Rust spots mid flowering

Delty

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Problem: Rust spots appearing and getting worse as the buds grow

Medium/grow method: Canna Coco in 4 Litre Airpot

Feed: and supplements used: Canna Coco A+B, rhiz, canncazym, ph13/14,Boost - all according to Canna light feed schedule. EC is currently 1.3, PH has been 5.8-6.0. fertigating twice per day at the moment, sometimes three. No issues with feed mixing protocol.

water source: 0.05EC rain water

Strain/age: Seed Stocker Thin Mint Crack auto week 10

light used: Mars Hydro TS600 - c. 16" from canopy

Climate: 25C humidity 50%

Additional info: I don't think it's light burn of any kind, it correlates closely to bud growth and the largest colas' leaves show the most rust spots. I am minded to reign back the nutrients a little bit, though the burnt tips were from some weeks ago and hadnt worsened under current nute strength. I don't know if it's a P deficiency but am hesitant to just throw more pk1314 in there and risk further burn/lockout, same with calmag

I think the plant could make it but yield will be affected if I can't slow the deficiency.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Attachments

• 170621 (1).jpeg
    170621 (1).jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 170621 (2).jpeg
    170621 (2).jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 95
Have you rubbed a finger over the effected areas, see if any Of the defect comes off on to your finger. I’m a new grower myself but plenty will chip in and help.

Problem: Rust spots appearing and getting worse as the buds grow

Medium/grow method: Canna Coco in 4 Litre Airpot

Feed: and supplements used: Canna Coco A+B, rhiz, canncazym, ph13/14,Boost - all according to Canna light feed schedule. EC is currently 1.3, PH has been 5.8-6.0. fertigating twice per day at the moment, sometimes three. No issues with feed mixing protocol.

water source: 0.05EC rain water

Strain/age: Seed Stocker Thin Mint Crack auto week 10

light used: Mars Hydro TS600 - c. 16" from canopy

Climate: 25C humidity 50%

Additional info: I don't think it's light burn of any kind, it correlates closely to bud growth and the largest colas' leaves show the most rust spots. I am minded to reign back the nutrients a little bit, though the burnt tips were from some weeks ago and hadnt worsened under current nute strength. I don't know if it's a P deficiency but am hesitant to just throw more pk1314 in there and risk further burn/lockout, same with calmag

I think the plant could make it but yield will be affected if I can't slow the deficiency.

Any thoughts appreciated!
do you feed to run off each time if so what ec are you feeding your plants as i want you to measure some of your run off to see if you have any salt build up or lockout

Thank you for the replies!

None of it comes off on my finger when I touch it.

I water to run off every time, about 20%. Feeding 1.3EC (0.05 water EC) but will test run off on next fert and let you know

Thanks again

Reactions: EP3
Run off PH was 5.8 but EC was 2.0. Which either suggests build up or the residue of salts in the tray are diluting and throing it off. I will test again after a thorough fert to 30%+ run off and see what it reads. Otherwise I will use canna flushing agent and reset

Run off PH was 5.8 but EC was 2.0. Which either suggests build up or the residue of salts in the tray are diluting and throing it off. I will test again after a thorough fert to 30%+ run off and see what it reads. Otherwise I will use canna flushing agent and reset
Flushing agents are pointless just use plain pH,d 6.2/6.4 water and flush till a good bit of run off till ur run off matches what your putting in or Ur happy that the issue is resolved then start low nutes again don't jump back in with full strength if Ur using synthetics . I've had that's same issue by the look of it I done the above and removed the effected leafs and the plants look healthy for me now hope you get it sorted
THC

Thank you I am going to give that a go. Had another pretty high EC run off reading and cant know for certain if it's just residual salts dissolving in the tray during run off. so will do a quick flush then the nute mix scaled back to 0.6EC then will creep up from there

I have only grown in coco with canna nutes and have had some kind of lockout/deficiency during flowering, usually the plant makes it to the end fine but the leaves are a bit messy and deficient

Disclaimer: relatively new grower, but I did have some rusting spots on my last grow. I attributed it to either a pH issue due to an uncalibrated pen, and/or over-feeding calcium.

Back