Hi @FarmerJake
I smoke the dried male flowers after they released the pollen. I only do in a small pipe as the first smoke of the day because than I can notice the effect but I highly recommend not smoke to much you don't want to get a headache.
The flower structure looks nice the last pic with the closest flower structure would be my choice. More closer male flowers gives more compact female flowers in the offspring generation. I would use different males and mark the pollinated buds, separate the seeds and growing them side by side.
I am hoping in 10 days time the slower males will look stronger flower-wise. I’ll try to smoke the males in a few days only a couple pollen sacks have opened on the fastest one

Narrowed it down to a single male, I chose the one with the desirable short/wide structure and slower flowering time.
Last group shot, winner on left
0163B543-60ED-4279-8128-15948B1C34ED.jpeg

The outlier on the right is what prompted me to chop all the others and focus on the one, it had weird male parts that weren’t in a papery casing like normal and then today I noticed these female pistils coming out so it got the immediate chop as did the other 3 though… they looked fine just keeping a limited pollen supply around
12996105-192A-4F3D-AF1F-931013A36B7C.jpeg

Winner winner chicken dinner
4125E876-B9E2-42C0-A5D4-21AB2A4C3649.jpeg
CDFF96AC-CEC7-4E9C-BC93-D5C27AC27172.jpeg
C08BEC29-6893-4E7F-B369-8F59973FBC0B.jpeg

Just hitting flower now about in-line with the RBF female. These are under 24/0 by the way to make sure they all were true autoflowers, the RBF is in another tent with 20/4 as I know that strain doesn’t prefer 24/0.

Hey brother breeder :d5:
Beautiful plants you have there. I would recommend against using a female that shows male parts without being stressed though. :toke:

Hey brother breeder :d5:
Beautiful plants you have there. I would recommend against using a female that shows male parts without being stressed though. :toke:
I agree but I haven’t grown a Rootbeer Float s2 without seeing an early premature male part that never amounts to anything. Here is my original grow for jeanos battle dome competition and I saw it then too
D61B663E-F6E5-42FC-AA18-E8EA1B12B696.png

We will see if it shows up in the next generation

Hey, grower 🤝 You made a really good choice👍🏽 glad you snagged that sturdy and potent phenotype. I think your lady will like it 😉
It's good that you kept the light interval at 24/0 , I think that's what caused a bit of stress and allowed the fifth one to show intersex traits. Glad you noticed it in time and took it out of the game. Of course, it's a shame that this gene combination manifested in your population, but nature is nature. Let's keep moving forward! 💪🏽💥

Back