Organic Forum Discussion

what do you think it is ,over feeding heat or need to add some more calmag...
Bro, I'm not going to be able to help much with any kind of hydroponics... sorry. They look over-watered to me but, heck, they're sitting in water, so...

To be honest, I didn't know there was a such thing as an hydroponic, organic grow. Is it called that strictly because you aren't using chem ferts? Or, is there more involved?

I understand that the success starts in the soil mix. However I have limited funds, time and space to go and create my own. Is Miracle Grow Potting Mix a ggod choice?

:bong:nope...mg is bad stuff...im usin fox farms light warrior...lots of options out there...as usual someone a little more informative will come along but stay away from miracle grow please....even the organic..peace and green kharma

Is Miracle Grow Potting Mix a ggod choice?
Not really... But, for about the same price, I recently found a new organic mix from Vigoro at Home Depot. I used it for a base and really liked it. They have "organic soil" and "organic potting mix". You want the potting mix.

I don't know what your budget is but for about $50 we could help you put a mix together that would get you through the grow without needing to add ferts... let me know. We'll be happy to help. :peace:

http://www.blueplanetnutrients.com/...=190#!/~/product/category=1353116&id=19994593

hey testerx, i'd like to get your input on this line up, i'm looking to get some new nutrients and would like to go fully organic but i don't have the set up to compost or create my own soil, and pricing on this blue planet organic line looked nice but i a nutrient newb, i go with less is more, i bought the fox farm trio when i first got started and didn't really know any better and i still haven't used all of that over 6 grows now.

how's the info/ ingredient list look to you guys? anyone have experience with blue planet nutes?

hey testerx, i'd like to get your input on this line up, i'm looking to get some new nutrients and would like to go fully organic
Maybe someone who has experience with bagged and bottled organics will come by and shed some light. I really just don't have a clue. :peace:

how's the info/ ingredient list look to you guys? anyone have experience with blue planet nutes?
The nutrient list is fine and the sources the nute mixes used look great. I just don't have any experience growing that way... I sincerely apologize.

Last edited:
Testerx Hey there Brother.Gots me a query man,Ive been planting in Earth and soils for years.But Im a touch behind the curve since Im coming back after ,ohhh say 20+ years or there abouts.My question is since Ive not stayed upto date,whats a somewhat cheap'ish soil and/or soils mix thats got AWESOME drainage?I can add a small bag of seedling mix to the top 2 inches if there is not much since I much prefer to Germ in my pot she'll finish in.Thanks bro.3 part mix or,I dunno LMAO Im soo behind the learnng curve.I know OF many products such as Sunshine mix but thats a touch expensive for 3.8 compressed CF.

A lot has to do with your budget. You don't have to have a big budget but it does increase one's options. :D

You need a good, organic base... on the inexpensive side, you can use chicken compost from Home Depot or Lowes (what I would use) and a base like the one I mentioned from Vigoro. You'll get some decent microbial activity from the mushroom compost but the broader the spectrum, the better... that's where the guano's come in.

From here, I need to know more about your budget and personal situation to offer much valid advice. Bear in mind, the cost of the base is a one time investment and there are usually enough amendments left over to get you through several grows... most importantly, you never have a nute deficiency and the mix continues to get better with age.

Getting something to drain well, is easy... sand or perlite mixed in with everything else. I prefer perlite. :peace:

Well Brother I have a couple hundred bucks to spend On soils alone and I'm doing Autos exclusivley outdoors in no less than %-10 Gallon smart Pots.Back when I knew what I was truly talking about Roster manure was king many yrs. ago.Im sure thats prolly changed tho.Is that enough intel my good man? :)

That helps! :D How much mix are we trying to make? Do you have access to a decent grow shop?

Back when I knew what I was truly talking about Roster manure was king
Mushroom compost is composed of composted chicken manure and some sort of humus, peat, etc. In the original state it is VERY hot. The product that is bagged has been used for mushrooms already which makes it more "plant friendly" since it has also cooked down quite a bit by the time we buy it. :D

We have mods who are more knowledgeable than I am...

Any time you guys want to chime in, please do. Especially, if I get off a bit on my advice.

Meantime, I'm happy to assist. Just FYI, I may not be on much longer tonight but I'll answer anything I see as soon as I log in again. :thumbs:

Back