Help !!! Nute lockout or increase nutes ?

Sm0key.Gr0wz

New User
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says do I need to increase nutes or it's nute A lockout? @Mañ'O'Green

I'm a soil grower but this my First time growing in autopots and second time growing coco.Everything was goin well until they started wanting more so I decided to increase my Lights and nutes.First I started seeing purple leaf stems ,then I leaves was getting a light green color and now my top growth are yellowing with some spots like it's calmag issue.i can't check runoff ph but my trays was different from my rez at one point it was close to 7.I just spoke to Luke from autopot USA team he recommends not to feed over 1.1 ec with autopots so now I'm confused if I should cut back or increase nutes ?

Problem:All three are Yellowing on top half of the plant ,slow bud growth,purple leaf stems.spots on leaves

Medium/grow method:Autopot xl/Coco with perlite at the bottom.
3gallon rainscience
2x 5 gal geopot

Feed: and supplements used:An sensi coco bloom

water source:Tap 160ppm 0.3 ec

PH in the root zone: I'm using autopots and an sensi coco bloom I can't measure runoff but I did test the tray it was close to 6.4.

Ec/ppm (500 Hanna):700 to 780 ppm range Ec 1.4

Strain/age:Mephisto mango smile ,Fugue state,Mephistio freebie forum stomper x Northern cheese haze

light used:hlg 350r

Climate:1 week before it was upper 70s rh and 79 for temps but currently it's 77 53rh

Last pic left to right is mango smile,freebie,Fugue state

Attachments

• IMG20230407163858.jpg
    IMG20230407163858.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG20230408230114.jpg
    IMG20230408230114.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG20230408230051.jpg
    IMG20230408230051.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG20230407163851.jpg
    IMG20230407163851.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG20230407002129.jpg
    IMG20230407002129.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 30
@Sm0key.Gr0wz The first thing you need to double check is the RH of the grow space. If it is getting below 40% or above 60% transpiration can slow down or stop. This looks exactly like a deficiency when it is not, it is an environmental problem.

If you layered the perlite at the bottom of the pot this can cause issues. I don't like autopots for the inexperienced. A problem with them is nutrient soil toxicity line in the pot where the wicking power of the water stops carrying the nutrients up in the pot forming an evaporation line of concentrated nutrients that can become toxic to the plant. If you think this is happening to you you can flush your coco out. Use 50% strength nutrients and flush 200% rapidly at first because you will be washing that toxic zone into the root zone get it out of there fast then top water at least once a week. Don't top water without the flush first.

Not counting your starting water your nutrient PPM should be around 700PPM for the growth stage of your plants. :goodluck:

:toke:

@Sm0key.Gr0wz The first thing you need to double check is the RH of the grow space. If it is getting below 40% or above 60% transpiration can slow down or stop. This looks exactly like a deficiency when it is not, it is an environmental problem.

If you layered the perlite at the bottom of the pot this can cause issues. I don't like autopots for the inexperienced. A problem with them is nutrient soil toxicity line in the pot where the wicking power of the water stops carrying the nutrients up in the pot forming an evaporation line of concentrated nutrients that can become toxic to the plant. If you think this is happening to you you can flush your coco out. Use 50% strength nutrients and flush 200% rapidly at first because you will be washing that toxic zone into the root zone get it out of there fast then top water at least once a week. Don't top water without the flush first.

Not counting your starting water your nutrient PPM should be around 700PPM for the growth stage of your plants. :goodluck:

:toke:
If I'm not counting my starting water then that means Im underfeeding as well or naw cuz u saying not to count my water if so then 700ppm + tap 160ppm. My total ppm is 860. This whole grow I was adding nutes til I get to my target ec/ppm smh

Back