Mephisto Show Grows 2023 Root Beer Float and Grape Cheese

Mephisto Show Grows 2023
Finally - dried and cured pics. One of the leafier plants developed the hay flavor as it cured. Dried way too fast. Still puts my duck in the dirt though. Not sure what's what here, but...

The root beer float that is around 70ish days has developed a very bright and well pronounced barqs root beer smell. Just wild. The other two did not. One was very herbals, the other tastes and smells of a haze cross. Maybe the feeding, maybe just the variations.

View attachment 1576320View attachment 1576322View attachment 1576323View attachment 1576324View attachment 1576325View attachment 1576326View attachment 1576327
How are you going about drying? I like to go the last 4 or 5 days before chop without watering the plant so it starts to wilt a bit before harvest. This usually speeds up my drying time to about 5 days. I also will take all of the water leafs off while I'm letting the plant start to wilt in the pot leaving all the sugar leafs to wrap the flower while it's hanging to dry. I will generally cut and hang the plant as a whole from there depending on the size of the flowers and the overall size of the plant. I keep my drying closet around 60% rh and 70 degrees F. I put a small fan at the btm of the closet to move the air around bit, I don't point it directly at the flowers and keep it dark. I usually still have a bit of moisture inside of the flowers after 5 days but the outside is dry n crunchy so I'll jar it up and put the lid on over night, this usually pulls the moisture out of the inside of the flowers and makes them soft and moist again. Then I dump the flower back out of the jar for 1 last day of drying which usually puts the flower right around 55 to 60%. Then I jar it back up and start to burp the jars twice a day for the next couple of weeks. There are lots of ways to dry this way is just the fastest way I've found to dry and still get a tasty end product.

How are you going about drying? I like to go the last 4 or 5 days before chop without watering the plant so it starts to wilt a bit before harvest. This usually speeds up my drying time to about 5 days. I also will take all of the water leafs off while I'm letting the plant start to wilt in the pot leaving all the sugar leafs to wrap the flower while it's hanging to dry. I will generally cut and hang the plant as a whole from there depending on the size of the flowers and the overall size of the plant. I keep my drying closet around 60% rh and 70 degrees F. I put a small fan at the btm of the closet to move the air around bit, I don't point it directly at the flowers and keep it dark. I usually still have a bit of moisture inside of the flowers after 5 days but the outside is dry n crunchy so I'll jar it up and put the lid on over night, this usually pulls the moisture out of the inside of the flowers and makes them soft and moist again. Then I dump the flower back out of the jar for 1 last day of drying which usually puts the flower right around 55 to 60%. Then I jar it back up and start to burp the jars twice a day for the next couple of weeks. There are lots of ways to dry this way is just the fastest way I've found to dry and still get a

In the tent right now. Plus, we don't have a humidifier on our furnace. Rh gets into the upper 30s, lower 40s. Not very conducive to a controlled dry. :( summer dry times will be better as will the results. :) I'll have to give the 5 day thing a try this time around. Thanks!

Gettin' sexy...
20230330_102721.jpg
20230330_102716.jpg
20230330_102712.jpg
20230330_102707.jpg

My two favorite plants from the grow.

First is grape cheese. Nice and chunky. Very dense, sticky flowers.

RBF below that. This expression had longer, sativa like buds that were a dark purple/green at harvest.
20230407_165211.jpg
20230407_165054.jpg

The RBF above is still wrapping up. Got some big-ass, chunky buds on her. Holding out to the 20th! Getting the first flush later today.

Pulled down the GC, bucking her down today and trimming tonight probably.

My two favorite plants from the grow.

First is grape cheese. Nice and chunky. Very dense, sticky flowers.

RBF below that. This expression had longer, sativa like buds that were a dark purple/green at harvest.View attachment 1581792View attachment 1581793
Lookes exactly like the Port & Stilton I once grew, been looking for it ever since. You know what the genetics of this cultivar is?

Back