[OPINIONS WANTED] How do YOU determine harvest window?

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
I certainly have my own opinions on this, but I was curious how all of you felt about the determination of when to harvest? @Cultivators @Global Moderators @Admin

What make you decide on when to chop your plants?

No right answers, no wrong answers, just curious how everyone is making their determinations.

Buds have fully swollen, trichomes are fully cloudy with a little amber…..although from my experience not all autos amber for some reason….but I’m really looking for nice milky trichomes and fat buds.

Hello i go by the tric's 90%cloudy10%amber if indica for night time if sativa i go 90%cloudy 10% clear as i like a racey high in the day time :smoking:

Autoflower: Don’t bother to look until all pistils receded and trichs have a dull look to the naked eye. Once close, I’ll scope at multiple areas of the plant.
Indicas taken at 20 percent amber.
Sativa leaners are chopped at first sign of amber.
Photoperiods are another story.

Autoflower: Don’t bother to look until all pistils receded and trichs have a dull look to the naked eye. Once close, I’ll scope at multiple areas of the plant.
Indicas taken to 20 percent amber.
Sativa leaners are chopped at first sign of amber.
Photoperiods are another story.

You harvest your photoperiods differently than your autoflowers?

You harvest your photoperiods differently than your autoflowers?
Yes. I like my photos more amber. Not sure why, but I found photoperiods need to be a bit more amber for the heavy effects I look for. I hate racy weed.

I harvest by looking at the trichs. All cloudy some amber. I would say 10% are amber but thats just a judgment thats not easy or perfect so I also like a good fade and 90% or so of the pistols to be receded kinda a combo of all three really but the trichs is the main. Like most. I got a usb scope. So If you need the pics of the trichs for the harvest milestone not a problem here

Last edited:
Back