...reboot time, now under it's true name Phyter!

:toke: Hi Bryon!

I'll tag folks in here to help answer their specifics, but most if not all are starting from seeds... I'm betting @Growtogrow and @Jean-O already have some their photo's started, but not outside yet. Auto's will be, of course, all seeds and start dates are going to be all over the map as we get going!
I'm betting a good number of the Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition will be interested; that gets started tomorrow, but most folks won't be officially going for some weeks yet...

I'm sure folks will be willing to apply Phyter on seeds/seedlings, but I can't say how much of an issue they are having at this stage,... I have no pathogen issues during this time, but better germ'/emergence is always a welcome! The big caveat is, nobody is sowing many seeds at once, most will be small plant count numbers so it'll be impossible to really read anything into the results...?
That said, sweating germination is a thing! Some of the fem seeds are ridiculously expensive (have you ever looked at the prices on cannabis seeds, fem especially? It's stunning frankly in most cases) :nono:.... So, with the costs and limited numbers, each seed is something folks will be game on upping the odds on!

Wanted to jump in and mention again something @Waira has pointed out, and I hope was made clear last summer. Microbials are and can be wonderful remedies and solutions to many growers problems. But they aren't a silver bullet or panacea. The products my company make, are meant to be applied prior to incidence. We work best in areas where problems have been seen in the past, and the pathogen has been able to overwinter in furough or soil, and are waiting for new plantings to attach and become active again.

That being said, I'm curious as to the timeline of when everybody plants, and when things would need to be ready for?
Are there any growers from seed? or mostly clones?
Any interest in a trial with the product in a formulation to help clones/cuttings or seeds, to protect against soil/seed borne pathogens? In crops like lettuce, or even peas, we have success with better germination numbers, and better emergence. I know clonal loss can be a huge problem.

Cheers guys.

My seeds will be startng around May 6th.

Then I wouldn't be a good tester as I've actually just started growing here and not outside at all. So not sure what pathogens have overwintered.

:toke: Hi Bryon!

I'll tag folks in here to help answer their specifics, but most if not all are starting from seeds... I'm betting @Growtogrow and @Jean-O already have some their photo's started, but not outside yet. Auto's will be, of course, all seeds and start dates are going to be all over the map as we get going!
I'm betting a good number of the Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition will be interested; that gets started tomorrow, but most folks won't be officially going for some weeks yet...

I'm sure folks will be willing to apply Phyter on seeds/seedlings, but I can't say how much of an issue they are having at this stage,... I have no pathogen issues during this time, but better germ'/emergence is always a welcome! The big caveat is, nobody is sowing many seeds at once, most will be small plant count numbers so it'll be impossible to really read anything into the results...?
That said, sweating germination is a thing! Some of the fem seeds are ridiculously expensive (have you ever looked at the prices on cannabis seeds, fem especially? It's stunning frankly in most cases) :nono:.... So, with the costs and limited numbers, each seed is something folks will be game on upping the odds on!

The price is exactly why I asked. I also know that the licensed producers, in Canada at least, take it very seriously. Losses damage bottom line.

Then I wouldn't be a good tester as I've actually just started growing here and not outside at all. So not sure what pathogens have overwintered.

Would still be useful. Botrytis (bud rot), works a bit differently. Foliar spray definitely worth looking at. Should also see impact in absence of disease incidence.

The price is exactly why I asked. I also know that the licensed producers, in Canada at least, take it very seriously. Losses damage bottom line.
:rofl:-- indeed, I'm sure you know well!... the question was rhetorical mostly, and how I still marvel at the bloody costs! Seed price is why a couple commercial growers I've asked about concerning auto' grows have waved it off as a non-starter... :yoinks:even bulk $'s!

Bryon, have you considered sending the same amount of product as the previous round? I forget what that was, about 200g maybe? Enough to treat several (smaller sized) plants for the season....

