Plants seem to be falling behind…

Respectfully disagree.. always aim for even hydration in your medium.. no wet/dry cycles.. if your pots dry out that much, youll get hydrophobic soil and kill off alot of beneficial bacteria unnecessarily.
I lean towards 50% but its exactly what man o green told me when i was having issues. If theres a surfactants in the soil it shouldnt become hydrophoc after losing 50% of its water weight, i should have proof read too 50-60% not 70

Respectfully disagree.. always aim for even hydration in your medium.. no wet/dry cycles.. if your pots dry out that much, youll get hydrophobic soil and kill off alot of beneficial bacteria unnecessarily.
How do you get the soil so it is evenly hydrated?
Surely there must be a wet dry cycle, I don't understand how you can keep it evenly hydrated.

How do you get the soil so it is evenly hydrated?
Surely there must be a wet dry cycle, I don't understand how you can keep it evenly hydrated.
By adding small amounts of water frequently from the top and bottom.. It took alot of trial and error.. but with the right amount of aeration and good soil composition its easy. My pots never dry out. :d5:

Back