New Grower Purple Jems question...

B

bradley666

Hey guys,
So lat week I recieved my first auto seeds,they were green-o-matics and they kinda looked pale and big for seeds but what do I know,lol...
Anyways so far 2 out of 5 seeds cracked,and I killed one trying to plant it:(

Anyways,if they come up then we will see what happens...
On nother note I just put my money order in the mail for 10 regular Purple Jems!
Cant wait,lol...
I know I have heard alot of people talking about how good it is ect,and I'v seen the pics..."which are gorgeous!" ..but theres not much info at all on them,or I cant find it,lol...

Fot the ones that grew this strain,what are ur opinions on the growth,ave hieght ect? I know it depends on the container size but...
I think read on the breeder pack online ,it said like 30-45cm or somthing?
Does this sound right?
Any info would be great! :)
Thanks

What would you like to know?

The smell is sweet and floral for the most part. I have had skunk smells, spiced cherry smells, and my fav incense smell. Right now if you get them from JD you may or may not get color from them
the green pheno is really dom in the 10 pack i bought.

As you stated the size depends on the container and how you transplant them if you dont start them in the finishing container. I recommend a tiered potting plan to allow better root drop to allow a bigger plant.
The growth is slow at first the first 2 weeks they are little and then at about 2.5 weeks they take off like a bottle rocket and explode into growth. I have seen then as tall as 15'' and as short as 4 it all comes back to the way that you grow them

all in all its a great starter auto and they will please you the first time you smoke them. I havent been let down yet and they are a staple in my grow room :)

Man, the way you describe them makes me drool. They sound soo yummy and with the color might could pass as an exotic flower.

I have had anyware from a 6 inch one to a 30+ incher. Some are great while others not so much. There is a nice skunky pheno if you find it.

I didn't get much color, until i put some outside. Color just wasn't in my indoor rolls. I would still be playing with it, If i didn't have so much work do to on other X's.

What would you like to know?

The smell is sweet and floral for the most part. I have had skunk smells, spiced cherry smells, and my fav incense smell. Right now if you get them from JD you may or may not get color from them
the green pheno is really dom in the 10 pack i bought.

As you stated the size depends on the container and how you transplant them if you dont start them in the finishing container. I recommend a tiered potting plan to allow better root drop to allow a bigger plant.
The growth is slow at first the first 2 weeks they are little and then at about 2.5 weeks they take off like a bottle rocket and explode into growth. I have seen then as tall as 15'' and as short as 4 it all comes back to the way that you grow them

all in all its a great starter auto and they will please you the first time you smoke them. I havent been let down yet and they are a staple in my grow room :)

Hey the FullDuplex.
Thanks for the info my friend:)
And ya I got the joint doctors purple gems,first time Iv seen them in stock ina while,lol...
They sound like amazing little plants,I'v seen some killer pics of some and started drooling:p
I am using "baby wipes" containers,there perfect size for my little growbox,as I can fit 4 of them in perfectly,
I am guesing that they hold around 1/2gallon of of soil or so...considering I want short girls I think these will work perfect!
I cant wait to get them,Im excited!
Ordered from herbies,heard they are awesome and the responded to my questions fast!

I have had anyware from a 6 inch one to a 30+ incher. Some are great while others not so much. There is a nice skunky pheno if you find it.

I didn't get much color, until i put some outside. Color just wasn't in my indoor rolls. I would still be playing with it, If i didn't have so much work do to on other X's.

Funny how every once ina while they throw out a little 6",haha:p
I dont mind,they look gorgeous and sound like very fast growing/flowering plants...

They are a great auto! Also a very good breeding tool.

I haven't seen a JEM cross yet that didn't show some kind of color.

18.jpg

Funny how every once ina while they throw out a little 6",haha:p
When you mix a photo with an AF there is a Difinitive 8 inch pheno...

I got a Russian cross stuck on one and it took me 3 generations to get it back up to a Standard 12-14 incher.

18.jpg

When you mix a photo with an AF there is a Difinitive 8 inch pheno...

I got a Russian cross stuck on one and it took me 3 generations to get it back up to a Standard 12-14 incher.

Hey there Wiz,
From the first time I heard about auto's...and how short they can be I pretty much fell in love,lol...
Between the low height and fast maturing,I cant wait to get some of these auto's outside:)
I have yet to even attempt a grow outside,but all I do is fish cuz I love the woods,so all summer long "every" summer I scout areas and see what would work and what wont ect...
And since these thing are "usealy" under 2 feet,they would be almost imposible to see in brush...
I'v been reading alot of great things about this strain,and cant wait to get the seeds so I can get started!
Kinda dissapointed with the green-o-matics,hell even after getting a seed to crack and planting them ect,I still have yet to see any pop out of the soil,they have been in paper towels,then after a while just planted in the soil ect...
This is the first time I have ever had seeds not crack or sprout...
Weird thing is I know someone growing green-o-matics,they ordered from the same place,same dat I did pretty much,and all 20 of his seeds not only sprouted,but are all up and looking great!
Guess next time I should read more before I buy somthing,lol...lesson learned:D

From the first time I heard about auto's...and how short they can be I pretty much fell in love,lol...
Me too...
the other thing for me was the finish time..I wanted to try them for Meds..and I was Desperate...:lol:

Kinda dissapointed with the green-o-matics,hell even after getting a seed to crack and planting them ect,I still have yet to see any pop out of the soil,they have been in paper towels,then after a while just planted in the soil ect...
I tell everyone..if you get them by post...put them to dry for a couple of days dry and warm.
They need to be dry to Crack the calyx.

Not much help now..
But..try it next time..it Seems to work...:thumbs:

Weird thing is I know someone growing green-o-matics,they ordered from the same place,same dat I did pretty much,and all 20 of his seeds not only sprouted,but are all up and looking great!
Typical..

Guess next time I should read more before I buy somthing,lol...lesson learned:D
It is what it is all about...

Have a great weekend.........:smoke:

Back