Save Money Use Honey!

Im gonna try the willow water sometime.. i wonder what adding a bit of this willow water to a feeding would do? anyone have any input?
:smokebuds:

Adding willow water to feeding may promote root growth but also will retard lateral growth and promote vertical growth.

The auxins contained in the willow water is a hormone that promote vertical growth and retard lateral growth.

The auxins are delivered throught the plant in the xylem.

Auxins are produed at the growing tips of a plant especially at the terminal bud (@ the apex of the plant) which retards lateral growth, as the terminal bud grows higher less auxins reach the lower part of the plant and the latral branches grow, which in turn produce auxins at thier tip.

Plants that grow like this are called apical and thier growth pattern is called apical dominance.

Here is a link to bending and auxins I posted in the forums if you interested. It is post #19 in the thread - https://www.autoflower.org/f6/auto-...nl-outdoor-patio-grow-23055-2.html#post450286

Peace

Growerz

very nice info mate... yes auxins and cytokinnins continaully go back and forth regulating the plants growth.. cytokinnins are produced in the root tips.. and auxins, as stated, in shoot tips. :smokeit:

too much of either creates an imbalance in the plant... :toke:

I didn't LST this pplant but during Veg id shake her pretty violently lik it would be a 25 mile gust lol ..
It was like can I do more ..
Or id take it and just make it rotates in a small circle ..
Giving it here and there but she's still straight up ...was kinda wild how her Veg went to almost 2-3 in growth after she settled down a few hours later ..

Also a smooth foliar of this ancient amber I have helped as well ..

Adding willow water to feeding may promote root growth but also will retard lateral growth and promote vertical growth.

The auxins contained in the willow water is a hormone that promote vertical growth and retard lateral growth.

The auxins are delivered throught the plant in the xylem.

Auxins are produed at the growing tips of a plant especially at the terminal bud (@ the apex of the plant) which retards lateral growth, as the terminal bud grows higher less auxins reach the lower part of the plant and the latral branches grow, which in turn produce auxins at thier tip.

Plants that grow like this are called apical and thier growth pattern is called apical dominance.

Here is a link to bending and auxins I posted in the forums if you interested. It is post #19 in the thread - https://www.autoflower.org/f6/auto-...nl-outdoor-patio-grow-23055-2.html#post450286

Peace

Growerz

Good to know Growerz, thanks for the info. so if i see a girl running a bit short, i might try to give her a boost. But i am going to try it for clones for sure.
:smokebuds:

Yeah bro just semi hend them ...move them side to side mmu know acting like u would LST but just hold it there and release it ...
Works wonders for me m.

Be careful to not break her tho ..u just playing till she gets to 45 days ..giver her some bends ..and she goes sideways it seems

10 days since taking my first cutting and I have the start of my first roots. All I did was mix a small amount of honey in water...cut and scrape my selected clone...dip it in honey... and then put it in the water
very simple and effect
017.jpg
The roots are still too tiny to pick up with my camera. I will post a pic once they developed a little further

I always disliked that the rumor that honey would be great for cuttings spread so far. The effect is miniscule if present. And anything in the area that wants to munch on your cuttings, will surely try to after it's done eating the honey and replicating rapidly. Cuttings are best rooted in an as sterile as possible environment.
I'd rather use willow water if I was a strict organic guy.

Also everyone can make proper commercial grade rooting powder themselves and save a ton of cash. Weigh your Auxin(s), dissolve in rubbing alcohol, pour on talkum powder, mix very well, let it dry, package = done :thumbs:. I made a pound a few days ago, and it cost me about as much as one little jar of clonex ( 8 eu )

Also for lazy peeps there is also an easy low budget alternative like this Ebay Link.
Naphthylacetic acid is incredibly cheap and the pure stuff can be bought by the pound in china for a few bucks. Actually, the carrier material is in most cases way more expensive than the active ingredient ( the hormones ) themselves :D:. Products containing only Naphthlyacetic acid can be found for 1-3$/50g ( a little bit less than 2 oz. ).

I hope this helps :tiphat:

Last edited:
honey sounds like an awesome substitute for a cloning gel at a much lower price, If your like me you don't like giving money to the big box stores.

Honey is not really good for cutting propagation because it attracts too many insects. Also it produces unknown gas when the liquid is stored in a container. The smell changes as time goes. Therefore honey is not recommended.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

Back