Indoor Nute Burn? Will my plant survive?

johnny003

New User
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post here so sorry if I miss some information.

I have begun my very first grow 1 month ago. I chose an autoflower (Seedsman Lemon). I must say, the first 2 weeks were very bad due to bad placement of my grow tent.

Anyway, since then, the plant started growing nicely and seemed like it recovered (although was stunted in height due to all the stress). The main stress caused was due to unstable humidity (ranged from 38% all the way to 100%) and temperatures (from 18 C to 33 C). I know, terrible.

However, since then I have improved the enviroinment and have the following setup:

- Tent size: 60 x 60 x 160 (in cm)

- Light: 300W LED

- I have both exhaust fan and an intake fan (on the bottom)

-The lighting schedule is 18 x 6 for the whole growth

- I watered every 2 days (when I felt like the soil was dry) and only started using vegging nutes (used only twice) (10/0/0) which I also found out were not the best option... right?

The plant age is exactly 1 month today. I will attach photos when it was around 17 days old and one from 2 days ago, which is when I saw the nute burn symptoms.

So my problem is: the tips started getting brown (as in the image). First it only started in one or two leaves and then overnight it spread more. Since discovering this, I did some research and found that flushing is needed.

Therefore, I tried to flush it. Now, I am not exactly sure what size my pot is but I used around 4.5 liters of ph balanced water (6.5ph).

Now after doing it I realized that I needed to use a LOT more water than that... another mistake

Anyway, I was measuring the runoff water's pH and it was around 5 the first time

As I continued flushing, I ended when it was around 6-6.5pH and since then (yesterday) I have left it to dry. The leaves dropped (due to the overwatering I suppose), and today, it seems like the symptoms still progress.

My question is: what should I do now? Should I just wait or do another flushing?

Any help is welcome ❤️

Attachments

• 20220613_153726.jpg
    20220613_153726.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
  • ce7d61bc-7996-430a-b34c-115189a45af8.jpg
    ce7d61bc-7996-430a-b34c-115189a45af8.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 71
im not a soil grower but looking at your tips and leaves I don't think she needs any more food also what soil is your plant it as most soil will keep a plant going for a good while without nutes depending on what make it is .anyhow so what id is just let her dry out a little now and only feed her when your pot is starting to feel a little bit light

three options imo - messing around will bring you into micro-controlling...don't mess around too much/too long.
- 1 look for a good nute line you'll use and feed her on the dryer side and watch and learn
- 2 is Option 1 + potting in a bigger/better pot...you have the size for one big pot whith good buffered soil.
- 3 get a bigger pot, pop a new bean +Opt 1 or Opt2 if theres space left (60x60 should take 2 pots, the 300w light should be sufficient as well)

or start over with what you learned already now.

I don't see any female on her yet, and she doesn't look too bad in colour, letting her grow is an option, but it may be a waste of time and effort....but said that, there are many stunted girls that give nice results in the end...i wouldn't have culled her too in the early days :)...just some options for you to think about.

Cheers.

three options imo - messing around will bring you into micro-controlling...don't mess around too much/too long.
- 1 look for a good nute line you'll use and feed her on the dryer side and watch and learn
- 2 is Option 1 + potting in a bigger/better pot...you have the size for one big pot whith good buffered soil.
- 3 get a bigger pot, pop a new bean +Opt 1 or Opt2 if theres space left (60x60 should take 2 pots, the 300w light should be sufficient as well)

or start over with what you learned already now.

I don't see any female on her yet, and she doesn't look too bad in colour, letting her grow is an option, but it may be a waste of time and effort....but said that, there are many stunted girls that give nice results in the end...i wouldn't have culled her too in the early days :)...just some options for you to think about.

Cheers.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I have started 2 other girls just in case.

I don't think transplanting her again to a bigger soil will be the best option as she seems stressed enough haha

As for the other two, do you think it will be a bad idea to put two in one big 7 gallon (27 liter) pot?

