Olderfart's rotblock test

olderfart can i just pick your brain a min what amounts did you use on your per litre and was it the same level from start to finish

olderfart can i just pick your brain a min what amounts did you use on your per litre and was it the same level from start to finish
I used the levels suggested by Phyter, and I did not change them during the process..

Here is the advice Phyter gave me. I used the ~1 gram/liter throughout the grow.

"We use 1gram into 1 litre of water. You can use up to 5-10 grams this way as application on the Roots. Get a good sprench going. The spores become active in the water, and will need to find a host to attach to within 4 hours. So, into soil, they'll look for the roots, or the seed shell, anything that can sustain.
I imagine you will all have scales, making the measurements easy, but if not, it's about a teaspoon into that amount of water. Keep good agitation. The powder is heavier than water and will sink. So if you are using a backback sprayer, or little bottle, just keep shaking it to suspend the spores in the liquid."

As I recall, I made about a liter each time I applied, and that was used on the four plants, all of which were on the small or smaller side. I doubt that the exact concentration is that important, what really counts is making sure that all flowers are inoculated early so the the bennies are well established throughout the colas before they get vulnerable. Just my thinking though. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I used the levels suggested by Phyter, and I did not change them during the process..

Here is the advice Phyter gave me. I used the ~1 gram/liter throughout the grow.

"We use 1gram into 1 litre of water. You can use up to 5-10 grams this way as application on the Roots. Get a good sprench going. The spores become active in the water, and will need to find a host to attach to within 4 hours. So, into soil, they'll look for the roots, or the seed shell, anything that can sustain.
I imagine you will all have scales, making the measurements easy, but if not, it's about a teaspoon into that amount of water. Keep good agitation. The powder is heavier than water and will sink. So if you are using a backback sprayer, or little bottle, just keep shaking it to suspend the spores in the liquid."
Thanks bro youve been very helpful also ive had my product for a long while now so im going to use slightly more than a gram and yes i have scales and measurements spoons

Thanks bro youve been very helpful also ive had my product for a long while now so im going to use slightly more than a gram and yes i have scales and measurements spoons
More is unlikely to hurt at all. The package that they sent to me would do a lot of grows even at double the concentration. This stuff goes a long way with an application or two per week during flowering. My plants were small though, and more would be needed with larger ones. However, saving just one cola during a single grow would pay for the small jar easily. Not to mention the satisfaction of avoiding the evil rot. I hate dealing with that stuff. There is always a lot more than you think until you start separating the buds.
I've had practice... :pighug:

As I recall, I made about a liter each time I applied, and that was used on the four plants, all of which were on the small or smaller side. I doubt that the exact concentration is that important, what really counts is making sure that all flowers are inoculated early so the the bennies are well established throughout the colas before they get vulnerable. Just my thinking though. :biggrin:

Exactly. Most important part is that you get good coverage on your buds.

I didn't have great succes in my greenhouse with the product, but I must admit I don't have any control over the humidity in there. Most of the time humidity reached 99% after the sun went down. But I still got enough of the product left to use it on my new indoor garden as @Phyter was kind enough to send me a nice jar of it. :thumbsup: :toke:

I didn't have great succes in my greenhouse with the product, but I must admit I don't have any control over the humidity in there. Most of the time humidity reached 99% after the sun went down. But I still got enough of the product left to use it on my new indoor garden as @Phyter was kind enough to send me a nice jar of it. :thumbsup: :toke:

I think we were too late to help in your case. You can correct me if I'm mistaken, but many of the plants already had buds established.
Certainly the greenhouse at 99% offers a stern test, and I don't expect to have 100% success in any event. Natures tricky!

Thanks for trialling it AutoBob either way.

FWIW, RH in my test grow space also often went to 99% once the sun went down and during wet weather. How soon and how often did you apply the product?

FWIW, RH in my test grow space also often went to 99% once the sun went down and during wet weather. How soon and how often did you apply the product?
When I started I should have to look up, but the frequency was once per week. There could have been a time or two when it was 10 days between, but no more. I know in the beginning that I was a bit startled because of the white spots, but we soon found out that it was the residue of the silica which is the carrier for the spores.

When I started I should have to look up, but the frequency was once per week. There could have been a time or two when it was 10 days between, but no more. I know in the beginning that I was a bit startled because of the white spots, but we soon found out that it was the residue of the silica which is the carrier for the spores.
Once per week is all I did, and I missed one week early on due to absence from home. I think I started at first sign of actual flowers but I would have to dig through the journal to check. My test plants produced airy buds, likely due to the soil, so my escape from the evil rot may have been helped a bit by that. OTOH, I have grown airy buds down there before, and all plants down there got hit by bud rot. On balance, I think the Rotblock kept me out of the glue, and I will certainly use it in any outdoor grow I take on here in future. :biggrin:

Back