No pollen yet - howcum?

Olderfart

DIY whenever possible, and sometimes when it isn't
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Various strains, via MCT oil tincture, gummies, dry flower vaping.
Hello experienced CS reversers.

Here she/he is at ~52 days, balls starting to open, no sign of pollen that I can see. ???
Waiting for Pollen.jpg

CS stopped a week or so ago after balls were all well advanced throughout the plant.

Looks like you need to pluck the sacks and let them dry. Then shift them over a screen. They might not open up fully. Checkout @Budgie45 's thread in fem seeds.

LRM-20201228-172757.jpg

mine don't want to open fully as well.

Yes I would say you are ready to pluck and dry then sift... I think it could be strain specific on how good the CS solution works with getting good pollen... I have some strains it works real good and I can get a lot of good pollen with it other strains it doesnt work too well at all with getting much pollen. I had a walter white that said no to it completely and just flowered no matter how long I sprayed it for. Ive been using CS for the last few years and have been looking into STS thinking about giving it a go next time I go looking for pollen....

Yes I would say you are ready to pluck and dry then sift... I think it could be strain specific on how good the CS solution works with getting good pollen... I have some strains it works real good and I can get a lot of good pollen with it other strains it doesnt work too well at all with getting much pollen. I had a walter white that said no to it completely and just flowered no matter how long I sprayed it for. Ive been using CS for the last few years and have been looking into STS thinking about giving it a go next time I go looking for pollen....
I think that’s true when I sprayed couple of photo females pollen sack were huge,I sprayed a little cream auto last grow pollen sacks were tiny and I sprayed that plant for 15 days

STS thinking about giving it a go next time I go looking for pollen....
Do it I switched to STS and I'll never look back at C/S.
Since I switched I've reversed Gorilla glue auto, Bubba kush auto, Cheese auto, AK-47 Auto, Jack Here auto, Super Jack auto, Train Wreck Photo and my own crosses Super Jack and Super mango.
100% success in 8 months.
The Train wreck was stubborn but crossed over and the Bubba Kush we gave up on and I told my friend to just kill it but he procrastinated.
Three weeks later I'm at his house and I see the plant still in the corner and ask him why he didn't throw it out (He forgot LOL).
I went over to get it and throw it out and it was loaded with balls and viable pollen!
I would recommend switching 100%.
@Olderfart
I spent a few years with C/S but I found it very hit and miss.
If you pluck off some of the larger balls and let them try for a couple of days then put them on a small piece of black bristol board (dollar store)
then use the hard end of a water color brush (dollar store) mash up the balls you will be able to see the pollen on the black paper.
Next flip your brush and brush up the pollen and apply to receiving plant.
In extreme cases where you see no pollen on the whole plant I have heard people just drying and grinding up all the balls and sprinkling that on the plant and getting seeds (there may not be enough pollen to see with the eye but there could still be a little).
On the bright side if there is no pollen then you will have some nice sensimilla to smoke while you start your seed making endeavors all over again.
Good luck!:jointman:

Since I switched I've reversed Gorilla glue auto, Bubba kush auto, Cheese auto, AK-47 Auto, Jack Here auto, Super Jack auto, Train Wreck Photo and my own crosses Super Jack and Super mango.
The Train wreck was stubborn but crossed over and the Bubba Kush we gave up on and I told my friend to just kill it but he procrastinated.
Three weeks later I'm at his house and I see the plant still in the corner and ask him why he didn't throw it out (He forgot LOL).
I went over to get it and throw it out and it was loaded with balls and viable pollen!
@Olderfart
If you pluck off some of the larger balls and let them try for a couple of days then put them on a small piece of black bristol board (dollar store)
then use the hard end of a water color brush (dollar store) mash up the balls you will be able to see the pollen on the black paper.
In extreme cases where you see no pollen on the whole plant I have heard people just drying and grinding up all the balls and sprinkling that on the plant and getting seeds (there may not be enough pollen to see with the eye but there could still be a little).
On the bright side if there is no pollen then you will have some nice sensimilla to smoke while you start your seed making endeavors all over again.
I have had success just grinding up everything and sprinkling it on the plants. Watch for bud rot doing this though as the shells and other materials from the pollen sacks will just sit in the flowers as they form around it and it can cause bud rot...

I have had success just grinding up everything and sprinkling it on the plants. Watch for bud rot doing this though as the shells and other materials from the pollen sacks will just sit in the flowers as they form around it and it can cause bud rot...
Great point I have not experienced this but I wonder if it has to do with my process.
After 24 hours I spray the plant with water then it goes back in the grow room in front of the fan. this may help blow away the dried plant matter.

@Olderfart
Great suggestions @ob1 thanks for the help. I am in no hurry, and she/he is healthy, so I'll watch for a few more days, and then remove some flowers and see what I find. I may just cut off a cola and hang it in a jar with some silica gel to dry it out to see how that works.

I initially intended to go the STS route, but could not find silver nitrate for an acceptable price where I live, so I went with CS. It will be interesting to see what I get out of the mischief. :pighug:

@Olderfart
I initially intended to go the STS route, but could not find silver nitrate for an acceptable price where I live
I found 25 g of silver and 500 g of sodium thiosulfate anhydrous (smallest containers I could find) for 70 something CAD and another 70 something CAD shipping.
So it cost me about 150 CAD.
0.1 gram of silver nitrate makes me 100 ml of stock solution and 0.5 gram of sodium thiosulfate anhydrous makes 100 ml of stock solution
I refrigerate my stock solutions and mix my STS as needed.
I use 5 ml of each stock and mix with 90 ml distilled water to get 100 ml of STS which is enough to reverse a couple of plants.
stock solution I've heard will last in the fridge for up to a year in a sealed light proof container. once the stocks are mixed with distilled water the STS last for about a month (in fridge for storage and in a light proof container.)
I mix my solution in a brown glass spray bottle and wrapped the bottle in duct tape (and labeled poison)
I'm still on my first stock solutions which will make about 2000 ml of STS.
That is with .1 gram of silver multiply that by 10 it's 20000 ml per gram so 25 grams will give you 500000 ml of STS.
the way I look at it is for 150 CAD I got a life times worth of STS and my last seed run (AK-47 auto) I got 357 seeds.
At approx. 10 per seed that's about 3570 CAD so my STS has already paid for itself.
It is cheaper in the long run if you are buying C/S and probably even cheaper than making C/S when you add up the cost of silver, power supply
and it definitely takes less time to make than C/S.
I will stand behind my words "It is worth purchasing"

Good luck!

Back