Problem photoperiod plant and slugs from hell!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Good morning . This year I decided I would try to do a couple of regular photoperiod plants outdoors , like nature intended. So I have 6 of them . About an even split of blueberry muffin from humboldt seed company and New England hazy kush from Kyle of predicative breeding . I used the build a soil reamend kit they sell to refresh my soil I used from the last auto run plus a few scoops of fresh compost from different sources like they recommended. I wet the soil and let it sit out and compost for a few weeks before using, then transplanted my seedlings into it. Oh. And I did half in 10 gallon fabric pots and the other half straight into the soil that I have been building for a couple of years now. Well, it worked! I have 5 super healthy looking plants that look amazing. 2 out of 3 of the ones I planted into my flower bed are feet taller then I am! And the ones in the pots aren’t as tall but they are big beautiful healthy looking plants. They haven’t started to flower yet. I expect they will when the days start to get shorter sometime next month. Plant number 6 looks like this though(see last picture) . It’s drooping something awful and just looks unhappy. I’m curious if anyone has any ideas why? I think maybe it’s been overwatered. The plants I have in the pots are drinking roughly 2 gallons of water per day. I soak the pots in the morning and the next day the pots are super light and emptied of water! The ones I put in the ground don’t seem to need nearly as much water . Maybe I’ve been overdoing it the ground doesn’t seem to need it so I’m going to ease up on the watering every 2 or 3 days and see if it helps. Now on to the second issue we’re having. . Since I started growing for my medical reasons It’s really ignited an interest in gardening, we’ve been growing a little bit of everything,the last few seasons. This year, our veggie garden went crazy! Lip until last weeks hot weather we have been cutting a bit of lettuce off and making fresh salads every night for dinner. Now the lettuce has finally started to bolt , but we will start some new ones up when it gets a little cooler outside. Anyways, we have a bumper crop of tomatoes and peppers . As soon as the tomato starts to get ripe it seems that a slug finds it and burrows inside. It happens every time! I never see any during the day they seem to come only at night. But I really don’t want to lose my whole crop of tomatoes to these little bastards.what should we do?

Attachments

• 6C803FF9-8B65-4204-BF16-705639C604D5.jpeg
    6C803FF9-8B65-4204-BF16-705639C604D5.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 653EA9D8-D3BD-484C-94C0-16E3AB553CDC.jpeg
    653EA9D8-D3BD-484C-94C0-16E3AB553CDC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 24
  • ABC1C884-BF58-498D-B215-E4D281F73142.jpeg
    ABC1C884-BF58-498D-B215-E4D281F73142.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • 4A910E8D-D3A5-4C9C-B29C-3DC76CDB262D.jpeg
    4A910E8D-D3A5-4C9C-B29C-3DC76CDB262D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
  • FD4277ED-AA88-46E1-ADFC-838C24F7CD67.jpeg
    FD4277ED-AA88-46E1-ADFC-838C24F7CD67.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: JP1
Not sure where your at but in the US any grocery store has Choreboy scrub pads, they are made of copper and can be easily pulled into a longer shap and wrapped around the stem for a barrier.....can remember Grandma using them so long ago in her garden....

yeah I read that a copper barrier can work. Hadn’t thought of that before. . I coffee and diatomaceous earth work ok. Until it rains and washes it away. I may try that chore boy trick. Thanks!

Copper tape around the base of the plant? Please elaborate. I went out there last night and sprayed green monstahs IPA spray that he talks about on his podcast, plus diatomaceous earth, plus put coffe grounds around the base of the plant . Had two more tomatoes that were starting to ripen and they got to them too! It’s really really frustrating after all that work . I finally get a bumper crop of tomatoes and it looks like the slugs are gonna ruin every single one! I need a break from the garden today before I set the damned thing on fire! At least my weed plants look good! (Better knock on wood!)

I haven’t watered the other plant that was looking so unhappy for a couple of days now and it looks like it’s doing a bit better today. I’m used to growing them in pots . The ones I did in 10 gal pots are drinking like 2 gallons of water a day. But the ones in the ground seems like I can get away with only watering them once or twice a week.these are the first photos I’ve attempted to grow so I’m sure they’re going to be different than what I’m used to. Always trying to improve on every run

You can use copper weatherstrip.

Back