Nutrients Pesticides - WTF are you Spraying?

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
I figured I needed a thread with a catchy title!

afn-ipm-graphic.png

I have a guide/tutorial I've been working on that talks about pesticide use in cannabis gardening, and I was just curious what you all are using for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) in your garden (or if that's too fancy phrased, "what are you spraying, doing, or using in your garden to keep down pests and pathogens"?

Name brand bottles?

Mix of things in the ol' spice cabinet?

Raided the top drawer of your clothes dresser to put a few drops of those loving-making "essential oils" into your gardening repertoire to either kill bugs or to just make it a very sexy environment for them?

What's your go-to?

Last edited:
I use Mosquito Bits (bti) regularly as a preventative for fungus gnats and it works well. I've had pretty good results outdoors with Lost Coast Plant Therapy for aphids and pwm

I love Lost Coast Plant Therapy; I've used it commercially at every cannabis farm I've worked at and recommend to virtually anyone/everyone for cannabis lol.

I love Lost Coast Plant Therapy; I've used it commercially at every cannabis farm I've worked at and recommend to virtually anyone/everyone for cannabis lol.
It's good stuff. I like that it can be sprayed daily when necessary and up until harvest. It's the best general purpose spray I've found

For bugs in the soil I've used these nematodes a number of times and they worked. For bugs on the plants, I just religiously spray with water and rub the water into the leaves and stems to .are sure everything gets wet.

FUNGUS GNAT EXTERMINATOR Beneficial Nematodes are microscopic worms that seek out and destroy over 200+ kinds of soil dwelling insects
Screenshot_20240114_122542_Chrome.jpg

What's your go-to?
Fortunately n/a for a while now 🤞

sticky traps

Never used anything indoors 'cept a sticky fly catcher.

Same...I've been pretty lucky for multiple grows now considering I just use organic bag soil in SIPs these days, and wipe the tent and equipment down with 91% alcohol or peroxide between grows. Yellow stickies do pick up a few folks occasionally still, but they're like the canary for the coalmine if nothing else :baked:

IMG_20240113_081237749_HDR2.jpg

I do know a lot of folks aren't so fortunate due to scale, environment, etc.

The only pesticide I use, adding just a drop or two (even that's more than needed) to every feeding, is liquid Microbe-Lift BMC (Biological Mosquito Control), very highly concentrated Bt toxin.

Over the years a few times for preventative purposes (such as after seeing parts of a leaf/leaves were eaten) I've sprayed pre-bloom plants with permethrin (a synthetic analog of 'natural' pyrethrins); and/or 'fumigated' the tent by closing it up with several No-Pest Strips, with the insecticide eventually saturating the air and killing any surface or flying insects while not affecting the plants at all (pesticide vapor simply not taken up by, not sticking to, etc. the plants).

So far, only insecticides have been mentioned. The topic, pesticides, is much broader, includes any pest-targeted agents, including fungus/mold treatments and preventatives, anti-bacterial and antiviral treatments, rodenticides, other anti-animal (deer, birds, etc.) treatments, plant growth regulators, herbicides used against other plants, etc. And there are other ways of using pesticides besides spraying.

Back