Plants seem to be falling behind…

Iv been suspecting that the soil has been my problem but wasn’t sure. For the compost I was using bagged compost from the store for planting.
If you go back to peat, I can’t recommend this compost enough. It’s free of all animal products which makes it a little easier to calculate/use with other amendments IMHO.
FYI: I’m only a happy customer & have no affiliation with this company.
IMG_2309.jpeg

If you go back to peat, I can’t recommend this compost enough. It’s free of all animal products which makes it a little easier to calculate/use with other amendments IMHO.
FYI: I’m only a happy customer & have no affiliation with this company.
View attachment 1640531
How can it possibly be "free of all animal products," if the main ingredient is worm castings?

How can it possibly be "free of all animal products," if the main ingredient is worm castings?
There are no worm castings in their compost.
They do sell worm castings.

I often think we have a tendency to overthink our grows. Just started another tent using year old HF ammeded with off the shelf Osmocote Plus. Been doing well for me.

I often think we have a tendency to overthink our grows. Just started another tent using year old HF ammeded with off the shelf Osmocote Plus. Been doing well for me.
I agree. I use ground rabbit poop, banana peels, comfrey, & much more of my own stuff. I like the compost for top dressing.
I reuse my soil as well.

Come on guys soil is not hard , yes there is a learning curve , but once you have the basics it is a easy way to go . any first time grower is going to have a hard time first up with any medium they grow with , We have the info on site for all types of growing with a lot of very experienced growers in all styles , what we should do is steer them to that medium they like , chopping and changing just seems to confuse them . :thumbsup:

I have two autoflower plants growing In my tent, a Fast Buds Green Crack, and a Barney's farm White Widow. Today is day 20 and they seem to be behind based off of other pictures Iv seen. This is my first grow so I don't have another grow to reference. How behind are my plants and what could I do to help them? The White Widow seems to have some discoloration to the leaves but the Green Crack seems to be a nice dark green. The Green crack does also seem to have a mutation of some sort. I am growing them in 5 gal soft pots with a mix of compost, peat moss, perlite and vermiculite. Temp is averaging about 75° F. Light is on an 18-6 schedule and is about 18” away from the plants. Watering when soil gets dry about once a week
What kind of light are you running?

Whats the max wattage and do you have any kind of manufacturer supplied PAR map?

Also what kind of soil are you using?

Also how often are you watering/feeding?

Number 1 thing when starting is do not go overboard on pretty much anything and if you bought a ready to use soil, like pretty much any bagged potting soil you dont need to feed for almost 6 weeks. Water only when the pot is significantly lighter than when its fully saturated, rule of thumb is between 50-70% lighter than fully saturated. I know this thread is older so I hope they turned around for ypu but if I remember right even the auto varieties of these 2 are slow growing.

Water only when the pot is significantly lighter than when its fully saturated, rule of thumb is between 50-70% lighter than fully saturated.
Respectfully disagree.. always aim for even hydration in your medium.. no wet/dry cycles.. if your pots dry out that much, youll get hydrophobic soil and kill off alot of beneficial bacteria unnecessarily.

Back