Nute lockout or deficiency? Coco Perlite on Autopot system

I am using jacks 3 2 1 at 65% strength ~650ppm and 5.9ph.. and hydroguard at 2ml/gallon.
this is all under 50/50 coco.

thanks for all the help... wish me luck!

ScreenHunter_305 Nov. 19 11.08.jpg

Are you adding the Epsom salt?

Yup, I am adding epsom salt at the proper rate.

The full dose based on the recommended schedule above of Jacks 3 2 1 is roughly:
Part A (5-12-26) - 3.6g/gallon
Part B (15-0-0) - Cal Nitrate - 2.4g/gallon
Epsom Salt - 1.1g/gallon
This above schedule, which is their recommended 100% strength, has been getting me roughly 995PPM (2EC) with my 49PPM tap water. It is a little less than what they are saying my PPM levels should be above (assuming their 1200PPM chart includes a higher tap water).

With that said, I was historically using this schedule from week 5 (when I turned on my aqua valve) to week 8, when I started to see some nitrogen toxicity / signs of overwater or nute burn.. At around week 8 (beginning of flowering), I decided to lower my strength from 100% to around 50%, after turning off my aquavalve for 48 hours, thinking this would help stabilize my plants (also heard that it was not good to go above 1EC at this point).

This is when I felt the big problems arose as once I fed at 50% strength, I felt my plants were growing more yellow than before, particularly the top areas, which were the newer flowering sites. That is when I thought I may have made the mistake of either putting them into shock by dropping so far down or that these plants simply needed more nutes. The reactions of each plants were different too.

1.) The Amnesia Auto (left) which was my best plant and doing ok before I dropped nutes, just became more and more yellow and eventually leaves started dying and falling off at a much quicker rate.

2.) The Think Different (middle) actually became my best plant and has grown and not been as affected (until recently where I see minor nitrogen toxicity).

3.) The Think Different (right) which was stunted by a week, early in germination, due to overwatering, just started curling. All leaves were just curling upwards and turning brown. New sites were also starting yellow.

This all was confusing as I was not sure if this was nute burn/lockout or that I should have been feeding more and stuck with my schedule as if you saw my plants on week 7/8, it was not that bad (my grow diary) or (autoflower journal). Week 9/10 is when it started to turn bad. I also increased my nutes each week from 50% to 65% as I figured by week 9/10, they should be able to handle 65% strength (1.3EC+).

Either way, I did something wrong during week 8/9 and has turned my plants into a critical mess.

Wondering if this could help diagnosis.

Thanks

This was my schedule throughout each week. Week 6/7 is when I started to see flowering.

1606898135311.png

Attachments

• 1606898075898.png
    1606898075898.png
    55 KB · Views: 24
Did an entire flush with Florakleen and 5.9 PH water and now the wait game begins.

1.) My initial run off was 6.7PH and 700PPM/1.4EC. I know PH does not mean much in run off but does this show any issues? I never added more than 5.9PH nutrients.

2.) Given I am at around 10 weeks in and I should be harvesting at week 12, should I just start the 2 week flush at this point and not feed anything?
I know @Mañ'O'Green , you mentioned to top feed 50% nutes after my flush. Wondering if this is necessary or if I should just flush with PH water at this point? Really do not want to do any more damage but also see these buds

Thanks again for the quick help through my final stretch.

I have been hesitant to bring this into the mix but the rapid down fall of your plants health may be due to a pathogen. You stopped feeding the plants enough when they needed it the most. Do not stop feeding I feed right up to harvest. Flushing is a myth. When you keep doing things outside of my recommendation it leave me in a conundrum. I can only make recommendations base on my personal experiences.

I have been hesitant to bring this into the mix but the rapid down fall of your plants health may be due to a pathogen. You stopped feeding the plants enough when they needed it the most. Do not stop feeding I feed right up to harvest. Flushing is a myth. When you keep doing things outside of my recommendation it leave me in a conundrum. I can only make recommendations base on my personal experiences.

@jokgga I'd add to this not to use the autopot system if possible , at least not until they get better and stay well for at least a week. If you do have a pathogen or root problem, just top watering with mild strenght nutes and bennies would be best really. You would need to water at least twice a day i believe... and I think harvest time will be a bit later than you expect.
Oh and do get some additional bennies besides the mykos and hydroguard. I have saved several plants with OG Biowar root pack.

Last edited:
Agreed that this may be a pathogen issue, as I had some issues with mycelium covering the entire pot during this time along with some stagnant air issues, so the quick downfall may be from a fungus or pythium.

Will start to only top feed, to drain, going forward with Jack 3 2 1 at 40% strength and Hydroguard at full strength and report back.

Any other recommendations? @elcoloan this OG Biowar sounds great and am going to try to get that delivered this week but any other recommendation? Should I add Great White at this point, as well?

Thanks for the help @Mañ'O'Green , will continue to follow your recommendation and truly appreciate your help.

Agreed that this may be a pathogen issue, as I had some issues with mycelium covering the entire pot during this time along with some stagnant air issues, so the quick downfall may be from a fungus or pythium.

Will start to only top feed, to drain, going forward with Jack 3 2 1 at 40% strength and Hydroguard at full strength and report back.

Any other recommendations? @elcoloan this OG Biowar sounds great and am going to try to get that delivered this week but any other recommendation? Should I add Great White at this point, as well?

Thanks for the help @Mañ'O'Green , will continue to follow your recommendation and truly appreciate your help.

Well, I think Great White might just have the same effect as OGBiowar root pack while also adding the mykos that Mañ'O'Green suggested. But not totally sure.

And... other than what I already suggested as additional to Mañ'O's, why not trying to cut lights back to 20/4... i might be wrong but I when i have to get my ladies back from root problems, I figure reducing the light input (either by reduing day light, or getting them further from the plants) gives them a little break while they recover their root system to meet the needs from above.

We are all cheering for you! :pass:

Flushed fully with 8 gallons of PH water + Florakleen to get each of my plants to a run off EC of 300-400PPM (PH is still a little higher at 6.5).

At this point, I did notice a slight bad egg smell when watering , which leads me to believe that two of my plants have root rot.

I added around 40% nutrients (450PPM) and 2ML/gallon Hydroguard + Myco and will be top feeding to drain, from now until hopefully harvest.

I do think this plant (Amnesia Auto) is pretty much toast as these stems are brown and I do not see substantial buds but I am hoping if I do get some recovery, the buds may get fatter the next couple weeks.

The two think different looks ok and I think I will be able to get a harvest out of one of them.

@elcoloan - thanks for the tip on moving this down to 20/4 hours. Hopefully this will help

@Mañ'O'Green - Do you think adding some hydroperoxide or Clorox in addition to my light nutes is necessary at this point?

Amnesia Auto with brown stems and barely any leaves (thinking this one is too late but praying)..

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

OYOL1510.JPG

Dutch Passion Think Different (this one may be salvageable and does not have rot).

IMG_3071.JPG

Back