So far they won't respond to my 3 emails. I have about 20 landrace plants, but I was really looking forward to some auto plants.
I just had 100% germination on 9 Autos in 5 days. I use A-ok starter plugs from GroDan rock wool following my own advise. So, no, autos don't take anything extra or take longer. I once had some Kilimanjaro seeds take 28 days to germinate.

The ninth one popped today!

_DSC3716.JPG

I have been growing for over 50 yrs. I either used my own seeds or would get clones. I have become very interested in autoflower seeds. This is where I need to share my recent experience with seed banks. I wanted to try gorilla glue and girl scout cookies. I first tried Oregon Elite seed co. I placed my order for 5 auto fem seeds of each. My order status was pending, but not going anywhere. I emailed 3 times and called 2 times and left messages with no response. I then tried Exotic Seed Club. They were very responsive and I got my 5 seeds each. They were in Fast Buds packets. I soaked them for a day, then put them in pete pucks under a grow light. I kept the environment at 75-80 degrees. At the same time, I bought some landrace seeds from the Real Seed Co. Only 2 gorilla seeds popped, 1 cookies popped and 19/20 landrace popped after 3 wks. The Exotic Seed club advertises 100% germination guaranteed. I called 3 times and their phone is always busy. I emailed them 4 times and no response. I also ordered 12 Onyx auto regular seeds from True North Seed Co. The transaction was difficult because they used an intermediate payment company from China who added a $15 transaction fee. My credit card company had a hard time with that transaction, but it finally went through. I was notified 3 weeks ago that the seeds were shipped. I never received the shipment. When I contacted them they told me that the shipment didn't make it through customs and I was out of luck because I did not purchase an insurance policy. I was not aware that an insurance policy was offered. The Real Seed Co. is definitely a stand up operation. The other 3 seed banks are a problem. Their customer service is lacking. I warned these companies that I would share my experience with this forum, but they didn't seem to care.
I'm glad you can take the time to make a post I tried to reach out and get your order number but have yet to hear from you

I'm glad you can take the time to make a post I tried to reach out and get your order number but have yet to hear from you
Thanks for reaching out. Sorry I haven't responded sooner, but I spent the last month at my home in Mexico. I just got back. The order# was 85392. I sent 3 emails in regards to that order with no response.

Back