Nute lockout or deficiency? Coco Perlite on Autopot system

Reaction score
-Problem: Week 10. Is this nute lock out or nute deficiency? I have been seeing a ton of yellowing and dying leaves on my Seedsman Amnesia Auto (left) and massive curling on my Dutch Passion Think Different (right). Middle plant is another Think Different which seems to be ok with minor deficiencies.
I am not sure if my plants are showing lockout as they are not drinking from the trays as quickly now, or if it is nutrients deficiency as I have not been feeding at 100% of the recommended schedule for Jacks and I have seen both strains take on 750EC+ in other diaries with similar setup/medium (Coco/Perite). .

Res/Tray@ 6PH/653PPM. Coco slurry @ 6PH/500PPM.

-Medium/grow method: Running 4 gal AutoPots on 50/50 Cloud Coco/Perlite with Jacks 321@65% strength (653PPM). The autopots have a reservoir attached and bottom feed. I have been bottom feeding since week 5 and have done minimal top feeding since.

-Feed and supplements used: I have been using Jacks 3 2 1 at 60%, which is roughly 653PPM/1.3EC. I was doing 100% from late veg to week 1 flower (990PPM/1.9EC) and saw some nitrogen toxicity on one plant (dark green) so I dialed back to 60% in week 8 and have been slowly increasing to 75% in week 9. Also adding 2ML/G of Hydro guard and no other nutrients. This is all being bottom fed through reservoir.
I have had smaller issues since week 7 so I had dropped my nutrients to 50/60% strength and am not sure if this is the issue as I have seen both strains take on 750EC+ in other diaries with my medium (Coco/Perite). .

-Water source: Local Tap Water - 42PPM plus Jacks 321 at 60% - currently at 653PPM.

-Strain and age - Seedsman Amnesia Auto (left) and Dutch Passion Think Different (middle and right). About 10 weeks in (69 days) from seedling.

-Climate: Day Temp fluctuates between (78-81, 48%-55% RH), Night Temp (74-76, 45-55% RH). Res Temp (69-71)

- Light used: HLG 100 (4000K) and 135v2 (80% power). All lights 24/7 around 10-15inches.

- Solution: I feel I need to do a full flush with flora kleen to restart. I imagine that means, I have to take this out of the trays (some roots popping out), and fully flush to run off. Should I do this and add some nutrients (50% strength?) with the flora kleen or should I do a full flush with just flora kleen and add back to pots completely stipped?, or should I just leave until harvest (probably start to flush with PH water next week).

I do have a grow diary that shows my progress throughout. Link

See pictures below without grow light:

Setup: Seedsman Amnesia Haze (left), Dutch Passion Think Different 2 (middle), Dutch Passion Think Different 1 (left)

Setup.JPG

Seedsman Amnesia Haze

Seedsman Amnesia Auto.JPG

Seedsman Amnesia Haze closeup - Leaves up top seam to be dying although the bottom area has started to look healthier for some reason.

Amnesia Auto.JPG

Dutch Passion Think Different 1 (left)

TD 1 - No Light (2).JPG

Dutch Passion Think Different 1 closeup (left) - All leaves are curling and have gotten progressively worse up top. Bottom area seems to be looking healthier than before

TD 1 - No Light.JPG

Dutch Passion Think Different 2 (middle) - Minor def issues and maybe some nitrogen toxicity but overall looks better than others.

TD 2 middle.JPG

Setup with Light on

IMG_3024.JPG

Thanks all

I am no help, sorry. I do feel for you though, look like they were doing well before this.
Good luck.

I now feel I have a total nute lockout on the right end. I shut off my aquavalve, last night, to give these ladies some rest and the tray was empty by the morning (so my plants are drinking). Was thinking of leaving it for dry for the day and flushing tonight for a last minute push to see if I can get this finished.

Currently, I am at around 10 weeks (71 days). Both plants are supposed to be fully finished by ~12 weeks so I am thinking the following options.

1.) TopFeed flush with FloraKleen and 50% nutes to get my medium stable and then and keep my res on for another week @50% before flushing through the res with just tap water for the final week or two (if this was stunted a week). This is delaying my autoflower recommended time by a week but I do feel these plants are stunted.

2.) TopFeed Flush with FloraKleen (with 50% nutes) and start the normal autpot flush process in my res with just PH water for the next two weeks to see if I get anything.

3.) Just start the flush process through the res and hope for the best.

Looking at the buds, they do not look fully done. I see white hairs still sticking out although the buds are getting fatter. Is it possible to recover from this via top feed flushing to just get my medium healthy? I know I should not flush it completely without nutes as I am using 50/50 coco perlite, but wondering the best way to do this at this point.

Any urgent help is greatly appreciated

@blue @Mañ'O'Green @elcoloan @idiopathic neuropathy @MANNIK @St. Tom y'all been very helpful with my journal in the past.. any advice is appreciated.

Thanks all,

i would flush them youve got a lockout i sometimes get them with autopots its very common i would make some very weak newts and put it through the tops of your pots till your getting the same ec your putting in and id check your run off at the beginning

i would flush them youve got a lockout i sometimes get them with autopots its very common i would make some very weak newts and put it through the tops of your pots till your getting the same ec your putting in and id check your run off at the beginning

...what he said.

Thanks @St. Tom How would you do this at this point?

Would you recommen d I use Florakleen with some light nutes (~25% or 50%)? I was going to mix around 3 gallons worth for each auto pot (4 gallon pots) and just start pouring through the top til run off.

Should I

1,) Flush with Florakleen first and then flush with light nutes to runoff?

2.) Can I mix florakleen with light nutes and just flush to run off?

3.) Skip florakleen all together and just flush with light nutes?

Do you think 25% strengths (250PPM) would be sufficient?

My coco slurry and res are very close in EC, if that is showing anything as well.

Thanks

I think it is time for a desperation Flush 200% of the pot volume of just plain PHed 6.0 water. If that is a 2 gallon pot then run 4 gallons through it. Wait 1 hour then add 50% strength balanced nutrients with HydroGuard, Mykos, or other bennies, kelp, Humic Acid, and B-vitamins add 50 PPM of Cal-Mag. Fertigate to a 50% run-off. Do a foliar of kelp, fulvic acid and B-vitamins. Then pray to the Ganja Goddess for her blessing because you need all the help you can get.

:goodluck:

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green ... should this be top fed both flush and nutes or should I continue to add the 50% nutes to the res?

also, would florakleen be a good option to flush first, before I add nutes?

Also by 50% strength, should it be 50% of what I was putting in before (650ppm)... so around 325ppm?

What nutrients and schedule are you using now?
Yes a flush is from the top to waste. Throw it away in the yard.
Just PHed water.
50% off the chart for your nutrients.

Back