[OPINIONS WANTED] How do YOU determine harvest window?

Me to I have to turn my fans off... But most time I'm to lazy... And where I'm trying to capture pic my hand done move 3 inches... Lol
I use a tripod, after trying pretty much everything else. It really makes no difference whether you use a phone, a usb/wifi microscope, loupe, Carson microscope or anything else. At the magnification needed to see trichomes clearly, the image will be compromised by plant or magnifier movement. Lot of peeps successfully use blurry images effectively enough, but it ain't my cuppa. :biggrin: :pighug:

I snip a tiny piece of bud and put it under my usb cam. If cbd strains, I harvest while there are still some clear trichomes. Indica I wait for some amber as that is for sleep. Lots of times I cut the indica with some cbd isolate.

Hey all.Figured I would lend my 2 opinion. Since pretty much everyone says predominantly the same thing as harvest window goes.And its a good overall rule to use starting out. What I would like to add is about catching the yum.as I call it or yummy hunting with certain strains. smells like an old school piece of fruit strips gum n juicy fruit. and you are thinking deeewd,this gonna be good,but you wait a week or so and its gone or ya harvest too late and tastes barely what you smelled(you then are like damnnn lol). because you can catch that pheno morphing to a riper state of maturity. Typically its a little earlier in the cycle by a handful of days ime. more often there is 5 percent amber (to barely any amber at times) or so with most a medium cloudy to a darker deep white which on some strains is hard to get seems like. so gotta pay attention. because if you go further you will loose that smell because it goes deeper into the pheno and ripening phase.Then,that'll be a mere shadow on some strains.then ya gotta start over. But I tend to let em go till there roughly 10 to 20 percent n how they smell too. works well on many strains youve grown prior to that you smelled something you wanna catch.

Has to be ripe though,non of this half clear half white,which Ive done ,and caught a few really yummy strains but not incredibly medical but tastes great and you are totally high too.so,just what ya want out of the harvest. Hope that was understood well enough. lol Thanks :pass:

001.JPG
004.JPG
006.JPG
013.JPG
020.JPG
021.JPG

Back