new site, new Free Giveaway!

Cytokinins and auxins found in kelp/seaweed amendments applied at wrong time can cause excessive stretch. Great for dosing notoriously squatty indicas to increase the stretch though.
I think that's what made the Miss Wispy GG4 girl in my first grow. insanely jump. I brewed some compost tea and I may have hit the Thorvin kelp a little much and applied the filtered out material as a top dress. It was NOTHING like the other one I grew. The smoke was the same. One was a typical indica Christmas tree and Miss Wispy was nothing but sativa.

unfortunately not likely until around July we are expecting now :( We have Part B, but now the Part A ready yet
Damn, I still got most of my one part bag I bought awhile back. Certainly does a treat for the green things but I don't grow much.

The narcissistic side of my mind expected to confirm that my current nutes were better.

Of course I expected to validate my previous choices as always being the best decision ever

However.

IMG20230525072012.jpg

The @Greenleaf Nutrients fed plant is the one on the left!

Same super soil in both containers

Both were given respecting ferts at 300 ppm, and kelp at ¼ tsp/gallon and a foliar drench last Friday. Tomorrow is the next dose.

In hindsight, I should have tested the kelp and fertilizer separately, because now I don't know if it's the kelp, the ferts, or both doing it.

My goal is to produce the highest quality flower, and while the biggest plant doesn't guarantee that, it sure implies that it will.

The testing will continue.

The narcissistic side of my mind expected to confirm that my current nutes were better.

Of course I expected to validate my previous choices as always being the best decision ever

However.

View attachment 1596917

The @Greenleaf Nutrients fed plant is the one on the left!

Same super soil in both containers

Both were given respecting ferts at 300 ppm, and kelp at ¼ tsp/gallon and a foliar drench last Friday. Tomorrow is the next dose.

In hindsight, I should have tested the kelp and fertilizer separately, because now I don't know if it's the kelp, the ferts, or both doing it.

My goal is to produce the highest quality flower, and while the biggest plant doesn't guarantee that, it sure implies that it will.

The testing will continue.
I had to cut the kelp out....they were turning yellow.....at least Mañ'O'Green told me too....I'll add it back in only once every week....instead of every water....
20230524_234339.jpg

I've got a question.
I'll be using pop22's low dose every watering in a living media. I wanted to test this volcanic fluff as a barrier of sorts for gnats. It looks like it may do that job well. It does pack down a bit, but doesn't form a crust like DE would be used in the same manner. It does seem to keep the top layers of the media more moist for a longer time. If it doesn't work well when used in this fashion, it will get mixed if the media to give a slower and more even dry down in Rain Science bags. It's in my EarthBoxes as a silicon source at a small rate.
To the question at hand. The layer does slow the water quite a bit and pressure is much lower to keep it in place. Before, when using MC, I did the vast majority of watering thru top watering in cycles and would top it off with letting it soak up the last it thru water added to the tray.
Am I going to run into a salt build up line r something if I basically reverse it and do a majority of watering thru bottom watering?
IMG_20230524_220902295.jpg

I've got a question.
I'll bbe using pop22's low dose every watering in a living media. I wanted to test this volcanic fluff as a barrier of sorts for gnats. It looks like it may do that job well. It does pack down a bit, but doesn't form a crust like DE would be used in the same manner. It does seem to keep the top layers of the media more moist for a longer time. If it doesn't work well when used in this fashion, it will get mixed if the media to give a slower and more even dry down in Rain Science bags. It's in my EarthBoxes as a silicon source at a small rate.
To the question at hand. The layer does slow the water quite a bit and pressure is much lower to keep it in place. Before using MC, I did the vast majority of watering thru top watering in cycles and would top it off with letting it soak up the last it thru water added to the tray.
Am I going to run into a salt build up line r something if I basically reverse it and do a majority of watering thru bottom watering?
View attachment 1596958
Your using Megacrop on living soil? Won't it hurt the living soil? Being salt based? Idk Mañ'O'Green told me not to use on living soil I think....I only water in compost teas and top dress....hf all organic... I could be wrong..I'm just wondering cause if you can I'd try myself....maybe it will make more beast plants....

Your using Megacrop on living soil? Won't it hurt the living soil? Being salt based? Idk Mañ'O'Green told me not to use on living soil I think....I only water in compost teas and top dress....hf all organic... I could be wrong..I'm just wondering cause if you can I'd try myself....maybe it will make more beast plants....
First canna run was in living soil. Same Roots Organic. First run was quite successful by anyone's standards. With the low rate and vegan, I don't think it is harmful to the media. I had a friend that used it as a part of his soil building project with his cover crops. It didn't seem to harm any of the processes, like nitrogen fixing, in the soil. It gave a boost to the cover crop to produce more vegetative matter going into the soil and didn't seem to harm the break-down process.
If I were still growing Coastal Bermuda hay, I would do an early spring experiment with the Kelp product. Coastal Bermuda spreads and thickens thru its roots system. When you cut the roots, it causes it to spread more and thicken. I would pull an aeration machine behind my tractor. It had curved rotating blades driven by ground speed. It would slice the roots and aerate the soil. Normally I'd come back with a heavy spraying of compost tea. I'd add that kelp to the mix and see what happens. I think it could be quite dramatic. Same would work well in your lawn too!

First canna run was in living soil. Same Roots Organic. First run was quite successful by anyone's standards. With the low rate and vegan, I don't think it is harmful to the media. I had a friend that used it as a part of his soil building project with his cover crops. It didn't seem to harm any of the processes, like nitrogen fixing, in the soil. It gave a boost to the cover crop to produce more vegetative matter going into the soil and didn't seem to harm the break-down process.
If I were still growing Coastal Bermuda hay, I would do an early spring experiment with the Kelp product. Coastal Bermuda spreads and thickens thru its roots system. When you cut the roots, it causes it to spread more and thicken. I would pull an aeration machine behind my tractor. It had curved rotating blades driven by ground speed. It would slice the roots and aerate the soil. Normally I'd come back with a heavy spraying of compost tea. I'd add that kelp to the mix and see what happens. I think it could be quite dramatic. Same would work well in your lawn too!
I'm going to test the kelp now too...give around 100ppm on top of the 650ppm of 1part...in the coco...then I'll run some kelp in my living soil...ty

Back