Never smoked an auto bud before

GsC4477

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
My own will be my first, have a few questions:

How do these strains compare to the bud i buy? ie : GSC , kush OG, sour diesel OG.
I expect to be very let down as Im sure the bud im buying is grown by Pros and Im not even good. But even when I get there- how will my favs in auto compare to photos in THC lvl and Taste?

How do these strains compare to the bud i buy? ie : GSC , kush OG, sour diesel OG.
I expect to be very let down as Im sure the bud im buying is grown by Pros and Im not even good. But even when I get there- how will my favs in auto compare to photos in THC lvl and Taste?
My autos have far outperformed my photos in everything but overall plant size. Don't doubt yourself! My worst buds have been far better than anything I've bought.

I totally agree with @Suki. I had the same concerns when it came to autos but after growing my first, and harvesting my first premature buds so I didnt have to buy more....well even though I dont have this whole grow/dry/cure thing down. Ive gotten almost 2 dry oz off 2 branches of my auto with probably 4 or 5 more on my plant. Im progressively harvesting letting thr lower branches mature more to find out exactly how much time I need on my other seeds I have.

In regards to the flavor, mine isnt the greatest. Its premature so it hasnt really fully developed it full terpene profile, and even that had partial influence over how well its grown, the more mature parts of the branch definitely have a better flavor after about 12 days in jars and like suki said the high is way better than expected. Im sure when the fully mature plant is dried and cured well it would be some of the best smoke in my entire life. Ive already been blown away by sugar leaves and premature buds soooo if that had any medal Id say there is great things to expect from autos as long as you can get familiar with the growing process.

The strain Im growing were freebies. Granite Runtz auto by mutant genetics, now speedyseeds or speedseeds, I honestly cant remember.
20230114_090318.jpg

This was my plant about 2 weeks ago. Still has a few weeks to go. Grew very well even though I wasnt growing it under the reccomended lighting schedule of 18+hours on, as I have a couple photos as well. I found out the hard way its not good to mix the 2, they are definitely different.

Last edited:
I have tested this personally. The reason I tested it is because I wanted to test autos vs photos, and test my auto buds against street weed. I was shocked when I quickly realised my weed better than any the street stuff I tried. You can’t tell the difference unless one strain has been grow far better than the other. I have had a shit ton of compliments from my weed and they’re all autos.

Let autos finish properly. 8wk minimum of flower. Hang the plant to dry with leaves in a nice air extracted environment with lower temps and that seems to be the best method for drying at least for me. Shit smells dank in low temp (around 18-19c) with slow dry

Last edited:
I grow autos and photos in every run. When I distribute, no one ever asks which is which.

Before I started growing I used to buy the highest end stuff I could find. My dealer at this time called it "Rapper weed" lol It ran $300-$400 an oz. When I had my first auto harvest, I transitioned to smoking my own and never noticed a thing as far as potency. Quality and flavor went up and if anything, potency stayed the same.

I started growing autos with LR1(terrible). Grew out a few LR2 hybrids(not much better) and some "super " autos.(meh) I personally have never smoked an auto I was happy with. I gave up and just stuck to photos. That said I haven't grown autos since like 2010ish and i am curious to experience some of the genes now a days.

I started growing autos with LR1(terrible). Grew out a few LR2 hybrids(not much better) and some "super " autos.(meh) I personally have never smoked an auto I was happy with. I gave up and just stuck to photos. That said I haven't grown autos since like 2010ish and i am curious to experience some of the genes now a days.
Its faaar different now then 10 yrs ago. The top breeders figured it all out

Back