And yes, I got better nutes now and if she makes it through this I plan to really slowly introduce them.

I am also attaching a picture of how she's looking right now.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20220623_223730.jpg
    20220623_223730.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, I have started 2 other girls just in case.

I don't think transplanting her again to a bigger soil will be the best option as she seems stressed enough haha

As for the other two, do you think it will be a bad idea to put two in one big 7 gallon (27 liter) pot?

And yes, I got better nutes now and if she makes it through this I plan to really slowly introduce them.

I am also attaching a picture of how she's looking right now.

Thank you
Still looks good though. Do not give anymore nitrogen for sure thats why your leaves are so dark and starting to claw. You dont need to start nutes yet still feeding off the nutes in soil. The plant is indeed stunted (looks like my first soil run im 8 weeks in now) what soil are you using? And definitely dont transplant just let them grow naturally at this point watering until they show signs of needing fed (leaves start lightening up in color) and when you do feed start half dose of what is recommended. Maybe even less i started 1/4 strength and worked my way up.

Also dont flush again. Flushing doesnt really do anything when running in soil. Do not water until it has almost dried up. Let it breathe roots need oxygen especially if you flushed her real good. Dont let the soil get all the way dry but allow your pot to get light in weight. Lift it see how heavy it is and when it feels light, plain phd water. Give her some rest she will bounce back. First grow so as long as you keep her alive until harvest time which you will! Your next grow will go more smoothly. Keep on growing man!

she looks nice and green. That little burn is not necessarily a problem, you can for sure let her grow.
The idea of the transplant was to get soil ph back to where it should be, if it is already so out of range. And theres only little stress to the plant atm. And you can check the roots...already root-bound? I can't tell the size of the pot from the pic, but it looks really small to me? 1gal to 5 liters?
That's the sole purpose of the transplant. I don't see any signs of sex, so there should be the stretch coming, perhaps she will surprise you.

I think you didn't do that stunting growth with your nutes, this can be a problem of the seed already.
So with the backup, just let her grow and do like @RootBound420 told above.

Good Luck!

What type of soil are you using?.....looks to be very peat based with not much perlite.

Thanks everyone for the help. I really hope it is going to make it.

Some answers to some of your questions:

- for the soil, I am afraid I don't know exactly what it contains (NPK values) as I got it off a friend of mine who had his share growing cannabis. It is a mix with perlite and vermiculite though, so i thought it will be good with the drainage. However, it takes maybe more than 3 days to dry although the temps go around 25 celsius and sometime up to 28.

- regarding the sex of the plant, actually around a week ago she showed the first signs of being a female, and now I can definitely see more pistils. No stretch yet though which I think might have been caused by the stress?

I have also done some LST but it is really hard as it is really small and short, maybe 15cm?

As for the pot size, it is 7 liters (around 1.5 gallons if I am not wrong). I plan to use at least 10 liters for the next.

So for now, I will do nothing but keep an eye on the soil and feed with only pH balanced water for the next few feedings.

EDIT:
I also wanted to ask a side question for the next grow. Is it a good idea to start the seeds in a jiffy and when 3 to 4 nodes appear to transplant in this soil?

Xpert Nutrients Microbial mix

Last edited:
Don't go for experiments too much if you want to start seriously and take advantage of other peoples experience.
Get some "common" soil mix you can grab easily where you live. Same with nutes. Decide what you want to do. organic soil, soil mix or coco etc with bio or mineral nutes. Look around and "make a plan" based on what fits best to your wishes, based on what you find here.
the environment looks good already.
Do LST if "needed" theres the S for stress, even if it's low - best is no additional stress, if already in a mess.
10l will do fine..there's even an alternative...perhaps you want to look over here. I'm having a nice time with them, with no hassle.

So for now, I will do nothing but keep an eye on the soil and feed with only pH balanced water for the next few feedings.

Make it so!

Cheers

Back