Rookie to say the least, I have yet to Get A score EVER. Starting Out..INDOOR/vsOUTDOOR

IMPT
Reaction score
Ive practiced over the past year on how to germinate random bunk seeds. Had all of the beginning rookie mistakes, with Re-homing too soon, Not enough light, Only giving them 12 Hour Light, 12 Hour dark instead of 24 hour light at first, Temperature to cold, to Overwatering and Gnat flies getting into the soil. Killing a female, Iffy on sexing, Leaving a male to close to a female, Hermaphrodite at the end, my gosh, you name it folks... Apparently I am just a tard..lol.
However I have learned through all of these "DUH Moments",
once I re-homed them from the dixie cups or solo cups, and this is all while being under the 24 hour grow light in a small, greenhouse like i put them into 6 gallon buckets, with plenty of holes in the bottom, and then came Justifying which nodes were male and female... now I am able to get them up to about foot high, but the stem seems to buckle under the weight of the top heavy plants, so i tried adding dirt around the stem as they grew... and
This is all just random seed training Ive done on my own....

NOW...the big question.. I dont want to mess these babies, Ive paid a pretty penny for, Up.. I have read that autoflowers do not like to be re-homed... That being said.. I dont have a legitimate tent or home, Id have to use plastic and build something, which is fine, but I dont have the lights, and although YES I can purchase one, I assume from what Ive gathered, that THERE IS MUCH more to growing inside.

I live in Ky, and the grow season is fully upon us. Its 76 and a warm Spring rain is blowing in as I type. Its beautiful out. But someone mentioned Critters, and Deer! I didnt know racoons and deer Cheifed! ! :) But where should I plant these two girls. Please and Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

Ive practiced over the past year on how to germinate random bunk seeds. Had all of the beginning rookie mistakes, with Re-homing too soon, Not enough light, Only giving them 12 Hour Light, 12 Hour dark instead of 24 hour light at first, Temperature to cold, to Overwatering and Gnat flies getting into the soil. Killing a female, Iffy on sexing, Leaving a male to close to a female, Hermaphrodite at the end, my gosh, you name it folks... Apparently I am just a tard..lol.
However I have learned through all of these "DUH Moments",
once I re-homed them from the dixie cups or solo cups, and this is all while being under the 24 hour grow light in a small, greenhouse like i put them into 6 gallon buckets, with plenty of holes in the bottom, and then came Justifying which nodes were male and female... now I am able to get them up to about foot high, but the stem seems to buckle under the weight of the top heavy plants, so i tried adding dirt around the stem as they grew... and
This is all just random seed training Ive done on my own....

NOW...the big question.. I dont want to mess these babies, Ive paid a pretty penny for, Up.. I have read that autoflowers do not like to be re-homed... That being said.. I dont have a legitimate tent or home, Id have to use plastic and build something, which is fine, but I dont have the lights, and although YES I can purchase one, I assume from what Ive gathered, that THERE IS MUCH more to growing inside.

I live in Ky, and the grow season is fully upon us. Its 76 and a warm Spring rain is blowing in as I type. Its beautiful out. But someone mentioned Critters, and Deer! I didnt know racoons and deer Cheifed! ! :) But where should I plant these two girls. Please and Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou
I'm UK based so I can't advise how you will fare outdoors but a lot of people put cage or chicken wire type of thing to stop them getting eaten also we all started somewhere and have all had lots of bumps along the road but you seem to have learnt a lot

should I dig a hole and add like potting soil and plant the seeds, or should i put the clay dirt alone just with water on them?

And thankyou so much for any opinions or advice. I would really like to be successful at some point

And thankyou so much for any opinions or advice. I would really like to be successful at some point
how big are these girls you have do you have any pics it would help

Hi doc, when I plant them outside, I usually dig a hole about twice the size and backfill it with some good dirt. I run into clay here in Michigan and adding in the dirt helped a lot.

this is my back yard and what we have to work with

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not started these Auto flowers yet. I wanted to do them right, and not mess them up because theyre more expensive and Rare for me to have. I am just a simple common backyard garden farmer . I would like to know how to grow these plants for my own benefit. Not to just GET HIGH. But to learn something. I enjoy tactile projects, thats all. And no knowledge is bad knowledgs right? Better than not having ANY Knowledge because we all know common sense is not to COMMON

I'd advise against growing outdoors. Not a legal state. No need to get in that sort of trouble with an easily seen or smelled grow. Looks like you have some wonderful space to work with. I'd wait a couple years and see if the laws don't change in your favor.

The Governor is moving ahead on medical legalization as we speak.

Back