Sweet Seeds Runtz XL Auto® [NEW 2021]

Are these feminized? Are they mostly selfed, or are they fem hybrids?

I.e. S7 or F6?

Yeah @Boognelson87 no comebacks from UK seedbanks sucks balls!.. can't even mention seeds when ordering sometimes?.. makes you wonder, they happily take ya money tho... once bitten twice shy n all that... ya live n learn...
Easy now!..

Everybody has recommended hella dank seed company. Year and half ago was where I bought my first sweet seeds autos. Do you guys not honor them anymore or do business?

There are a lot more shops that sell our strains and the fact that they are not featured in our website as resellers does not mean that we don't advise them. It's just probably because they get our seeds from distributors instead of directly from us. But it's the same, we advise them as well as long as you consider them serious companies.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Are these feminized? Are they mostly selfed, or are they fem hybrids?

I.e. S7 or F6?

All the strains in our catalog are sold as feminized seeds.

Runtz XL Auto®, as stated in the strain descriptions, is the resulting hybrid from the cross between a selected elite clone of Runtz and our Sweet Gelato Auto®.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

All the strains in our catalog are sold as feminized seeds.

Runtz XL Auto®, as stated in the strain descriptions, is the resulting hybrid from the cross between a selected elite clone of Runtz and our Sweet Gelato Auto®.

Sweet smokes!

tommy
Thanks Tommy, but can you share more details? So you have a clone-only Runtz and hit it with a reversed female carrying auto genes...then what? Just curious how you get to generation #7 from that starting point. I've only started hearing about Runtz in the last year or so, curious how you have a 7th generation autoflower already.

Thanks Tommy, but can you share more details? So you have a clone-only Runtz and hit it with a reversed female carrying auto genes...then what? Just curious how you get to generation #7 from that starting point. I've only started hearing about Runtz in the last year or so, curious how you have a 7th generation autoflower already.
It's been in cups since 2017.unsure when released

It's been in cups since 2017.unsure when released
Awesome, so when Cookies made the cross and found the clone, how long before that made its way to Europe for autoflower breeding by other seed companies? I'm a little bit skeptical, but of course I have absolutely NO direct inside information about how this clone has made it around the world and made its way to a 6th generation autoflower hybrid, so really curious to hear the breeder's comments.

I know by comparison Dan at Mandalorian Genetics has taken about 8 years to get his lines to the F5/F6 stage, so having something on the market with this much line breeding must be a real coups for Sweet Seeds.

Last edited:
Awesome, so when Cookies made the cross and found the clone, how long before that made its way to Europe for autoflower breeding by other seed companies? I'm a little bit skeptical, but of course I have absolutely NO direct inside information about how this clone has made it around the world and made its way to a 7th generation autoflower hybrid, so really curious to hear the breeder's comments.
Me too. I'm very excited. I'm one year and 7 days into my project. In 2 weeks I'll have F4 seeds. F3s got 2 weeks left. I love hearing the stories like mephisto getting grape stomper. Like mephisto says. Good luck repeating what they did to get it lol.

Sure ;)

First of all (and that's probably what is more confusing) our use of the designation 3G, 4G, 5G… (in Autoflowering) identifies the generational steps and not the generations themselves. We established a new generational step every time the presence of Cannabis Ruderalis genetic in the autoflowering strains is reduced. This reduction usually takes place due to the cross with photoperiod-dependent genetics.

And Sweet Seeds® has been doing this since 2011. You are right when you say that you "only started hearing about Runtz in the last year or so", but if you go to the strain description for Runtz XL Auto® (first post of this thread) you can see that the autoflowering strain that was used as parental to give this strain its autoflowering genetic trait was not Runtz but Sweet Gelato Auto®. The Runtz parental used is a photoperiod-dependent strain.

And so, as the Sweet Gelato Auto® is itself (in regards to our counts of generational steps) a 5th Generation autoflowering strain, by crossing it one more time, with a photoperiod-dependent strain, the % of Ruderalis drops to half of what it was before in the original Sweet Gelato Auto®, hence originating (according to our procedures of counting the generations) a 6th Generation autoflowering strain that we named as Runtz XL Auto®.

-

Back