Reg pollen on Fem mothers ?

Dabsquatch

New User
Reaction score
Was listening to a podcast with FD and he mentioned that when crossing reg male pollen to a plant that began life as fem seed, that the males from the resulting cross have a higher propensity of throwing hairs/intersex. I’m assuming that you just have to flower your males longer with a little stress to test for stable males and harvest/store pollen from them for future generations. Anyone have any lived experience on this ?

Example of the cross would be a Mephisto (f) x Gnome (m)

seen it multiple times on my personal crosses of feminized strain(majority meph) x Coal Miner’s Daughter
Here is a recent
HBSS(HBSSxCMD) so this showed up in the Bx1 generation of a HubbabubbaSmelloscope cross. This plant was showing exclusively male for a week or two
EB626417-3FD1-46B1-9219-8C415E4C984D.jpeg

I am an amateur pollen chucker for reference

I assume you had some stable boys worth taking a look at from that line ? Or was it trash?

I assume you had some stable boys worth taking a look at from that line ? Or was it trash?
Yea there is some good males within each line, and on some strains I haven’t seen it at all like my forum stomper(forum stomper x CMD). I wonder if back crossing a female of one of the afflicted crosses onto a CMD male would help remove that trait some. Or maybe it’s as simple as working the line forward as I’ve only got F1’s and Bx1’s to go by

Thanks for sharing! My hope is to do a alf#5 preservation run this next season and throw some Mephisto OG type autos in there for science and maybe some future filial generations depending on the outcome.
Also been thinking about doing a photo to auto project with males selected from spirit HP from Bodhi (ghost og x 88g13hp) and use Mephisto Og ladies with the goal of a reg seed auto Og line.

Well a pack of that Ghost Og x 88g13hp from Bodhi decided to take a full moon swim. Will have that photo pollen meet a variety of Mephisto’s og’s (AvT, rippleys, skywalker, 3bog, samsquantch) . Will be able to see stability of the boys (Fem x Reg) this coming outdoor season, thinking a full send male hunt is in order. At the end of this adventure I would like a nice OG type auto reg seed line full of plants I like and that make nice resin and finish on time before the cold monsoon season of northern Newl England.

Back