New Live Intros Thread New grower looking for second opinions

Lots of load calculators online you can use......that light is less than 2.25 amps.....just trace that circuit to see what outlets are on the same circuit and find out the breaker amperage.

Lots of load calculators online you can use......that light is less than 2.25 amps.....just trace that circuit to see what outlets are on the same circuit and find out the breaker amperage.
I do love to do research and be way over prepared before I start a new venture. But damn what do I hate electricity and everything that comes with it.
I’m eyeballing the woox r4028 smart multiplug.

Technical specifications:

• Dimensions: 264x66x40mm (L x W x H)
  • Power supply:AC 90V-264V (50/60Hz)
  • Nominal input voltage: AC 230V
  • Standby power loss: 1W
  • Total outlet current: 16A Max.
  • Single outlet current: 10A Max.
  • Maxmium load: 3680W
  • USB output: DC 5V/4A totally
  • Protocol:WIFI IEEE 802/11b/g/n 2.4Ghz
  • Transmission power: 15.7 dBm
  • Materials: ABS+PC, (750℃ V-0 FIRE-RETARDANT)
  • Working temperature: -30℃ - +65℃
This should suffice right since the LED with 2.25 a sits comfortably below 10a? It also comes with surge and lightning protection.

I can vouch for sanlight led I've got thread going back years on them here and I'm running 1 evo 60 in my 76x76x180 and 2 evo series 120s in my 4x4 tent .here's a link to my thread https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...utch-passion-sssc.78551/page-330#post-2734989.
Good to hear! The double 120’s in the 120x120 was also my dream to start with but just so expensive and it doubles my electricity bill. Hopefully I can make the stepup in the future once the energy crisis settles down a bit

I’m currently enquiring about a powerstrip with good surge protection that is compatible with the Tuya wifi-761 smokedetector.
I do agree with you about spreading the load, however I’m trying to keep energy usage as low as possible and with the current setup it should be even less then my computer uses.
I also don’t want powercables running all the way through my house so I’m still leaning towards using just 1-2 sockets near the tent.
The extra fan running over the lights is a great idea though and should also help with some extra airflow, definitely gonna use that thanks!
No matter how many rooms outlets you use, the power draw will always be the same, but if you spread the load over different circuits you lessen the chance for an overload, tripped circuit breaker, or an electrical fire. My 3x3 total at max power on everything only draws 656 watts of power. Idk what its like in a larger tent but my light is rated for a 1.5x1.5 meter tent and thats the bulk of your electrical draw right there. Thats really nothing. A modern desktop computer draws as much power.

Last edited:
Good to hear! The double 120’s in the 120x120 was also my dream to start with but just so expensive and it doubles my electricity bill. Hopefully I can make the stepup in the future once the energy crisis settles down a bit
there dimmable and that helps for sure mate and the electricity over here in the UK is a nightmare so I get that and if costs are an issue maybe look into some DIY equipment if that's your thing but the sanlights are like the Porsche or Ferrari of grow lights but you get a bang for your buck for sure

there dimmable and that helps for sure mate and the electricity over here in the UK is a nightmare so I get that and if costs are an issue maybe look into some DIY equipment if that's your thing but the sanlights are like the Porsche or Ferrari of grow lights but you get a bang for your buck for sure
I don’t mind spending a bit more for quality, my reason to go for the single 4-80 at 250W is mainly the electricity bill since you need a total of 500W for the double 4-120’s.
We have a certain weird law here in the netherlands to counter the high energy prices. If you stay under a certain amount of kwh it will only cost €0,40 per kwh. However if you go above it the price doubles. So I’m gonna start with low energy usage and wait till this whole energy crisis is over.

No matter how many rooms outlets you use, the power draw will always be the same, but if you spread the load over different circuits you lessen the chance for an overload, tripped circuit breaker, or an electrical fire. My 3x3 total at max power on everything only draws 656 watts of power. Idk what its like in a larger tent but my light is rated for a 1.5x1.5 meter tent and thats the bulk of your electrical draw right there. Thats really nothing. A modern desktop computer draws as much power.
You’re right, my pc has a 750W power supply. My light is 1/3rd of that and with some ventilation I reckon it would be still under 300W. I’m probably just overthinking it a bit for this setup. Probably not even gonna bother spreading the load over different circuits since 90% of the power is the led

You’re right, my pc has a 750W power supply. My light is 1/3rd of that and with some ventilation I reckon it would be still under 300W. I’m probably just overthinking it a bit for this setup. Probably not even gonna bother spreading the load over different circuits since 90% of the power is the led
I have a strip cord rated for a gaming pc, everything in my tent is plugged into it minus my humidifier, only because I rarely run it because its in the basement.

A grow tent wont draw that much power unless its a big one, with multiple lights and exhausts and intakes. Its actually suprisingly cheap for me to run mine in the US. My power bill only went up by about $30 a month.

I don’t mind spending a bit more for quality, my reason to go for the single 4-80 at 250W is mainly the electricity bill since you need a total of 500W for the double 4-120’s.
We have a certain weird law here in the netherlands to counter the high energy prices. If you stay under a certain amount of kwh it will only cost €0,40 per kwh. However if you go above it the price doubles. So I’m gonna start with low energy usage and wait till this whole energy crisis is over.
sound bro also really nice to meet ya too

Holy crap thats expensive!

Back