@Phyter :toke::hookah:
Well it sounds really promising. I like the fact that he uses microbes.:hump:

So I have to ask the question. How does it work with other foliar microbe enriched teas? Such as Boogie Brew or even home based made micro teas.
Also, will it work in a fogger? As I plan to use a fogger as my preferred method of applying this year.
But I won't be applying Boogie Brew tea or my home made microbe rich tea this way, as it's a belief among microbe users, that the fogger actually kills a lot of microbes under the pressure. And that even using a pressure hand sprayer is believed also not do them very good Justice and possibly kills them too.:coffee:
I'm not exactly a believer in that last thought because I really have no other way to apply it in the field than to use a hand pressure sprayer.:yoinks::shrug:
In the last couple of years I've been using Green Cure for most of my mildew and Bud problems such as Bud rot and other things. I've also been using a product called Plant Therapy for P.M. and insect infestations as it's made from essential oils and works very well for those things. But I don't like the oil that leaves on the plant. And I can't use it right up to the day of harvest.:naughtystep:
As the Green Cure I can use it all the way up to day of harvest.:baby:

How does this product (Phyter) compare to Green Cure using it all the way up to the day of harvest?:confused1:

@Phyter :toke::hookah:
Well it sounds really promising. I like the fact that he uses microbes.:hump:

So I have to ask the question. How does it work with other foliar microbe enriched teas? Such as Boogie Brew or even home based made micro teas.
Also, will it work in a fogger? As I plan to use a fogger as my preferred method of applying this year.
But I won't be applying Boogie Brew tea or my home made microbe rich tea this way, as it's a belief among microbe users, that the fogger actually kills a lot of microbes under the pressure. And that even using a pressure hand sprayer is believed also not do them very good Justice and possibly kills them too.:coffee:
I'm not exactly a believer in that last thought because I really have no other way to apply it in the field than to use a hand pressure sprayer.:yoinks::shrug:
In the last couple of years I've been using Green Cure for most of my mildew and Bud problems such as Bud rot and other things. I've also been using a product called Plant Therapy for P.M. and insect infestations as it's made from essential oils and works very well for those things. But I don't like the oil that leaves on the plant. And I can't use it right up to the day of harvest.:naughtystep:
As the Green Cure I can use it all the way up to day of harvest.:baby:

How does this product (Phyter) compare to Green Cure using it all the way up to the day of harvest?:confused1:

Are you using a hot fogger or cold? It's the heat that will kill microbials generally. Most fungi and bacteria can handle certain amount of pressure, I don't want to give an exact number, but a method of getting spores, involves centrifuging which can exert an awful lot of pressure. So a hot fogger would be a no go. Cold fogging is amazing tho. Would work perfect.
We are not perfectly compatible with eco-teas. Not because there is anything particular about them that will damage our endophyte, just that we don't usually see them as synergistic. Ends up being far too many microbials in the batch, and it can become an area/occupation thing. I believe my product outcompetes them. You're welcome to try.
I'm not familiar with the product Green Cure. Let me have a look. So it;s Potassium Bicarbonate, ok. I don't think it would be super affective against budrot, but would work against PM. Just my opinion. I don't want to speak too much on other products.
You'd be able to use Phyter right until harvest.

:rofl:-- indeed, I'm sure you know well!... the question was rhetorical mostly, and how I still marvel at the bloody costs! Seed price is why a couple commercial growers I've asked about concerning auto' grows have waved it off as a non-starter... :yoinks:even bulk $'s!

Bryon, have you considered sending the same amount of product as the previous round? I forget what that was, about 200g maybe? Enough to treat several (smaller sized) plants for the season....
Will get back to you shortly. But that sounds do able. It really has to be enough that it's aproximating a representative test.

Are you using a hot fogger or cold? It's the heat that will kill microbials generally. Most fungi and bacteria can handle certain amount of pressure, I don't want to give an exact number, but a method of getting spores, involves centrifuging which can exert an awful lot of pressure. So a hot fogger would be a no go. Cold fogging is amazing tho. Would work perfect.
We are not perfectly compatible with eco-teas. Not because there is anything particular about them that will damage our endophyte, just that we don't usually see them as synergistic. Ends up being far too many microbials in the batch, and it can become an area/occupation thing. I believe my product outcompetes them. You're welcome to try.
I'm not familiar with the product Green Cure. Let me have a look. So it;s Potassium Bicarbonate, ok. I don't think it would be super affective against budrot, but would work against PM. Just my opinion. I don't want to speak too much on other products.
You'd be able to use Phyter right until harvest.
Sounds good.:toke:

I'm using a cold fogger.
I'm running 24 plants this year in 2 different locations in 2 different latitudes as well.
I'll be running in one location around the 41st parallel and also at the 43rd parallel. Here in Michigan. So I have quite a few options for testing and I will test your product alone, and I'll test your product in conjunction with other products such as Green Cure also I'll be using your product with the Boogie Brew tea and homemade tea on all the same cloned plants. So we can get a better and more precise reading of how they react Alone and combined.
:pass:

Back