new site, new Free Giveaway!

Anyone knows how long the kelp keeps? I've found an amount and rate that works well and if a tiny bit is left, I give it to Bob the Ivy.
The kelp is pretty dramatic. I think adding a touch of aminos, for feed and a surfactant, with EM1 added to the effectiveness.
And those that are using it, is weekly working well? Anyone using it like every 4 or 5 days with no problems?
Not very long I believe week tops at least other kelps I’ve read about not sure about GL..

I am also was wondering about dosage the kelp I use currently (NPK RAW) only takes a very little amount.. I mix with Humic acid also with it at 5 to 2.. I use .125 grams kelp and .35 grams humic per gallon.. curious if I could do the same just using the GL kelp instead of the RAW?

I add kelp to my Rez weekly and it seems to be plenty :shrug:

Not very long I believe week tops at least other kelps I’ve read about not sure about GL..

I am also was wondering about dosage the kelp I use currently (NPK RAW) only takes a very little amount.. I mix with Humic acid also with it at 5 to 2.. I use .125 grams kelp and .35 grams humic per gallon.. curious if I could do the same just using the GL kelp instead of the RAW?

I can use 1000ml in spraying while I'm working the girls. I shoot for 0.15g in that 1000ml. That's with 1/4tsp of humic acid I use to 5 gallons in all my water. It's not photo sensitive either.....at least at 600ppfd

Hopefully @Greenleaf Nutrients will stop off at a Roberto's and bring us some the next time he stops by and elaborate on the kelp usage.
Damn good eats in the early 80s. Hopefully they are still and the quality is still there. As part-time security, one of my assignments was a Roberto's in Nasty City on the main drag of the mile of cars. They fed me VERY well.

^I thought I had started a reply, but it didn't show up when just posting!

I'm using the recommendation of .5/gallon on the kelp for foliar and drench. I've only used it as a drench with a couple of other things for the root health due to the gnats. That's my use of it as a soil drench. I tie it to other things that I'd normally do when I need to a top watering for actually feeding(what I'll probally have to do with Root Beer Float in late flower) or for therapeutic treatment for root health.
Just my thoughts, but if I were adding it in my rez, I'd half the rate and not every filling. I only say that because of the quite dramatic foliar results. As refined as this extract seems to be, it's probably LOADED with auxins, gibberellins, and cytokinins, All growth hormones. I just don't want to over do the hormone bit.

Maybe someone has some actual long term use with the older product that can clarify this. I'm doing another foliar tonight at midnight

@Greenleaf Nutrients
Girls are in the 20-30 day range. They got a kelp foliar feeding before, during and after mixing the water for my Earthboxes. Weighed out .17 for 1000ml, so I added a bit of water. The girls were mad at me for getting their 'Doo's' wet and were quite wilted. I zipped them up and posted in my log. The last thin I do before crashin is check the girls.
What a response! All girls were praying their asses off! Very dramatic response! This version does smell much better. These girls had a bit of a rough start with gnats. I used this along with other things as a soil drench to help bring the roots around. I'm sure it helped quite a bit in their recovery.
Their foliar feeding response was quite dramatic! How long can the kelp be used once mixed?
hi, our new kelp product we think its the best quality on the market right now. Previously we were using the traditional type extract (black color) which was pretty good, this new version we have its made with an advanced low temperature extraction method, and doesn't filter out any chlorophyll at all from the seaweed so it retains a golden/yellow color. As far as the auxins/cytokins/IAA and alginic acids, this is the highest available purity currently now. So if anything you could even use less dosage compared to standard black kelp extracts. You can use in a pretty wide range honestly, from 0.2g per Gallon, to even 5g+ per Gallon. For foliar would recommend maybe 1-2g/Gallon, and root drench maybe 2g/Gallon as a safe range, but you can also do far less if you want.

should last fairly long as far as I know. You should be able to use the GL kelp at a lower dose compared to RAW since its more powerful.

hi, our new kelp product we think its the best quality on the market right now. Previously we were using the traditional type extract (black color) which was pretty good, this new version we have its made with an advanced low temperature extraction method, and doesn't filter out any chlorophyll at all from the seaweed so it retains a golden/yellow color. As far as the auxins/cytokins/IAA and alginic acids, this is the highest available purity currently now. So if anything you could even use less dosage compared to standard black kelp extracts. You can use in a pretty wide range honestly, from 0.2g per Gallon, to even 5g+ per Gallon. For foliar would recommend maybe 1-2g/Gallon, and root drench maybe 2g/Gallon as a safe range, but you can also do far less if you want.

should last fairly long as far as I know. You should be able to use the GL kelp at a lower dose compared to RAW since its more powerful.
I do think it's better than the black just from the smell and not in a cosmetic way. The nose knows!
It does seem like the plants like it better. I get a much more dramatic response to applications.
It plays well with various ferments and I also use a touch of aminos to act as a surfactant and a feed.
I'm VERY happy with the results!
If it will keep for at least 5 days mixed, I can lower the rate and use more often.

Awesome I've been using it in every feed and as foliar sprays.....

Just realize i'm almost out! About enough stock solution for 2 more feedings! Just placed my order, and thank you!

PS I gave the last 5 pounds of my V1 to a friend a couple months ago lol!

I need a “Sesame Street” version on when/how to use these lol. I’m ready to start feeding my spring run and not sure exactly where to start. 2 plants are in GroBuckets so they will be sipping from the bottom reservoir and one is in a 5gal grow bag w/happy frog and some extra sand in the mix.

Cytokinins and auxins found in kelp/seaweed amendments applied at wrong time can cause excessive stretch. Great for dosing notoriously squatty indicas to increase the stretch though.

Back