Old Reviews Review: Wheelerbarn Kief Shaker Box, handmade in USA, solid wood, metal screen, glass.

Anthropolis

Canna Jedi in training.
Reaction score
Review:
An absolute must have for all connoisseurs, this Wheelerbarn brand kief shaker box is handcrafted solid wood, made in the USA, and is the ONLY one I've found that has a metal screen and not a cheap plastic screen, also uses a solid thick glass catch plate instead of flimsy plastic, so it can't be damaged by scraping the kief.

Link:
www.ebay.com/itm/Wheelerbarn-Black-Walnut-wrap-around-white-Maple-pollen-kief-box-/251743785170

In depth:
Hi friends, Anthro here! Finally getting around to reviewing this great product! Been using it for awhile, just letting the kief collect for a rainy holiday or something haha. If you don’t want to read this, just buy it, trust me you need this one if you're interested in collecting kief :)

There are several key features which set this particular unit lightyears beyond the other cheaper ones.
  • It is very heavy, and is solid as a rock, seriously it is. The wood is real solid Walnut and Maple wood, not just veneer over press board like cheaper ones.
  • Handmade. Bonus cool points here, it has a fitment and finish only found in old skool artisan furniture, often lost in today's junk cranked out by machines in china.
  • It is the ONLY one I've found which uses real stainless metal screening. Even the supposedly "nice" looking ones use cheap plastic filament screen which tears a little more with each use (according to research).
  • The screen is replaceable if needed. Two screws on the unit base apparently gives access to the screen. I haven't taken it apart, and don't forsee ever having to :)
  • It uses real thick hardened glass as the catch plate, unlike the cheapo ones which use plastic that of course will be scored a little bit each time you scrape the kief, especially if using a razor blade.
  • It's big enough and has a deep enough main compartment to sift a good bit of flower or shake quickly and easily.
  • It works just perfectly, I cannot imagine how it could possibly be any better.

Some pics to show the details and functions:
-
Outside, top:
mfsSXCM.jpg

-
Main chamber:
Ukqwca1.jpg

-
Pull-out glass catch plate:
ba7OTLt.jpg

-
The glass plate drawer is secured by strong neodymium magnets, it is very tight, takes some effort to pull out, which is a good thing lol:
g0PC0vv.jpg

-
Glass pulls all the way out of course, for easy access to your precious trichomes:
W2PFLnu.jpg

-
Seriously thick glass, held in by magnets and the tight tolerances in the slide notches:
TTmGNxK.jpg

-
The underside has a nice smooth finger groove to pull the glass with:
6bTMeao.jpg

-

That's it folks, just an amazing and great looking product. If you want a kief box that should last about forever, this is your unit! As a bonus, it looks beautiful enough to display on your desk. I would actually pay much more $ for it, but it's only $40 shipped. Best wishes and happy trichome sifting!
-Anthropolis-

That's looks like a really well constructed box, and great write up. From a look on ebay he won't be making any more like this but he has some ready to go now, so if anybody is interested in this one you better get whole the getting is good.

Anthro, do you think it could be made better if the box had a compartment on the side to hold a sack, some papers, lighter? I was thinking of building myself one kind of like that.

Thanks, I hope he keeps making these! As for a storage compartment, idk it might be handy, but I have a dedicated box for gear and it might be annoying having the stored items banging around during kief shaking.

It probably wouldn't be too hard to make yourself a nice kief shaker box, although it might not be as pretty as this one lol. I was originally going to make one, the metal screening is available relatively cheap, and in different mesh densities. I don't think I could make one nearly this nice though haha.

Note, I finally scraped together the kief to add to a tincture, and the glass made it very easy. Afterwards, I taped the new razor blade to the underside of the glass plate so it will always be handy.

Review:
An absolute must have for all connoisseurs, this Wheelerbarn brand kief shaker box is handcrafted solid wood, made in the USA, and is the ONLY one I've found that has a metal screen and not a cheap plastic screen, also uses a solid thick glass catch plate instead of flimsy plastic, so it can't be damaged by scraping the kief.

Link:
www.ebay.com/itm/Wheelerbarn-Black-Walnut-wrap-around-white-Maple-pollen-kief-box-/251743785170

In depth:
Hi friends, Anthro here! Finally getting around to reviewing this great product! Been using it for awhile, just letting the kief collect for a rainy holiday or something haha. If you don’t want to read this, just buy it, trust me you need this one if you're interested in collecting kief :)

There are several key features which set this particular unit lightyears beyond the other cheaper ones.
  • It is very heavy, and is solid as a rock, seriously it is. The wood is real solid Walnut and Maple wood, not just veneer over press board like cheaper ones.
  • Handmade. Bonus cool points here, it has a fitment and finish only found in old skool artisan furniture, often lost in today's junk cranked out by machines in china.
  • It is the ONLY one I've found which uses real stainless metal screening. Even the supposedly "nice" looking ones use cheap plastic filament screen which tears a little more with each use (according to research).
  • The screen is replaceable if needed. Two screws on the unit base apparently gives access to the screen. I haven't taken it apart, and don't forsee ever having to :)
  • It uses real thick hardened glass as the catch plate, unlike the cheapo ones which use plastic that of course will be scored a little bit each time you scrape the kief, especially if using a razor blade.
  • It's big enough and has a deep enough main compartment to sift a good bit of flower or shake quickly and easily.
  • It works just perfectly, I cannot imagine how it could possibly be any better.

Some pics to show the details and functions:
-
Outside, top:
mfsSXCM.jpg

-
Main chamber:
Ukqwca1.jpg

-
Pull-out glass catch plate:
ba7OTLt.jpg

-
The glass plate drawer is secured by strong neodymium magnets, it is very tight, takes some effort to pull out, which is a good thing lol:
g0PC0vv.jpg

-
Glass pulls all the way out of course, for easy access to your precious trichomes:
W2PFLnu.jpg

-
Seriously thick glass, held in by magnets and the tight tolerances in the slide notches:
TTmGNxK.jpg

-
The underside has a nice smooth finger groove to pull the glass with:
6bTMeao.jpg

-

That's it folks, just an amazing and great looking product. If you want a kief box that should last about forever, this is your unit! As a bonus, it looks beautiful enough to display on your desk. I would actually pay much more $ for it, but it's only $40 shipped. Best wishes and happy trichome sifting!
-Anthropolis-

Good find! Looks like a very nice piece of equipment!

Back