Indoor Nute Burn? Will my plant survive?

Only reason I asked is peat can have a low range on pH that can be a bugger to deal with, you can be putting 6 - 6.5 water/feeds into it but the peat can lower it into 5's or even 4's with it's decomposition over time.....plus it compacts pretty good, addition of perlite and vermiculite is basically a must....nothing to really do about it now but it can be an interesting bit of research as you develop your grow style.
transplanting is up to each individual grower and we try all different kinds of ways, current grow I did direct sow into solo cups, next grow I'm starting them all in rockwool cubes......when you actually re pot them is up to you but you want to have as much of a root system as you can get within whatever starting medium you use....might be 3 or 4 nodes before you see any roots sticking out or might be first set of true leaves and root tips sticking out all over....I know, kind of vague but each plant and grower is different....you look to be off to a good start so................................... :welcome:and :goodluck:........feel free to ask any questions, we got a lot of good peeps willing to help.

Hello to everybody again. I just wanted to let you know that I am thankful for all the great replies on this thread, they are all helpful ❤

I am attaching some photos of my girl below. I think she is recovering well. Isn't she beautiful?

And a side question if anyone can help; is she in preflower? I can see few pistils sticking but not too many. The vertical growth seems like it stopped?

Also, I can see the roots sticking from the bottom just now (they weren't when I made the thread).

Is it a good idea to transplant it into a 7 gallon pot in the growth stage she is or should I just leave it as is to not further stress her?

Thanks again

Attachments

• 20220627_171224.jpg
    20220627_171224.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220627_171216.jpg
    20220627_171216.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220627_171207.jpg
    20220627_171207.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220627_171155.jpg
    20220627_171155.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 20
Hello to everybody again. I just wanted to let you know that I am thankful for all the great replies on this thread, they are all helpful ❤

I am attaching some photos of my girl below. I think she is recovering well. Isn't she beautiful?

And a side question if anyone can help; is she in preflower? I can see few pistils sticking but not too many. The vertical growth seems like it stopped?

Also, I can see the roots sticking from the bottom just now (they weren't when I made the thread).

Is it a good idea to transplant it into a 7 gallon pot in the growth stage she is or should I just leave it as is to not further stress her?

Thanks again
She looks great and very healthy now! If your seeing pistils then yes its in pre flower. Very soon youll see a growth spurt flower stretching. I cant help you to much on transplanting as i plant directly to its forever home i dont transplant autoflowers im always scared of the stress it takes on. Lol But just wanted to tell you good job fixing the issues! Im sure someone will chime in with good advice for transplanting. Keep growing! :d5:

she's looking good. Still depends. I (thant's ME!) would repot at any stage, you can imagine - same soil available. Scratch the roots slightly off the "ball" with a fork and repot.Simply water as before, don't "soak" the new pot completely. just let the fresh soil suck the "excess" of your normal feed. the roots will love the dark and aery new space.
And yes, pistils at branches - preflower. Pistils on tops, start of flowering.
If you switch to bloom nutes, its the perfect time anyway imo.

whenever I say avoid repotting, I always talk about trying to avoid becoming root-bound at all, right from the beginning.
Or "changing the earth copletely stripping the roots free and putting them in completely new soil sometime in the grow. Don't do that.

Just taking everything to a new pot, is not harmful (doing it right) imo, the opposite is true.
The mass of the root isn't that crucial (the pyramids tell a good story about that), but when plants reach barriers, they try to grow thicker roots to somehow penetrate through and extend further.
If they can grow out nicely, they have lots more small end tender roots that are perfect kapillars to suck up the nutes.

Stress to the plant? if you use different or "hot" soil for the transplant, of course. If you have the "compatible" soil and take the pre-loaded nutes into account of what you feed the next days, why should there be stress if you are careful and don't rip something off.
All said, just based on MY experience.

Cheers!

whenever I say avoid repotting, I always talk about trying to avoid becoming root-bound at all, right from the beginning.
Or "changing the earth copletely stripping the roots free and putting them in completely new soil sometime in the grow. Don't do that.

Just taking everything to a new pot, is not harmful (doing it right) imo, the opposite is true.
The mass of the root isn't that crucial (the pyramids tell a good story about that), but when plants reach barriers, they try to grow thicker roots to somehow penetrate through and extend further.
If they can grow out nicely, they have lots more small end tender roots that are perfect kapillars to suck up the nutes.

Stress to the plant? if you use different or "hot" soil for the transplant, of course. If you have the "compatible" soil and take the pre-loaded nutes into account of what you feed the next days, why should there be stress if you are careful and don't rip something off.
All said, just based on MY experience.

Cheers!
Very well put! Definitely makes sense and good advice.

Back