New Grower Purple Jems question...

yeah wiz's dry out tip has saved me many times already! if they aren't dry enough the case swells but doesn't crack and the embryo dies off... if they are dry enough the case cracks when the seed starts to grow and allows the tap root to seek soil.

Cool,:)
Well I guess I jumped the gun a day or two ealry cuz I just looked at them and 3 of them had nice tap root ect..1/2" long,I think they might have been to deep also,not sure but I was wrong about the seeds...
I guess they just take way way longer then I thought,I'v never waited more then 2-3 days for sprouts,and these took atleast 4-5 days,some maybe longer...weird,,

I've consistenly had 4-5 days with mine that were properly dried and all....

well thatsgood to know:)
This is the first time I ever bought seeds so they could be a bit different,more dry ect....
I just looked at the green-o-matic seeds again,and just 2 hours ago they were just a cracked seed,
There is 3 of them standing 1/2" tall,this is awesome concidering I counted these seeds out before they even sprouted,lol...so by the time I get the purple jems these things should be well on there way,now that 3 of them are up I dont feel so bad about spending 50 bucks,lol...sad part is the one I killed was very vigoruous,in 3 days it had a little mini root system kinda,lol...suck I broke it but I learned to be more gentle:)

I've had a couple of those little 6 inchers... right next to a 15 incher lolol. i love those runts every now and then, i always keep em and they seem to give me the most exotic lttle eye candy. gems indeed.

I've had a couple of those little 6 inchers... right next to a 15 incher lolol. i love those runts every now and then, i always keep em and they seem to give me the most exotic lttle eye candy. gems indeed.

Sounds pretty neat:)
So just how common is a "runt" in autoflowers?? Depends on strain??
Everytime I see a little tiny 6" tall auto,it makes me smile...weed has came so far,lol...now we have 6" plants instead of 6 footers:D

Sounds pretty neat:)
So just how common is a "runt" in autoflowers?? Depends on strain??
Everytime I see a little tiny 6" tall auto,it makes me smile...weed has came so far,lol...now we have 6" plants instead of 6 footers:D

it depends really. I have seen a few but every time they seem to impress me. Actually the mother plant of my JEM project was a 6in pheno and none of the off spring have been any smaller that 10in LOL.

The main reason i have them show is because i have stressed the root ball and then its over. Once you do that they done get much bigger, or you keep them small by limiting their grow space, e.g. 2inx2in rock wool cube or a small 80z cup. This comes in handy for males when breeding and wanting to get a roll under way.

it depends really. I have seen a few but every time they seem to impress me. Actually the mother plant of my JEM project was a 6in pheno and none of the off spring have been any smaller that 10in LOL.

The main reason i have them show is because i have stressed the root ball and then its over. Once you do that they done get much bigger, or you keep them small by limiting their grow space, e.g. 2inx2in rock wool cube or a small 80z cup. This comes in handy for males when breeding and wanting to get a roll under way.

Nice info FullDuplex,
I realy like the way u were doing the party cup autos,then replanting to bigger pots after they sex...
This seems like an awesome idea,and all urs looked great:p
Im kinda thinking sometime doing a sea-of-green useing the red party cups "18oz"...It seems like autos adapt better to their enviroment then non autos,but I have know idea! haha...
Iv seen some nice looking 6-10" autos that were grown in just a party cup,and yeilded like 7-14 grams a piece...
I was thinking the other day,instead of me filling 4 containers with soil ect...I was thinking I could just dump all the soil in the bottom of the tote,to maximize hight?? It seems like it would be pretty cool getting like 6-8 little autos going at once:)

Nice info FullDuplex,
I realy like the way u were doing the party cup autos,then replanting to bigger pots after they sex...
This seems like an awesome idea,and all urs looked great:p
Im kinda thinking sometime doing a sea-of-green useing the red party cups "18oz"...It seems like autos adapt better to their enviroment then non autos,but I have know idea! haha...
Iv seen some nice looking 6-10" autos that were grown in just a party cup,and yeilded like 7-14 grams a piece...
I was thinking the other day,instead of me filling 4 containers with soil ect...I was thinking I could just dump all the soil in the bottom of the tote,to maximize hight?? It seems like it would be pretty cool getting like 6-8 little autos going at once:)

Thank you sir i appreciate it! :thumbs:

and about the multi potting, Its actually a great idea and works well id say 95% of Wiz's grows are multi potted.

28.jpg

17.jpg

75.jpg

Wiz uses big pots and sows multiple plants in one container, He always has very nice babies so it seems like it works great...

On the note about the "Runt Phenotypes" and I just wanted to tell you that even with restricted root space sometimes there is a "Monster/Amazonian Phenotype" like an ALF#3 that I had once...

Check out my Amazonian Auto's thread, I had an Afghan Little Fuck #3 in an 8" pot and it got 4'9" and yielded 3 1/2-4 ounces Its also the plant in my avatar picture...

The "Runt Phenotype" auto's that I've had show have finished as soon as 45 days, I figure its because of the small size...
I usually get rid of them and replace them but when I'm not growing for cash I'll let them go...

Peace y'all!!!

Back