Olderfart's rotblock test

No, I'm in Prince Rupert. I will get home in a few days to see what went down in my absence. If the fan didn't fry in the heat, the girls may have survived. Temperatures have moderated now, for the time being, but the overall trend is pretty sobering. Over a hundred fires burning in BC at the moment, but so far none in our neighborhood. I'm half keen and half nervous to see how the plants made out. :shrug:

I watched the lightning track up your way... started a handfull on the north end of the island. After living in the Okanogan in the states with fires all around us 2 different years, it is sobering. Here's pulling for you :d5:

Week six-ish update, they survived the heat
Here they are at about six weeks.

IMG_0697.JPG

They have been on their own with water only autovalve irrigation for the last two weeks in my absence. The three Auto CBD Kush girls are healthy runts, the CBD Kush/CBD cross is, in my estimation, hungry. Larger plant in smaller pot and all that. I trimmed a few dead fans off the bottom before the photo. I will figure out some way of feeding her separately at least while I am home.

They will get another application of Rotblock later today after the temps and light back off some.

Bottom line is that the plants survived the heat, all are flowering, and it looks like there will be some CBD bud later.

Happy growing peeps, and thanks for checking in. :biggrin:

@Kyote, you were wondering how the girls made out. :pighug:

:woohoo:... you guys made out alive-- with plants no less! :pighug: even I was sweatin',....

:woohoo:... you guys made out alive-- with plants no less! :pighug: even I was sweatin',....
It must have been some hot in there, but it seems like the fan plus the open end gave them what they had to have. Now all I have to do is get the bigger girl tuned up with a bit more food.

Seven-ish weeks.
Here are the girls at about 7 weeks. No orange pistils yet, so they still have time to bulk up (hope springeth eternal...) At this point, they have the most pathetic harvest of buds of anything I have grown to flowering.

I gave them another application of RotBlock this morning. Those buds should be well inoculated by now.

IMG_0705.JPG

Happy growing peeps. :biggrin::biggrin:

Here are the girls at about 7 weeks. No orange pistils yet, so they still have time to bulk up (hope springeth eternal...) At this point, they have the most pathetic harvest of buds of anything I have grown to flowering.

I gave them another application of RotBlock this morning. Those buds should be well inoculated by now.

View attachment 1342386

Happy growing peeps. :biggrin::biggrin:
:goodluck:brother. At 65 days you still have a couple of weeks fattening up to look out for. So don't give up. At least you'll have something to give to the missus :thumbsup:

:goodluck:brother. At 65 days you still have a couple of weeks fattening up to look out for. So don't give up. At least you'll have something to give to the missus :thumbsup:
Yeah, I am sure they have a few weeks to go yet. They seem a bit slow overall, so maybe they will go longer. I will keep them growing as long as seems to be a good idea for a cbd girl - if I don't manage to kill them first... :biggrin:

Week Eight, more or less
Here they are about week 8:
IMG_0706.JPG

They had another RotBlock soaking yesterday. Still no sign of budrot mischief, and now the girls are headed into the danger zone as the buds bulk up a bit (I think, I hope...), and the weather is cool and rainy, so RH is bad. Maybe I'll get some bud out of these girls after all in spite of the crap weather. :biggrin:

Happy growing peeps. :pighug:

Nice dark purple buds there! Wonder if they will taste as sweet as they look. :)

:peace:

Here they are about week 8:
View attachment 1345220

They had another RotBlock soaking yesterday. Still no sign of budrot mischief, and now the girls are headed into the danger zone as the buds bulk up a bit (I think, I hope...), and the weather is cool and rainy, so RH is bad. Maybe I'll get some bud out of these girls after all in spite of the crap weather. :biggrin:

Happy growing peeps. :pighug:
:drool: concord grape dessert! ..... Almost there OF, watch those trich's like a fiend and don't be too picky about harvest times - :goodluck:
GTG has been seeing some crummy weather too, and the Phyter is definitely helping! So good timing on this last application, probably should be the last one,...
What an unaccountably nutters weather pattern up there, right?! ...dry roasting alive one week, now it's bloody Spring again!

Back